September 13, 2019
This Weekend: Special Double Holiday Guest Event
Two weeks of Friday the 13th AND Talk Like a Pirate Day start tonight!
YARRRRR! Friday the 13th is making landfall RIGHT NOW! Back in 2012, Aurelio Voltaire sailed to Pirate’s Bay, but his ship sunk just off the coast. The wreckage has lain at the bottom of the sea, undisturbed (?!), ever since... and so has the treasure it carried. His candy-loving companion, Hargoyle, set off to recover it, and hasn't been seen since. This year, log in and battle through a sunken pirate ship alongside Aurelio Voltaire in our double holiday event: the Sea Witch's Curse!
You think Friday the 13 superstitions are scary? Just wait until you battle these bloodthirsty sea monsters—THEN you’ll know the true definition of scary! And brace yourself… because the Wicked Item of Donated Awesomeness is live in the Wheel of Doom Merge Shop!
This weekend, /join merrowtrench to begin a cursed underwater adventure and...
- Battle alongside Aurelio Voltaire through a sunken pirate as you search for Candy Claws
- Fight monsters to get 36 event-exclusive reward drops
- Rock out to killer tunes as you take down the waterlogged merdraconian pirates
- Defeat a boss so heartless that mermaids can barely whisper in her presence
- Escape with your life... if you can...
- How lucky—you can play through all previous Friday the 13th events!*
Event reward drops include the seasonal Cursed DeckStalker set, the rare Doomed DeckStalker set, the Waterlogged Zombie armor, a boss-themed armor set, unlucky 13th pirate accessories, and the Cursed Guitar of DOOM!
Aurelio Voltaire Returns for Friday the 13th!
Aurelio Voltaire is the maker of music, films, books, comics, toys and... mayhem. He has appeared in almost ALL of the AQWorlds Friday the 13th events... and has become a fan-favorite for our players (not to mention beloved by goths, trekkies, and music-lovers in general). If you aren't familiar with his music or other works, you should check his site out here.
In addition to being an incredible artist, he's a downright amazing person to work with, and we're incredibly grateful for the time and energy he spent helping us with the release. (Especially since a few email gremlins sent most of his messages to our spam boxes! O_O) On behalf of the entire AQWorlds team, we want to thank Aurelio Voltaire for being a part of this special event!
Wheel of Doom Update: Wicked Item of Donated Awesomeness
Last week, we talked about some upcoming changes to the Wheel of Doom, to make how Treasure Potion drops work clearer.
Live this week:
- We added 200 free Treasure Potions to your account if you spun the Wheel between April 26th and September 6th, as our way of apologizing for any issues related to the Monster Priestess set's double release
- Replaced the Platinum Item of Donated Awesomeness (max stack: x5 items) with the Wicked Item of Donated Awesomeness. The new item will allow you to claim as many IoDA items (you can only have 1 in your inventory at a time, but each time you redeem it, you'll be able to get another.)
Still to come:
- Updates to the in-game information on Treasure Potions (when they drop, how many, and why) to clear up some confusion*
- Separating out the Wheel of Doom Merge Shop exclusive items into a separate shop so it is easier to see which items have Merge Shop and Wheel drop variants
Check this post for more information on the Wicked Item of Donated Awesomeness.
PS: the Underworld Berry Mug has been added to Dage X Faith's Wedding Rares shop!
* The seasonal Talk Like a Pirate Day event maps, items, and class will arrive next Friday, September 20th.
** Treasure Potions are dropping as intended, but after reading many of your messages, we see that the information in-game could be clearer and will update it to be more explanatory.