Free MMO/MMORPG Fantasy Roleplaying Game!
Get ready for nonstop action and adventure! AdventureQuest Worlds is the best MMORPG (massively multiplayer online roleplaying game) that is browser based. There are no downloads or software to install, and this 2D MMO fantasy RPG is free to play! Brandish your blade, conjure your spells, and heed the call of Battle On!
January 22, 2019
AQWorlds Patch Notes
Check the list of bug fixes to see what the team has addressed
Reens, Cemaros and the AQW Bug Hunter team are busy squashing the bugs you submit each week to the Bug Tracker at www.Artix.com/bugs.
Please do not send non-release bugs on Twitter. They will get lost. Make sure you send bug report forms!
Check back weekly to see if the bug you reported has been addressed. Please remember that not all bugs are "easy fixes" so some reported and confirmed bugs from each week may not be on the fixed list as they will require more time or a different person to fix them.
If you would like to know how the reports go from you to fixed, check this page:
HAPPY NEW YEAR! We're back! With a big list today!
- Formal Skull Cane animation was not supposed to be on trigger. It has now been changed.
- Festive DoomKnight and Festive DoomKnight Cape descriptions updated.
- Purple Doom Lord Safiria Morph added to Vesper's shop.
- Chromium Void Cape added to it's proper shops now.
- Member Class Shop readded to game menu.
- Holiday ArchPaladin female version has been added.
- Falcon Commander Battle Pet has been informed he actually is a battle pet. He agrees.
- Frostval Barbarian Poleaxe has all it's details now.
- DragonRune SpellSmith and SpellSword's Apprentice have tails on both genders now.
- Desolate Rogue Female no longer has a gap at the shoulder.
- CyberCaster Armor and Digital Dark Caster Armor now has the same glow on both gender boots.
- Obsidian BladeMaster Male now holds a weapon properly.
- Frozen Guardian Blade and Sparkling Pomegranate Flopper have been de-evil-pixelized.
- Paragon Naval Commander red and blue variants have had multiple fixes done so both genders are more similar now.
- Doom Prismatic Composer Armor female has had shoulder surgery to put it back in place.
- Assassin of Shadows Male has had the extra bits and bobs removed.
- Diving Gear - Male shoulder and neck fixed. Female leg fixed.
- Shiny Cape no longer crowding on you.
- Spiked Guard’s Helm - all versions have been made to align the same.
- Chromium Void Chrono Staff repositioned.
- SteamPunk Pirate Captain Male had misplaced CC bits. Removed.
- Prismatic 7-Tailed Fox Tail has a full outline now.
- Demonhunter Horns front horn now properly layered.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Frostval Barbarian Helms that were not released was intentional. Not everything is always used, or used at the same time.
- Frostval Barbarian items which drop from monsters are not meant to be in the Collection Chest. Only items from Quibble were guaranteed to be in it.
- Overlord's Fiend Horns Cape and Overlord's Fiend Wrap + Horns - sorry but black has no "glow" to it.
- Inclination for Incantations is being held as you would to read it.
- Locks Of Viltusial break over the eye. (side bug of cutting into the shoulder is a layering problem and to fix it would require redrawing the longer hair)
- Chromium Void Polearm was not intended to have a glow. The glows were only supposed to begin with the Chromium Void Chrono level.
- Enchanted Void Awakening is a different shape than the normal template.
- Fantasy Bard Male, SpellSword Artifact Hunter Male, Legion Jolly Roger Armor Both - these files are very old and their layering did not follow the normal patterns. They’re as fixed as they can get now.
Pets being annoying?
- Mediator Bullpup CC. Item colouring bases can come in 3 “tones” or “shades”, dark, light or none. Which one is used is up to the artist who made the item.
- Bonus to this - pets were never supposed to be able to CC. They break. The "returns to base colour on room change" is just one example of this.
- 10th Anniversary Nulgath Pet and Eternal Champion's Nulgath Pet are as fixed as they can be due to the above issue.
January 11, 2019
New: Memet's Nightmare + Winter Defender
Twisted Trials and Terror are headed your way
Nulgath the ArchFiend, Lord of the Oversoul and ruler of the Nation, has not been seen on Lore or in the Oversoul for several years now.* In his absence, his minions are growing ambitious. Even... giddy with all the opportunities for profit and plunder they see. Log in this weekend for two new adventures - for fans and members of his Nation, Nulgath’s Twisted Court Jester will send you on a torturous scavenger hunt for wicked rewards. Then, battle the Fangs of Flame in an all-out war for control of the Dragon's Lair!
Nulgath's Birthday Shop is here!
Nulgath the ArchFiend’s birthday celebration is this weekend, and we want everyone to get in on the /party! Join us as we bring his Void Rebirth and Void Awakening sets from OverSoul into AQWorlds, in honor of the Flame Dragon Invasion event! These sets will return every year for his birthday, but the color-custom variant will ONLY be available in 2019.
asparilla's Fiendish Reward Quests
If you're a fan of Nulgath's Nation, you're no stranger to hard work... or almost-tortuous quests. This weekend, log in and /join citadel. Find Casparilla... because she's got some games for you to play while Nulgath's away. And if you know ANYTHING about Nulgath, you know that the only Court Jester he'd keep is a crazy-loyal and just plain INSANE trickster.
