January 08, 2018
AQWorlds Patch Notes
Check the list of bug fixes to see what the team has addressed
Reens, Cemaros and the AQW Bug Hunter team are busy squashing the bugs you submit each week to the Bug Tracker at www.Artix.com/bugs.
Check back weekly to see if the bug you reported has been addressed. Please remember that not all bugs are "easy fixes" so some reported and confirmed bugs from each week may not be on the fixed list as they will require more time or a different person to fix them.
If you would like to know how the reports go from you to fixed, check this page:
Bug fixes: January 8, 2018
- Esprit d'Cour has decided to take a vacation until next TLAPD.
- Forsaken Sword of Thanatos no longer has a bloody point.
- Vaal's Doomed Skull Cape no longer stretches out on move.
- Renegade ShadowSlayer female eyes no longer look like a bad makeup tutorial.
- Vasalkar's Champion fingers are now CC to the rest of the skin.
- Galactic Ruins Cape is now in the proper position.
- Dr. Eisenbacke male has been convinced to stop flashing.
- Moonstone Cultist female arm now reaches all the way to the weapons.
- Blade Master now holds weapons where they are supposed to be held.
- Assassin of Resolution year tag removed and readded to New Years Shop.
- New Year’s ball now the correct year in the New Year’s House Shop.
- Various typos and a few rare tagged items removed from game now.
Extras for this week - No such thing as a “simple” art fix!
Some of you may remember this tweet from Memet. This is especially true of some reports we got this week so I’m going to give you some more info on why these cannot be fixed.
The layering on the character model goes hand -> weapon -> shoulder-> rest of body. This is what allows things to be where they are supposed to be.
We can’t move shields to the outside of the back hand at this time. This is an engine limitation on the layering, not an art bug.
Now for the really fun part!
Non-standard shaped armours! Isn’t that fun? This one actually cannot be changed because it’s all one layer. That’s the only way it will work. As you can see in the (horrifying) picture above, the hand on the armour isn’t anywhere close to the hand on the character model. And the hand has to stay where it is to retain the same look as the monster version.
Non-standard shaped armours will generally have some “derp” to them that is what has to be done to make them work as an armour. So, these are not bugs, they are Easter Eggs!
Class Updates from Arklen and team!
Arklen and the Class Design Team will now also be giving some information*** on what they work on each week. Arklen would also like to let you know you can give him feedback on classes on his twitter - @Arklen_AE
- Necromancer - Item description have been updated
- Horc Evader - Item description have been updated
- Darkside - Item description have been updated
- Chrono DragonKnight - ‘Spell Blade’ description have been updated once again.
- Elemental Dracomancer - ‘Duradun's Scales’ description have been updated.
- Love Caster - ‘Love Shield’ description have been updated
- Great Thief - ‘Coin Flip’ description have been updated
- Rogue (Rogue (rare), Classic Alpha Pirate, Barber, Classic Pirate, Renegade)*
‘Footwork’ cooldown have been increased to 32 seconds. (previously was at 25)
‘Footwork’ mana cost reduced to 20. (previously was at 25)
‘Ceili’ cooldown have been increased to 32 seconds. (previously was at 25)
‘Ceili’ mana cost reduced to 20. (previously was at 25)
*Class Team Note: The changes to Rogue/Leprechaun was to fix a bug that caused people to be disconnected when looping the skill.
***Obviously secret things like details of unreleased classes won’t appear here.
****Classes may be subject to change, determined by player feedback. DNs will be posted in that event.