December 13, 2018
Level Cap Increases to 90 + IceStorm Arena
SLAY Bells are ringing this weekend!
Our Frostval celebration continues this Friday at www.AQ.com with a bounty of new gear, an all-new battle arena, and a level-cap increase to 90! Heroes of all levels and class type are invited to fight through the ranks of the IceStorm Raiders for honor, glory, and prizes. Take on this weekend’s level 100 boss -- Warlord Icewing -- with a group of friends, or try to fight him solo if you're a high-enough level!
- Level cap increases to 90
- Higher-level enhancements (including Awe Enhancements) added*
- IceStorm Arena (with monsters level 5-100)
- Double XP boost **
- Quibble’s Frostval Rares + Frostval 2018 Collection Chest
The Level Cap Increases to 90!
For all you heroes asking us when the level cap will increase... today is the day! It's only been about 1.5 years since the last multi-level cap raise, so it we're adding 5 more levels, taking the cap from level 85 to 90! (Current plans for a level cap increase schedule: 95 in 2019 and 100 in 2020.)
To celebrate, we've added a DOUBLE XP server boost. Next week, we'll add Double Gold, Rep, and Class points as we releaes the Frostval Barbarian Class.
- Level 85 - 90 Enhancements: level 50+ enhancement shops in your game menu
- Awe Enhancements: in the Awe Enhancements shops in /museum
Also, this week: we've added in functionality from the PTR servers so that as long as you fight monsters that have more than 1 HP, you'll always get at least the minimum level of class points, no matter what level the monster is. (Before, if you fought monsters that were too low a level, you would not get any CP.)
Enter the IceStorm Arena
Warriors, Rogues, and Wizards of all levels and ranks are invited to fight through the ranks of the IceStorm Raiders for honor, glory, and new gear! Battle icy opponents from level 5 to 100 as you earn EXP and gold. High-level heroes can blast their way to the end of the arena to take on the level 100 Warlord IceWing boss.
Icy Barbarian Gear
The dev team's goal is to have the IceStorm arena serve as the best level farming area in-game - with the smoothest, most balanced progression, and high-level monsters for our more experienced heroes.
Merge Shop Rewards include:
- Icy Barbarian armor + accessories
- Icy Infernal armor + accessories
Plus, take on Warlord IceWing for a chance to get the Boreal Bardiche and Cavalier Claymore!
Icy Infernal Gear
Who are the IceStorm Raiders?
After Tyndarius’ mortifying defeat in the Etherstorm Isles, and his rejection by the Queen of Monsters, the islands were abandoned… until King Rimescar and his army moved in to annex the lands. Ice and snow now blanket an area once known for its volcanic activity. To honor the winter holidays, he’s thrown open the arena to Lore’s most well-known and skilled hero… YOU!
Farming and Rebalancing
In the interest of updating some unbalanced areas and quests in the game, we've adjusted some monster levels and quest rewards.
- Darkness monster level in the Bloodmoon Arena lowered to 25*
- Alchemy quests XP lowered from 100 to 0
- Dys-Geni-c Chaorruption? quest now rewards 5,000 gold and XP
And quest reward increases:
- Willpower Extraction quest now rewards 10,000 XP
- Demanding Items of Nulgath quest now rewards 10,000 XP
- The Poisonous / Refreshing Deal quests now reward 10,000 gold and XP
- GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE... quest now rewards 5,000 XP
- Crag's Thirst quest now rewards 5,000 gold and XP
- Retrieve Void Auras quest now rewards 10,000 gold and XP
- Unstable Essences quest now rewards 10,000 gold and XP
- Shadow Essences quest now rewards 10,000 gold and XP
* The Nothing monsters in the member-only /nightmare remain level 99.