June 19, 2020
Wheel of Doom Changes
The IoDA just got even MORE awesome!
The Wheel of Doom spins round and round... and each time you try it, you walk away with prizes.
EVERY time you spin, you will receive:
- 10,000 gold
- Treasure Potion
- 1 hour EXP Boost
- A chance for a bonus prize
Use the Treasure Potions and the XP Boosts in combat or in the Wheel of Doom Merge Shop. Save up enough Treasure Potions and you'll unlock one of our Items of Digital* Awesomeness (IoDA)! With one of those sweet treasures, you can claim almost any** item in AdventureQuest Worlds.
Introducing... Automatic Prize Redemption
Before today, if you wanted to claim your prize, you'd need to follow a series of steps and write in to Player Support. The infinitely-indefatiguable Zohrah would then award those prizes by hand after reading your emails and reviewing your account. But all that is about to change.***
We are in the final stages of testing an IoDA Automatic Prize Redemption system that will let you log into your account manager and choose your prize from a list of options right away.
No need to contact Player Support, no need to wait.
That is the good news! Slightly-less-exciting news... While we are in final testing, Zohrah will not be able to manually award any IoDA prize claims. All current support tickets for IoDA prize claims are on hold while we finalize the new set-up.
*** We really appreciate everyone's patience as Zohrah has raced to award your prizes. But she is only human (for now) and so would have to take breaks from awarding the prizes to eat, sleep, and answer emails. She's been incredibly excited to introduce this feature for you all. She knew you'd be thrilled!
WHHAAAAT?! How will that work?
Once the new system goes live, if you have a confirmed email address, you'll be able to redeem your IoDA and claim your prize by following these steps:
- Decide on the item you want
- Log into your account manager
- Click on the "Awesome Prizes" link on the sidebar
- You'll see a list of the IoDA tokens you have available
- Choose from a list of ALL the eligible item rewards
- You'll be taken to a verification page to confirm your choice
* The D in IoDA used to stand for "donated." But Captain Rhubarb has scavenged so many items from deleted, permanently-disabled, and orphaned accounts due to be purged that he had commission a second and third ship to hold all of of the loot. Now we're passing that on to you.
** Some exceptions apply.
When will this go live?!
The system went into final testing earlier this week. A host of release, bug, and security testers have been poking and prodding at all of the gear, widgets, hamsters. and one very annoyed Dricken used to make things run smoothly.
We expect to go live this coming week if all goes well, and will keep everyone posted. A full list of details, exceptions, and a walk-through of the new system will also come next week.