February 15, 2019
Log in to love, honor, and to SLAY!
Hero's Heart Day is a holiday full of emotion -- most heroes either LOVE the hearts, the pink decorations, and the cheerful cheesy romance... or they love to DESTROY them! This weekend, log in and /join wubbles to love, honor... and to SLAY!
This year's event brings you:
- Fuzzy teddy bears
- A quest to retrieve an ancient artifact that can bring inanimate objects to life
- A second quest to deal with the VERY VERY BAD thing that happened when you completed the first quest (Spoilers: fuzzy horrors and eldritch tentacles have been spotted...)
New Holiday Event Gear
Getting the sweet new Valentine’s Day gear will be as easy as falling in love! Find the rare Goddess of Love armor set from OverSoul and the seasonal Red Rose set in the Featured Gear Shop in your game menu for AdventureCoins.
Also available this weekend are:
- New hairs! Check out Bev's Hair Shop for the Red Rose-themed hairs (and glasses face morph)
- New gear in the Wheel of Doom merge shop! Find the Gilded HeartBreaker weapon set and the Happy House of Doom in the merge shop
- New house item shop! If you loved the zone art from Memet's /spookeasy zone, now you can own a Hero's Heart-themed version of the house, plus all the candy-themed house items. Talk to Vesper in /wubblevania after you complete the story.
February 11, 2019
Blocked Email Fix and Re-confirming your email
We have fixed an issue where players were unable to receive emails from Artix Entertainment last week if they used Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. (Though initially, all email providers were affected.) If you tried to reset your password, confirm your email address, etc, and did not receive a reply from us, you were affected and may have received an email asking you to reconfirm your address.
Notice to Reconfirm
You may have gotten a notice that you need to reconfirm your email. This is part of the solution, and you should do this as soon as possible to continue receiving emails from Artix Entertainment. You can adjust your email preferences on the Manage Account page.
Still not seeing emails?
If you reconfirmed your email address and still cannot see our emails, please check your spam folders first. (Microsoft email providers may still be directing our emails to your spam folder.) If you see the email there, you can mark it as Not Spam and they should be delivered to your inbox in the future.
If you are still not receiving any mails at all, please submit a ticket to Artix Support and they will be happy to work with you to get everything sorted out.
We’re very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience while we work on getting things back to normal.
February 08, 2019
Available in the Wheel of Doom and Merge shop!
The Wheel of Doom spins round and round... and this week, as we celebrate the new year in Yokai Isle (and China celebrates its lunar new year) we've got an all-new, party-ready set for you -- the Yokai Senshi!
New Gear from the Wheel of Doom!
We know a lot of you are raring to redeem your free spins... so we're adding a full new Epic rarity set for you, crafted by AQW Community Artist, Bido! Each of the Yokai Senshi set pieces will be available from the Wheel of Doom and from the Doom merge shop. This set will return each year during the event.
Pieces of the set include:
- Yokai Senshi armor
- Yokai Kabuto Mask
- Yokai Kabuto Helmet
- Senshi's Guard cape
- Kogane no Yumi
- Kogane no Yari
- Kogane no Katana
- Kogane no Ha
- Dual Kogane no Ha
All our seasonal Winter Wheel of Doom gear - including the Yokai Senshi set - will leave leave Wednesday, March 20th, the first day of Spring. This gear will return next year during the Winter months.
Get your Free Spins
Everyone loves to get prizes... and that's why we brought back back free spins for the Wheel of Doom!
- Members get one free spin a day while their upgrade is active
- All players get one free spin a week.
See the Free Spins Design Notes for more details.
Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness
We've gotten a lot of really positive feedback after introducing the free spins... but also a lot of you who wanted 1) a way to make sure you got an Item of Donated Awesomeness and 2) kept spinning in a quest to get the Epic Item of Donated Awesomeness to drop from the Wheel... and then not didn't get it.
That's why, earlier this month, we introduced the Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness. This item is available from the Doom Merge Shop, so even if you don't receive the EIoDA as a bonus prize, you can save up your Treasure Potions and get the PIoDA.
- The PIoDA will be a Wheel of Doom merge shop exclusive.
- Cost: 1,000 Treasure Potions.
- You can get both the EIoDA (from the Wheel) and the PIoDA (from the merge shop)
- The PIoDA currently stacks up to x5. We are looking at ways to increase this by popular demand.
At a cost of 1,000 Treasure Potions, that means a member who ONLY uses their one free spin per day/week will need to log in every day for about 2.5 years to get it... but they WILL get it eventually.
* Exceptions include staff personal items, custom weapon contest prizes, HeroMart items, etc
February 08, 2019
Our Yokai New Year Celebration continues this weekend!
