February 15, 2019
Log in to love, honor, and to SLAY!
Hero's Heart Day is a holiday full of emotion -- most heroes either LOVE the hearts, the pink decorations, and the cheerful cheesy romance... or they love to DESTROY them! This weekend, log in and /join wubbles to love, honor... and to SLAY!
This year's event brings you:
- Fuzzy teddy bears
- A quest to retrieve an ancient artifact that can bring inanimate objects to life
- A second quest to deal with the VERY VERY BAD thing that happened when you completed the first quest (Spoilers: fuzzy horrors and eldritch tentacles have been spotted...)
New Holiday Event Gear
Getting the sweet new Valentine’s Day gear will be as easy as falling in love! Find the rare Goddess of Love armor set from OverSoul and the seasonal Red Rose set in the Featured Gear Shop in your game menu for AdventureCoins.
Also available this weekend are:
- New hairs! Check out Bev's Hair Shop for the Red Rose-themed hairs (and glasses face morph)
- New gear in the Wheel of Doom merge shop! Find the Gilded HeartBreaker weapon set and the Happy House of Doom in the merge shop
- New house item shop! If you loved the zone art from Memet's /spookeasy zone, now you can own a Hero's Heart-themed version of the house, plus all the candy-themed house items. Talk to Vesper in /wubblevania after you complete the story.
February 11, 2019
Blocked Email Fix and Re-confirming your email
We have fixed an issue where players were unable to receive emails from Artix Entertainment last week if they used Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. (Though initially, all email providers were affected.) If you tried to reset your password, confirm your email address, etc, and did not receive a reply from us, you were affected and may have received an email asking you to reconfirm your address.
Notice to Reconfirm
You may have gotten a notice that you need to reconfirm your email. This is part of the solution, and you should do this as soon as possible to continue receiving emails from Artix Entertainment. You can adjust your email preferences on the Manage Account page.
Still not seeing emails?
If you reconfirmed your email address and still cannot see our emails, please check your spam folders first. (Microsoft email providers may still be directing our emails to your spam folder.) If you see the email there, you can mark it as Not Spam and they should be delivered to your inbox in the future.
If you are still not receiving any mails at all, please submit a ticket to Artix Support and they will be happy to work with you to get everything sorted out.
We’re very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience while we work on getting things back to normal.
February 08, 2019
Available in the Wheel of Doom and Merge shop!
The Wheel of Doom spins round and round... and this week, as we celebrate the new year in Yokai Isle (and China celebrates its lunar new year) we've got an all-new, party-ready set for you -- the Yokai Senshi!
New Gear from the Wheel of Doom!
We know a lot of you are raring to redeem your free spins... so we're adding a full new Epic rarity set for you, crafted by AQW Community Artist, Bido! Each of the Yokai Senshi set pieces will be available from the Wheel of Doom and from the Doom merge shop. This set will return each year during the event.
Pieces of the set include:
- Yokai Senshi armor
- Yokai Kabuto Mask
- Yokai Kabuto Helmet
- Senshi's Guard cape
- Kogane no Yumi
- Kogane no Yari
- Kogane no Katana
- Kogane no Ha
- Dual Kogane no Ha
All our seasonal Winter Wheel of Doom gear - including the Yokai Senshi set - will leave leave Wednesday, March 20th, the first day of Spring. This gear will return next year during the Winter months.
Get your Free Spins
Everyone loves to get prizes... and that's why we brought back back free spins for the Wheel of Doom!
- Members get one free spin a day while their upgrade is active
- All players get one free spin a week.
See the Free Spins Design Notes for more details.
Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness
We've gotten a lot of really positive feedback after introducing the free spins... but also a lot of you who wanted 1) a way to make sure you got an Item of Donated Awesomeness and 2) kept spinning in a quest to get the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness to drop from the Wheel... and then not didn't get it.
That's why, earlier this month, we introduced the Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness. This item is available from the Doom Merge Shop, so even if you don't receive the EIoDA as a bonus prize, you can save up your Treasure Potions and get the PIoDA.
