August 20, 2015
Chat System Change: Confirmation Prompt
Confirm Your Email To Keep Your Account Safe and Remove Reminder
It's really important to confirm your email in AQWorlds for a couple of key reasons, and keeping your account safe is the most important one. If you ever lose access to your account for any reason, having a confirmed email means Player Support can help you recover it so you don't miss any of the releases, events, or shops in-game!
That's why, starting today, if you don't have a confirmed email and start chatting in-game, you'll see a message that looks like this if you are not an upgraded member:
And this if you are an upgraded member:
To remove that message, all you need to do is confirm your email address!
That's really all there is to it. We get so many messages from players who have issues with an account, but who cannot prove that they own it. We want to make sure we're helping the right person, so confirming your email will help prove your identity, too.
If you already confirmed your email, then congratulations! You are wise, and you don't need to worry about any of this, because you already took steps to protect your account.
Update your AQW Account with an active email address
- Head to http://account.aqworlds.com/
- Enter your Username and Password or click on the Facebook Connect button, then Login
- Click on the Resend Confirmation button
- Log in to the email address you have linked to your AQWorlds account and watch for an email in your from: AdventureQuest Worlds MMORPG with a subject line of: =AQW= AdventureQuest Worlds Confirmation
- Click the link inside that email address and your email will be confirmed!
- Once you re-log into the game, the chat reminder message will disappear!
If you don't have access to your email address anymore, Player Support can help!
Head to the How do I update my signup email? Help Page.