May 05, 2022
May 6, 2022 Quest and Item Updates
Necrotic Sword of Doom Quest Updates
In an effort to make obtaining Necrotic Sword of Doom less frustrating, we have updated the existing three Void Aura farming quests to reward a more consistent amount of them upon each turn in. We have also created two new daily quests in order to provide additional sources of Void Aura upon completion.
The following quests have been updated to now reward either 5, 6, or 7 Void Aura upon completion instead of 2, 5, or 10:
- Retrieve Void Auras
- Gathering Unstable Essences
- Commanding Shadow Essences
Two new daily quests for Void Aura have been added:*
The Encroaching Shadows (Daily)
- Defeat Warlord Icewing, Hydra Head 90, and Flibbitiestgibbet (which may be a bit different now) for misc item drops.
- Rewards x50 Void Auras, 50,000 gold, and 100,000 XP upon completion, with an additional chance to reward (Necro) Scroll of Dark Arts
Glimpse Into the Dark (Daily) (Member Only)
- Defeat Chaos Kraken, Ancient Trigoras (Phase 2), and Graveclaw the Destroyer for misc item drops.
- Rewards x100 Void Auras, 100,000 gold, and 150,000 XP upon completion, with an additional chance to reward (Necro) Scroll of Dark Arts
*Please note that the two Void Aura daily quests will not be affected by increased drop quantity events.
Additionally, Braeus now won't appear in /shadowfall until the player is level 60.
Nulgath Farming Updates
Crag and Bamboozle
- The Poisonous Deal and The Refreshing Deal quests now require Bone Axe (dropped by Big Jack Sprat) instead of Undead Plague Spear.
- The drop rate of Bone Axe has been increased.
The Undead Plague Spear could be easily acquired by a few players for a long time, so we decided to make the quest requirements equal for everyone while also increasing the drop rate of the Bone Axe instead.
Oblivion Blade of Nulgath
- The drop rate of Tainted Soul has been reduced due to recent QoL changes increasing the turn-in rate of the Dark Deal quest to levels beyond intended.
- The Diamonds of Nulgath Sale quest now rewards x9 Diamond of Nulgath upon completion. (This increases earnings when used strategically with boosts and saves time, to offset the above change a bit.)
Tendurrr The Assistant
The Game of Gemstones quest now rewards 333,333 gold upon completion.
Item Boost Changes
The following items have had their boosts updated to be more in-line with other items of similar obtain difficulty:
- Infernal Flame Pyromancer now gives 25% more Gold/XP/CP/Rep, its damage boost remains unchanged.
- Aspect of Luxaria now gives 25% more XP.
- Stare of Greed now gives 25% more Gold.
- Gluttony's Maw now gives 25% more CP and Rep.
- Beleen's Dragonblade now gives 75% more damage to dragons.
Story Quest Rebalancing
In order to streamline early game progression, certain quests in the following storyline areas have had their Gold, XP, and Rep (where applicable) rewards increased:
- The "What's Mine is Yours" quest in /dwarfhold has had its rewards increased.
- The "Twisted Paw" quest in /safiria has had its rep reward increased.
- The "Sanguine" quest in /lycan has had its rep reward increased.
- Quests in /chaoscave now reward Lycan rep (though they're still unrepeatable).
- Both Wolfwing Ending quests now reward Lycan rep instead of Good or Evil rep.
- The "Kimberly" quest in /palooza is no longer repeatable.
Scroll of Enrage
Stack limit increased to 1,000.
~ Immortal Joe and Eht