- The PIoDA will be a Wheel of Doom merge shop exclusive.
- Cost: 1,000 Treasure Potions.
- You can get both the EIoDA (from the Wheel) and the PIoDA (from the merge shop)
- The PIoDA currently stacks up to x5. We are looking at ways to increase this by popular demand.
At a cost of 1,000 Treasure Potions, that means a member who ONLY uses their one free spin per day/week will need to log in every day for about 2.5 years to get it... but they WILL get it eventually.
* Exceptions include staff personal items, custom weapon contest prizes, HeroMart items, etc
February 08, 2019
Our Yokai New Year Celebration continues this weekend!
Join Empress Miko this weekend as our Yokai New Year celebration continues! But before the celebration can begin, the people of Akiba need your help. Zhū the Honorable Boar is trapped, caught in a mysterious sleep enchantment. Enter his dreams and battle to free him, then get ready to /party!
Join akibacny and fight to save the party!
- Quest to enter Zhū's dream
- Fight through Zhū's memories to discover what happened to him
- Battle the creature who sought to keep him trapped... forever
Yokai New Year Rewards
Our featured event farming set was crafted by the super-dedicated, Yokai New Year-loving AQW community guest artist, Nakana Rei! Fight this weekend's event boss to collect the pieces of the Zhū Ronin armor set!
In AQW it has become tradition that we sell a Non-Member AC pet to go with the theme of the Chinese New year. This year it's the Lucky Coin Pig pet to honor the year of the pig! Find that pet and the Boaruto's Father cape in the Featured Gear Shop in your game menu.
We are adding a few awesome-but-rare items that you will never see again (sad face if you miss out)!
- Floating Pigs cape
- 3 Little Pigs pet
- Lucky Coin Pig pet
You will also find a ton member and non-member Seasonal Items returning to earn while the Yokai New Year event lasts! Happy New Year!
Class Buffs: Chunin + Artifact Hunter
This week, we wrapped up our February birthday class buffs with Chunin and Artifact Hunter.
Chunin Changes: To increase its viability, we wanted to address two things that you all wanted to see change: its heal (or lack thereof) and the self-stun on Chi Blast.
- New Auto Attack default Auto Attack is now a unique auto attack called Chi Strike (has a chance to apply a small heal over time effect + attacks two monsters)
- Chi Blast Changes removed the self-stun effect and increased Chi Blast’s damage
- Monster Target Changes all of Chunin’s skills now target only two monsters (to prevent drawing more aggro than you can manage)
When coupled with its already impressive damage mitigation, the Chi Strike auto attack gives Chunin the sustainability it needs to farm without taking rest breaks or relying on a healer. And by targeting two close range monsters, you further increase the amount of damage you can deal to both targets.
Because most Chunin users would almost never trade Chi Blast's high damage for its self-stun, we removed the self-stun effect, and to ensure it’s on par with newer classes, its damage was buffed.
Artifact Hunter Changes: To address its mana issues, we adjusted damage numbers for its second skill, then buffed it so that the skill will always result in a critical hit.
Last Chance for Nulgath Birthday Gear
We celebrated Nulgath the ArchFiend’s birthday celebration last month, and it's almost time for his birthday shop to leave for the year. Find the Void Rebirth and Void Awakening sets in your game menu until next Friday, February 15th.
And don't miss your chance to get the color-custom version. Once the shop leaves, it will NEVER be available again!
February 05, 2019
Check the list of bug fixes to see what the team has addressed
Reens, Cemaros and the AQW Bug Hunter team are busy squashing the bugs you submit each week to the Bug Tracker at www.Artix.com/bugs.
Please do not send non-release bugs on Twitter. They will get lost. Make sure you send bug report forms!
Check back weekly to see if the bug you reported has been addressed. Please remember that not all bugs are "easy fixes" so some reported and confirmed bugs from each week may not be on the fixed list as they will require more time or a different person to fix them.
If you would like to know how the reports go from you to fixed, check this page:
- Titanium Crowned Northern Snowball added to Titanium Northlands Royalty shop.