January 04, 2019
Return to the Djinn Realm
Celebrate Crulon's Birthday in the heart of the Sandsea!
We're celebrating the second of five team member birthdays... in the Sandsea Desert! Log in this weekend and fight to decipher riddles crafted by Crulon, Djinn Realm Guardian (and AQW artist). Unravel his twisty, tricky tests to locate ancient monsters; defeat them to get 3 ancient seals and reap the rewards!
Talk to Crulon in /djinn to begin his quests. Complete his Seal of Approval quest and to collect the pieces of the Serpent Knight gear. Find his Sandsea Enchanter set in his birthday shop or the Featured Gear shop in your game menu.
Djinn Realm Guardian Armor Sets
After you complete the story, battle to create the Djinn Realm Guardian armor sets shown below! Talk to Crulon to begin his Unseen Essences farming quest. There is a 10% chance to get the merge item resources from the quest, and an additional chance to get even more from each monster you kill!
January 01, 2019
New Upgrade Bonus + Seasonal Sets
Upgrade to unlock the Void ChronoKnight gear sets!
Unlock the all-new Void ChronoKnight upgrade bonus gear now! Buy any AC or membership package worth $10 USD or more to unlock the Copper Void ChronoKnight set or get the bonus color-custom Chromium Void ChronoKnight armor and accessories with the 12,000 AC or 12 month membership packs.
- The Void ChronoKnight sets will be permanently available as one of the upgrade bonus set choices when you buy membership or AdventureCoins.
- All packages also come with the Void ChronoKnight character page badge
January Seasonal Set: ArchFiend OverLord
January is a month of new beginnings and birthdays in AQWorlds! To help ALL our heroes celebrate the new year and Nulgath's birthday, this month's seasonal set features the ArchFiend OverLord, available from January 1st - 31st each year.
Starting this Tuesday at 12:01 AM EST (that's server time), unlock the ArchFiend OverLord armor and all its accessories!
January 2019 Event Calendar
A Month of Good, Evil, and Birthdays!
2019 is here, and that means... time to /party - this month is the month of BIRTHDAYS! We're celebrating the new year and a host of AE team member birthdays, including Vesper, Crulon, Nulgath, Stryche, and Memet. The adventures will continue all month long, so gear up and get ready to /SLAY!
January 1: New Year's 2019 update + January ArchFiend Overlord Seasonal Set + Vesper's Birthday Shop
January 4: Crulon's Djinn Realm Mystery Quest + Void ChronoKnight upgrade bonus gear
January 11: Memet's Spook-easy Birthday* + Fiendish Wheel of Doom update
January 18: Nulgath's Birthday Scavenger Hunt + Nulgath's Birthday Shop*
January 25: Stryche's Were-Bear Birthday Event + Captain Rhubarb's Birthday Shop
* At long-last, we are celebrating Memet's November birthday... now!
** If you were a 1st Upholder in OverSoul, you are going to be VERY happy with the free gift you'll get in AQW - the Void Awakening gear! The gear will release in Nulgath's birthday shop, but YOU will get it for FREE!
The Wheel of Doom is BACK
Spin Swaggy's wheel to get prizes!
Five years ago, we launched the Wheels of Doom and Destiny from the Carnival of Fortune. They were one of AQWorlds' most popular features and starting today... the Wheel of Doom is BACK! /join Doom and talk to Swaggy to buy Fortune Tickets, then spin the wheel and get prizes.
EVERY time you spin, you will receive:
- 10,000 gold
- Treasure Potion
- 1 hour EXP Boost
- A chance for a bonus prize
Use the Treasure Potions and the XP Boosts in combat or in the Wheel of Doom Merge Shop. This week, free spins return to the Wheel of Doom! Members get one free spin per day, while ALL players get one free spin per week. Get more information in our FAQ.
New Gear from the Wheel of Doom!
We know a lot of you are raring to redeem your free spins... so we're adding a full new Epic rarity set for you! Each of the set pieces will be available from the Wheel of Doom and from the Doom merge shop.
Pieces of the set include:
- ShadowScythe Sorcerer armor
- ShadowHood of Doom
- ShadowHorns of Doom
- Dark Aura Staff
- ShadowScythe Spell Blade
- Shadow's Aura Orb (single and dual wield)
- Shadow Sorcerer's Wrap
- Shadow's Aura Wrap
Now available at HeroMart: 2019 Calendar
2019 Calendar Unlocks Corrupted Chronomancer Class at Heromart!
A new year approaches, and that means it's time for a brand-new Calendar to arrive at HeroMart. This year's calendar is filled with evil, each month features hand-drawn digitally painted artwork inspired by the most epic villains from all of the Artix games!