June 25, 2020
Now Available: Automatic Prize Redemption
The IoDA just got even MORE awesome!
Last week, we announced that changes were coming to the Wheel of Doom and it's "Item of Digital Awesomeness," which you can redeem for almost any item in the game. And now... we are READY to launch!
Automatic Prize Redemption?
That's right! Before today, if you wanted to claim your prize, you'd need to follow a series of steps and write in to Player Support. The infinitely-indefatiguable Zohrah would then award those prizes by hand after reading your emails and reviewing your account. But all that is about to change.
With our new automatic prize redemption system in the Account Manager, you can log into your account manager and choose your prize from a list of options, then get it right away.
No need to contact Player Support, no need to wait.
How to Claim your Prize
Once the new system goes live, if you have a confirmed email address, you'll be able to redeem your IoDA and claim your prize by following these steps:
- Decide on the item you want
- Log into your account manager
- Click on the "Awesome Prizes" link on the sidebar
- You'll see a list of the IoDA tokens you have available
- Choose from a list of ALL the eligible item rewards
- You'll be taken to a verification page to confirm your choice
To redeem a prize, start by clicking the Spend Token button. This will take you to where you will actually redeem your prize.
As mentioned above, make sure you are entering the name of your desired item exactly as it appears on the AQW Wiki.
Now click on the name of the item which is displayed and it will bring you to a verification page:
If the item displayed is exactly the item you wish, click the Get Prize Item. If the item is not the one you thought it was, please click the Choose Different Item and refer back to the AQW Wiki and make certain you had the name exactly right.
In the case of items which have the same names, both items will be displayed and you can check the descriptions and prices to be certain you are clicking the correct one.
We know there are a ton of items in AdventureQuest Worlds... and you can pick almost any of them! There are some limitations, but they are very few and very reasonable.
Farmed items: Want an item that is only available by farming? You got it! One note, though: in the case of newly released farmable items, they won't be available until at least one month after they are released.
Newly-released items: if new items are set to go rare, you'll need to wait until they're no longer availble in-game. If they're not going rare, then the same one month wait period applies before they can be requested.
Our goal is to always put your happiness first! We know many of you will want some of the newer items, which we wouldn't have been able to get donations for yet. Because of this, the team is setting aside a number of each newly released item for the prize pool from the start, so we can fill these requests.
End-game reward items: You may choose farmed items that come with badges such as the Blinding Light of Destiny, Sepulchure's Armor and Drakath's Armor. However, if you choose one of these items, we cannot award the badge for it. You will still have to finish the quests to get the badge.
You cannot redeem these tokens for:
- An item that was made as a personal item for either staff or contest winners.
- An item to be custom crafted, or any item which was custom crafted for any reason.
- An item that is a bonus item from a HeroMart purchase. This does include items from the ingame HeroMart which cost more than 2 HeroPoints.
- Items which were rewards from KickStarter pledges.
- Items which come from Book of Lore Achievement Badges, or items which come from quests which require an item from these badges. These are the ones which show up in your Badge Tracker in the Manage Account page.
- Miscellaneous items. (Items must be able to be equipped to be chosen)
- An item from another game. The IoDA program is exclusive to AQW.
These types of items will not appear in the Chooser list even with the exact item names. If an item name is not appearing for you, it means the item is excluded and you will need to choose a different item.
* The D in IoDA used to stand for "donated." But Captain Rhubarb has scavenged so many items from deleted, permanently-disabled, and orphaned accounts due to be purged that he had commission a second and third ship to hold all of of the loot. Now we're passing that on to you.
** Some exceptions apply.
Item Exchanges have stopped
Choose your prize carefully There are no time limits to using your tokens to get prize items. Please make sure you research the item before redeeming your token, and that you're requesting the exact item you want. We are no longer allowing any choice undo, refund, or exchange.
There is no time limit on redeeming these tokens, and you are given instructions on the Prize Redemption Page page and on the Awesome Items IoDA Chooser on how to make sure you are getting the item you desired by comparing descriptions and prices on the AQW Wiki before you confirm it is the item you want. Because of this, we have to hold players responsible for selecting the item they want to have.
Please make sure you research the item before redeeming your token, and that you're requesting the exact item you want.
Once you have chosen your item, it is yours. It cannot be refunded, exchanged, swapped, substituted, replaced or undone.
1. Will players get a bonus IoDA for the GIoDA and WIoDA redeemed?
You sure will. We are finalizing the implementation of the rewards and will have more details next week, once we see how the current system is performing.
2. If so, will there be a maximum amount of bonus IoDAs you can receive?
The team is reviewing the max amount of bonus IoDAs and how/when they will be awarded. The bonus IoDAs were awarded for people whose original IoDA tokens were never removed, and those had a max stack. We will keep everyone up to date once we have final amounts.
3. Will players receive a bonus IoDA for the WIoDA/GIoDA currently sitting in their inventory?
Yes, you sure will. We are currently finalizing the amount of bonus tokens that someone with a WIoDA/GIoDA can receive to remain fair to all our players (past and present).
4. Once a player redeems the bonus IoDA and an extra EIoDA, will they be removed from the user's inventory?
Yes, all tokens are consumed now.
5. For players that receive 6 Treasure Potions per spin: once they redeem their EIoDA, will the user have to gain another EIoDA to receive 6 Treasure Potions again?
(Thanks to super-fan AQW player Hole for assembling this list of FAQ's)