- Seraphic Commander female changes from last week now showing.
- Sandsea Enchanter female skirt part has been smoothed out.
- Evolved Hex of Nulgath female skirt covering leg now.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Necrotic Caster's Skull Pet not CC to eye color. This has been mentioned before as well. CC pets don’t work. Pets were never intended to be CC and they break. A lot. When a CC pet breaks, such as the CC bit resetting to base colour when you change rooms, there really isn’t anything we can do about it. This is why we usually do not do CC pets.
February 02, 2019
Half-time is /Punt time!
When the Satyrs* face-off against the Loyalists**, all of Lore goes CRAZY! So, football fans, kick your puntin' foot into high gear, because it's half-time, and we've opened the /punt map! Score a field goal AND a rockin' character page badge by punting Twilly across the field and into the end zone!
Loyalists vs Harpies!
|WHEN:||During the Super Bowl half-time show
(around 8:30 PM EST)
|WHO:||Satyrs, Loyalists , the AQW Team & YOU!|
|WHERE:||Right here... in-game!|
|WHAT:||/Cheer for your favorite team!|
The half-time shop sports a stock full of fantastic fan favorites! So grab your pompoms and /cheer for your favorite team!
* Congratulations to making the big game, Satyrs! We're excited to a see a new team in the roster.
** Seriously, the Loyalists are INSANE! They've played in 2018, 2017, 2015, and 2012. Crazy talent!
February 01, 2019
How long will winter last?
Happy Groundhog Day! On this day every year, Philip the weather predicting groundhog pops his head out of his hole and peers around. If he comes out to play, then spring is here. But if he sees his shadow and vanishes back into his warm cozy burrow, then we know that we are in for SIX MORE WEEKS of winter!
When you log in this Saturday, you'll see Philip the Weather-predicting groundhog. If you aren't familiar with strange US folk traditions, here's the story of Puxatawnee Phil, who inspired this NPC. Talk to Phil in Battleon and complete his quest to save his brother (also named Phil... it's a family thing) from General Porkon in the Horc Fort.
Then wear his head on your face to celebrate.
February 01, 2019
Get Ready to /Party... Yokai Style!
We have a TON of events happening, because this is the week of OMG all the returning events! So strap on your lightest gear and get ready to MOVE!
Yokai Isle blends many cultural elements from China, Japan, and other Asian countries to create one of the most popular zones in-game. So every year, we celebrate Yokai New Year in Akiba. This year is the Year of the Boar (and the colors brown, yellow, and grey) in the Yokai Calendar.
Talk to Empres Ai no Miko and battle the Honorable Boar monster in the Empress' throne room. Take him on to show your respect for the boar's determination and courage.
The boss monsters has a chance to drop:
- the Boar's Guard armor set
- Brown Foo Dog
- Honorable Boar house items
- Honorable Boar pet
- Obsidian Samurai Armor Stand house statue
- Obsidian Samurai Banner house wall item
Class Balance Updates
Pisces and the class balance team are back at it -- updating classes you love to keep them fun and handy in battle! We changed four classes this week:
- Artifact Hunter
- Mystic and Arcane Dark Caster
The classes that received the most significant changes were Mystic and Arcane Dark Caster, while DoomKnight and Artifact Hunter received smaller changes. Because of this, DoomKnight and Artifact Hunter may be revisited later in February based on your feedback-- so hop on social media or on Discord and let us know what you think about these classes!
Mystic and Arcane Dark Caster Changes
The biggest change you guys wanted with these was a decrease in the time required to build up momentum. Now you won’t need to reach 100 stacks of your first skill before seeing high DoT numbers!
- Envelop in Darkness: now stacks to 20 (instead of 100), but the Damage over Time effect increases at a much faster rate.
- Arcane Overwhelming: cooldown reduced from 50 seconds to 25 seconds
- Arcane Overwhelming: Self-stun/mana recovery increased to 5 seconds.
The significant cooldown reduction and haste boosting effect of Arcane Overwhelming means your damage will now be consistently higher IF you can manage your skills and timing well.
