January 30, 2019
Void ChronoKnight Upgrade Pack Changes
Upgrade to unlock the Copper Void ChronoKnight gear sets!
Starting this Friday, February 1st, at 6 PM EST, the Void ChronoKnight upgrade bonus sets will change to match our new "Choose your Bonus" rewards set-up. Buy any AC or membership package worth $10 USD or more to unlock one of our upgrade bonus packs, then log in to your Account Manager and choose the Copper Void ChronoKnight set.
Choose the Copper Void ChronoKnight pack in your Account Manager to unlock:
- Copper Void ChronoKnight armor
- 5 helms
- 2 capes
- 10 weapons
- 3 pets
- 5 Rep/XP/Gold/Class Points boosts added straight to your inventory
- and a character page badge
Once you've chosen the Copper Void ChronoKnight set on the Account Manager page, log in and find the set's shop in the Other Achievements tab in your Book of Lore.
Chromium Void ChronoKnight Set Add-On
Once you unlock the Copper Void ChronoKnight set, the color customizable Chromium Void Knight set can be permanently unlocked when you buy the Chromium Canister for 6,000 ACs.
- Buy any membership or AdventureCoin pack worth $10 USD or more.
- Choose the Copper Void ChronoKnight upgrade bonus in your Account Manager.
- Log in at www.AQ.com and find your Copper Void ChronoKnight badge shop.
- Buy the Chromium Canister item.
- /join battleontown and head to Vinara's Curio Shop. Click on the Chromium VoidKnight to unlock your gear.
The Chromium Void ChronoKnight set includes:
- Chromium Void ChronoKnight armor (Chromium armor is color-customizable)
- 5 helms
- 4 capes
- 10 weapons
- 3 pets
*During January 2019, the Chromium Void Knight set was available for players who purchased a 12,000 AC pack or 12 month membership. The Chromium Canister is priced to keep the total cost of the Chromium Void Knight set equivalent under our new system. This set will not be purchasable as a separate upgrade bonus.
This Friday, our Upgrade Bonuses Level Up... Choose your Reward!
In the past, our upgrade bonus sets would only be available for a single month, and then would become permanently rare. We made some really incredible gear... that no one can get now. I've talked with many of you individually to brainstorm and get feedback, and starting this month, our upgrade bonuses will become permanently available. We will continue to add new upgrade bonuses regularly, but the big difference is... now you can choose which upgrade bonus set you want!
Starting this Friday, when you buy any AC or membership pack worth $10 USD or more, you'll be able to choose one of the following bonus sets:
- Akiban Defender
- Copper Void ChronoKnight
- Golden Northlands Royalty
- All future upgrade bonus packs will be added under this system.
- ALL of the upgrade bonus gear for a set will be available when you buy an AC or membership pack worth $10 USD.
- We will no longer be doing Tier 1 and Tier 2 sets.
- Each time you upgrade, you'll be able to choose another bonus set. If you've already unlocked all the available sets, once a new one releases, you'll be able to choose it immediately.
If you buy a 12,000 AC or 12 month membership pack, in addition to choosing an upgrade bonus set, you'll also get 7x Game Boosts, a character page badge, plus 10 Wheel of Doom Fortune Tickets (worth 2,000 ACs).
Upgrade Pack Changes: Why Now?
As I talked with many of your fellow AQW players about these changes, one question repeated itself over and over: "why do we need to do this? Why now?"
Development for AQW:Mobile is going to go into overdrive. With AQW:Mobile, we will not be able to do nearly as many rare items (this is in large part for game performance reasons, like managing asset loading, just like in AQ3D). It is also a pretty big blow to the artists and future players to lose access to entire sets of gear every month.
We want to avoid that. We want to keep all the incredible art the team makes available for everyone, no matter when they start playing. And as we move into new platforms (mobile devices, Steam, ... maybe consoles?!) we want to make sure that art is available for the new heroes who will join you.
ArchFiend OverLord Leaves this Friday!
January is a month of new beginnings and birthdays in AQWorlds! To help ALL our heroes celebrate the new year and Nulgath's birthday, this month's seasonal set features the ArchFiend OverLord. This is your last chance to get the January Seasonal Set this year... it will not be available again until 2020.
Starting this Friday at 12:01 AM EST (that's server time), unlock the Obsidian Samurai armor and all its accessories with our February Seasonal Set!