Join Empress Miko this weekend as our Yokai New Year celebration continues! But before the celebration can begin, the people of Akiba need your help. Zhū the Honorable Boar is trapped, caught in a mysterious sleep enchantment. Enter his dreams and battle to free him, then get ready to /party!
Join akibacny and fight to save the party!
- Quest to enter Zhū's dream
- Fight through Zhū's memories to discover what happened to him
- Battle the creature who sought to keep him trapped... forever
Yokai New Year Rewards
Our featured event farming set was crafted by the super-dedicated, Yokai New Year-loving AQW community guest artist, Nakana Rei! Fight this weekend's event boss to collect the pieces of the Zhū Ronin armor set!
In AQW it has become tradition that we sell a Non-Member AC pet to go with the theme of the Chinese New year. This year it's the Lucky Coin Pig pet to honor the year of the pig! Find that pet and the Boaruto's Father cape in the Featured Gear Shop in your game menu.
We are adding a few awesome-but-rare items that you will never see again (sad face if you miss out)!
- Floating Pigs cape
- 3 Little Pigs pet
- Lucky Coin Pig pet
You will also find a ton member and non-member Seasonal Items returning to earn while the Yokai New Year event lasts! Happy New Year!
Class Buffs: Chunin + Artifact Hunter
This week, we wrapped up our February birthday class buffs with Chunin and Artifact Hunter.
Chunin Changes: To increase its viability, we wanted to address two things that you all wanted to see change: its heal (or lack thereof) and the self-stun on Chi Blast.
- New Auto Attack default Auto Attack is now a unique auto attack called Chi Strike (has a chance to apply a small heal over time effect + attacks two monsters)
- Chi Blast Changes removed the self-stun effect and increased Chi Blast’s damage
- Monster Target Changes all of Chunin’s skills now target only two monsters (to prevent drawing more aggro than you can manage)
When coupled with its already impressive damage mitigation, the Chi Strike auto attack gives Chunin the sustainability it needs to farm without taking rest breaks or relying on a healer. And by targeting two close range monsters, you further increase the amount of damage you can deal to both targets.
Because most Chunin users would almost never trade Chi Blast's high damage for its self-stun, we removed the self-stun effect, and to ensure it’s on par with newer classes, its damage was buffed.
Artifact Hunter Changes: To address its mana issues, we adjusted damage numbers for its second skill, then buffed it so that the skill will always result in a critical hit.
Last Chance for Nulgath Birthday Gear
We celebrated Nulgath the ArchFiend’s birthday celebration last month, and it's almost time for his birthday shop to leave for the year. Find the Void Rebirth and Void Awakening sets in your game menu until next Friday, February 15th.
And don't miss your chance to get the color-custom version. Once the shop leaves, it will NEVER be available again!
February 05, 2019
Check the list of bug fixes to see what the team has addressed
Reens, Cemaros and the AQW Bug Hunter team are busy squashing the bugs you submit each week to the Bug Tracker at www.Artix.com/bugs.
Please do not send non-release bugs on Twitter. They will get lost. Make sure you send bug report forms!
Check back weekly to see if the bug you reported has been addressed. Please remember that not all bugs are "easy fixes" so some reported and confirmed bugs from each week may not be on the fixed list as they will require more time or a different person to fix them.
If you would like to know how the reports go from you to fixed, check this page:
- Titanium Crowned Northern Snowball added to Titanium Northlands Royalty shop.
- Seraphic Commander female changes from last week now showing.
- Sandsea Enchanter female skirt part has been smoothed out.
- Evolved Hex of Nulgath female skirt covering leg now.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Necrotic Caster's Skull Pet not CC to eye color. This has been mentioned before as well. CC pets don’t work. Pets were never intended to be CC and they break. A lot. When a CC pet breaks, such as the CC bit resetting to base colour when you change rooms, there really isn’t anything we can do about it. This is why we usually do not do CC pets.
February 02, 2019
Half-time is /Punt time!
When the Satyrs* face-off against the Loyalists**, all of Lore goes CRAZY! So, football fans, kick your puntin' foot into high gear, because it's half-time, and we've opened the /punt map! Score a field goal AND a rockin' character page badge by punting Twilly across the field and into the end zone!
Loyalists vs Harpies!
|WHEN:||During the Super Bowl half-time show
(around 8:30 PM EST)
|WHO:||Satyrs, Loyalists , the AQW Team & YOU!|
|WHERE:||Right here... in-game!|
|WHAT:||/Cheer for your favorite team!|
The half-time shop sports a stock full of fantastic fan favorites! So grab your pompoms and /cheer for your favorite team!
* Congratulations to making the big game, Satyrs! We're excited to a see a new team in the roster.
** Seriously, the Loyalists are INSANE! They've played in 2018, 2017, 2015, and 2012. Crazy talent!