DoomKnight Class Changes
After a thorough review and reading your feedback, we saw DoomKnight would most benefit from increased mana regeneration opportunities.
- Blood Offering: mana cost removed, now costs 20% of your max health.
- If Blood Offering is used when Dark Wound is present: 20% increase to Haste and Crit Chance (contributes to mana recovery).
Artifact Hunter Changes
Buff applied to the Supreme Arcane Spell:
- Deals increased damage
- Has a slightly stronger Damage over Time effect
- Costs less mana
- Will always hit (but can never deal a critical hit).
But that is not all we've got in the works! Later this month, the class crew will look at...
- the possibility of additional changes for Artifact Hunter and DoomKnight
- Buffing Chunin
- Reworking the skills on a currently rare class whose skills may make an appearance on Heroes Heart Day.
And just as a reminder: the classes changed in February were directly influenced by YOUR feedback! If you want to see something change, hop on Twitter, Facebook or the forums and let us know!
Also Coming this Weekend...
Log in tomorrow as our GroundHorc's Day quest and gear return. Then come back this Sunday during the SuperBowl Half-time show as we re-open the /punt map and the LoreBowl Gear Shop featuring the Loyalists and the Satyrs!
Next Weekend... Yokai New Year Continues
Join us for an all-new story adventure! Zhu, the boar spirit we must honor and celebrate, has been enchanted, and lays unconscious. He is still alive, but our mystics say the only way to revive him is to enter his dreams and destroy whatever has trapped him.
February 01, 2019
Upgrade to unlock new exclusive gear sets!
Unlock the color-custom Akiban Defender upgrade bonus sets now and channel your inner warrior! Starting this month, buy any AdventureCoin or membership package worth $10 USD or more to select an upgrade bonus set of your choice from a list of options in your Account Manager.
Choose the Akiban Defender bonus to unlock two full armor sets. The fabric on the armor and helms, plus the hilts and sheathes of the weapons and capes are color-customizable.
- Akiban Defender armor
- Enchanted Dark Samurai armor
- 3 helms
- Akiban Samurai's Shadow cape
- Dark Samurai's Shadow cape
- 4 more accessory capes
- 4 swords
- 3 dual-wield weapons
- Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts added straight to your inventory
- and a character page badge
Once you've chosen the Akiban Defender bonus on the Account Manager page, log in and find the set's shop in the Other Achievements tab in your Book of Lore.
12000 AC or 12 month membership package rewards:
- ALL the Akiban Defender gear
- 7 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts
- 10 Wheel of Doom Tickets (worth 2,000 ACs!)
- and a character page badge
Boosts and Doom Tickets will be added directly to your inventory.
2k and 5k AC or 1, 3, or 6 month membership package rewards:
- ALL the Akiban Defender gear
- 5 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts
- and a character page badge
This Friday, our Upgrade Bonuses Level Up... Choose your Reward!
In the past, our upgrade bonus sets would only be available for a single month, and then would become permanently rare. We made some really incredible gear... that no one can get now. I've talked with many of you individually to brainstorm and get feedback, and starting this month, our upgrade bonuses will become permanently available. We will continue to add new upgrade bonuses regularly, but the big difference is... now you can choose which upgrade bonus set you want!
Starting this Friday, when you buy any AC or membership pack worth $10 USD or more, you'll be able to choose one of the following bonus sets:
- Akiban Defender
- Copper Void ChronoKnight
- Golden Northlands Royalty
- All future upgrade bonus packs will be added under this system.
- ALL of the upgrade bonus gear for a set will be available when you buy an AC or membership pack worth $10 USD.
- We will no longer be doing Tier 1 and Tier 2 sets.
- Each time you upgrade, you'll be able to choose another bonus set. If you've already unlocked all the available sets, once a new one releases, you'll be able to choose it immediately.
If you buy a 12,000 AC or 12 month membership pack, in addition to choosing an upgrade bonus set, you'll also get 7x Game Boosts, a character page badge, plus 10 Wheel of Doom Fortune Tickets (worth 2,000 ACs).
Upgrade Pack Changes: Why Now?
