August 03, 2018
Return to Yokai
4th Chaos Lord Revitalization
This weekend, head back to Yokai Isle as the team updates and polishes the 4th Chaos Lord Saga. If you haven’t beaten Chaos Lord Kitsune yet, now’s the time!
Changes to the saga zones include:
- Rebalanced monsters
- Smoothed out level progression
- Increased Zodiac Puzzle Key drop rates
- Updated Book of Lore to send heroes to the proper saga starting point
- Turned some "invisible / auto-complete" quests visible to make objectives clearer
- NPC dialogue updates to make your next steps clearer
- Changed monster locations to avoid confusion (example: monsters related to the Zanar storyline are now in separate rooms, visible only when you're on those quests.)
- New level 30, 50, and 80 versions of the O-Dokuro boss* (and the exclusive Samurai Panda reward set) for our experienced heroes
The set includes:
- Samurai Panda armor
- Shadow Panda Morph helm
- Bamboo Slicer katana and dual katanas
- Samurai Panda Tail
- Crossed Bamboo Slicer Katanas cape
The Samurai Panda set is based on one of my favorite animals - the Red Panda (with the coloring of your more common Giant Panda). It is found in the Himalayas and China, and is, very sadly, endangered. There are only less than 10,000 left in the world.
Fun fact: the name for the FireFox web browser is based on the red panda's nickname - the Fire Fox.
* Design Notes earlier this week listed multiple levels of the Kitsune boss. The location of those drops has been moved to the level 30, 50, and 80 O-Dokuro bosses.
PS: the Frostval maps will close again on Friday, August 10th, and Quibble's Frostval shop will will not reopen until December. This is your last chance to cool off until Frostval!