As I talked with many of your fellow AQW players about these changes, one question repeated itself over and over: "why do we need to do this? Why now?"
Development for AQW:Mobile is going to go into overdrive. With AQW:Mobile, we will not be able to do nearly as many rare items (this is in large part for game performance reasons, like managing asset loading, just like in AQ3D). It is also a pretty big blow to the artists and future players to lose access to entire sets of gear every month.
We want to avoid that. We want to keep all the incredible art the team makes available for everyone, no matter when they start playing. And as we move into new platforms (mobile devices, Steam, ... maybe consoles?!) we want to make sure that art is available for the new heroes who will join you.
Upgrade Pack Changes: Why These Changes?
The goal with all these changes is to reward you even more -- to give you guys more options and more choices. (Plus, this new method lets people who upgrade multiple times get multiple rewards.) This is a great improvement for players who want to collect upgrade bonus sets (but may not always have the ability to when they first release).
February 01, 2019
New Year, New /Party, and more Love!
February is a month of celebration... from ringing in the Yokai New Year to the SuperBowl /party all the way to Hero's Heart Day! Log in all month long for new holiday events, stories, and gear.
February 1 Yokai Celebration: Year of the Boar, Pt 1 + Akiban Defender upgrade bonus + Obsidian Samurai seasonal set
February 2 GroundHorc's Day quest + gear
February 3 Superbowl Sunday: Punt map and team sets
February 8 Yokai Celebraion: Year of the Boar, Pt 2 (new story) + Wheel of Doom update
February 15 Hero's Heart Day 2019 + Event Rares and Featured Gear shop update
February 22 Legion Arena challenge + Featured Gear shop update
February 01, 2019
Available every year from February 1st - 28th
February is a month of celebration... from ringing in the Yokai New Year to the SuperBowl /party all the way to Hero's Heart Day! To help ALL our heroes get in the spirit, this month's seasonal set features a new set straight out of Empress Miko's royal Yokai Court: the Obsidian Samurai.
February Set: Obsidian Samurai
Starting Friday, February 1st at 12:01 AM EST (that's server time), unlock the Obsidian Samurai armor and all its accessories!
There are two ways to get the gear:
1) Total package: Buy the entire set directly through the website for $9.99 USD
2) Individually: Buy each of the individual pieces from Garek the Traveling Gear Merchant in Battleon.
The total cost to buy all of the gear individually is 5,400 ACs, so getting all the gear from the Northern Wanderers pack is a pretty sweet deal (you save 3,400 ACs).
The set includes:
- Obsidian Samurai armor
- Samurai's Shadow Cape (glow is color-customizable)
- Obsidian Samurai Banners cape
- Obsidian Samurai's Helm and Masked Helm
- 4 Obsidian Samurai hair helms
- 5 weapons (including dual-wield katanas, nodachi, and naginata)
- an exclusive character page badge
Seasonal Set Details
Each month, we'll feature a new set, available only during that month every year.
September: Celestial Naval Commander
November: Harvest Hunters
December: Northern Wanderer
January: ArchFiend OverLord
February: Obsidian Samurai
March - August: ??? - come back to see what we'll bring!
Frequently Asked Questions
Is this the same as the monthly upgrade bonus?
Upgrade bonus gear is an extra reward for buying AdventureCoin or Membership packages; new bonus gear comes out roughly every month. Seasonal set packs are bought separately. Just like the Flame Dragon Warrior pack, you can buy the entire set directly, for one price, on our site. You can ALSO buy the individual pieces in-game.
This set will return EVERY February, so if you can't get it now, you'll have another chance in 2020, or 2021, or 2022, etc.
If this isn't the monthly upgrade bonus, what IS the bonus?
You can see all the available upgrade bonuses on our upgrade site. The next bonus set will be available soon, so keep an eye on the Design Notes!
What if I just want ONE of the items?
You're in luck! Talk to Garek in Battleon. He'll be selling the individual pieces of the set through January 31st.
Where do I get my gear if I buy the full set through the website?
You'll find it in your Book of Lore.