December 27, 2010
And What A Year It's Been!
- We started with the end of Yokai and the Kitsune battle.
- Groundhorc's Day!
- The return of the Superbowl Halftime Shop!
- Darkovia Brawl PVP map!
- PVP rewards!
- Heroes Heart Day!
- Chinese New Year and the first AC non-member pet the White Chibi Tiger!
- Pancake Day... yeah, that really happened!
- PTR Shop!
- The Shamrock Fair!
- The amazing AQW Wiki's first Birthday!
- Suffered through a LOT of Facebook and Twitter fakes!
- The release and eventual repair of Miltonius' Secret area!
- Grenwog and the Choco-Bunny which would change shape for EVERYONE!
- Member Only Twilight Zone expanded!
- Member Only PTR testing of the new engine!
- April Fools gag, where EVERYONE (except us) got a gold name!
- 8 Track Day and Disco Stoopid!
- PTR engine release, finally got STATS in AQW!
- The Rixty Ripper!
- The Portal Site and Master Accounts!
- Planet Day and Captain Lore!
- Mythsong & Chaos Lord Discordia!
- Started adding music to most weekly releases!
- One-Eyed Doll and our awesome LIVE event!
- NEW CLASSES, more than I can even list here!
- Return of Cinco De Mayo seasonal shop!
- Return of the Mother's Day seasonal shop!
- I got married!
- J6 began his amazing zone!
- TONS of awesome contests like the Art contest & Music contest!
- The Member-Only Hollowsoul Castle zone & expansion!
- The birth of HeroMart and all the Calendar craziness which is STILL happening!
- The GIANT SIZED quest chain!
- DragonCon, MetroCon * ShadoCon!
- Rolith and Alina got engaged!
- The J6 LIVE DRAW event where you watched and helped J6 draw a brand new weapon!
- Friday the 13th featuring George Lowe!
- Beleen's Stupid Derp Fish
- Korin got married!
- Arcangrove and Chaos Lord Ledgermayne!
- Talk Like a Pirate Day!
- Taco Day!
- The Obridgado Brasil shop!
- The addition of Dage The Evil, Skyline, Yorumi, & Stratos to AQW staff!
- 2nd UPHOLDERS!
- AQW's 2nd Birthday Event featuring Paul & Storm and Jonathan Coulton!
- The rerelease of the Canadian Thanksgiving seasonal shop!
- Quibble visits and brings some great AC items and rares!
- Member only ALPHA testing for our new MMO, HeroSmash!
- Battleon Games again becomes a Platinum Sponsor of Child's Play! (Thanks!)
- I hit the BIG RED BUTTON and turn off the entire game. Smooth move, me!
- Frostval (still going on!)
I'm sure I missed some stuff, and sorry for that, but I could keep writing this post all day!
Thanks to everyone for making this AQW BEST YEAR YET! Special Thank You to the Members for keeping us going. I know that not everyone can support the game with a membership, and every AC, AExtra and ad helps keep AQW running but Members are really the fires that keep the AQW engine running and we are SO grateful for your support. We promise to keep AQW Memberships the best value in gaming, keep listening to your ideas and suggestions and try to get as many of them in the game when and where we are able!
So What About This Week?
This week, we've got the return of the New Year's event with Icemaster Yeti and Lim! We will be re-releasing as many of the new-year's seasonal rares as makes sense (the 2010 New Year's Hat would NOT make sense) but we're also adding LOTS of brand new items!
House Items that DO STUFF!
Yorumi has been working his code magic and we're going to try and release a few MEMBER ONLY house items in the New Year's release! These items will ONLY work for the owner of the house. One will make everyone in the house dance, one will allow you to kick unwanted guests back to Battleon and if we can get it working we will add an item that will lock everyone out of your house except you and the people on your Friend's List (and mods, of course).
Speaking Of Members...
As promised, to make up for having to unlock Frostscythe for all players, we will be adding several new MEMBER ONLY seasonal rares to Frostscythe.
Speaking Of Adding Items...
I did say that Quibble would be staying until the new year and this Friday is still in 2010 so you will STILL be able to get his items for this week AND Next week. Quibble is leaving NEXT Friday, but THIS Friday we will be adding a few MORE new items!
If he doesn't sell his entore stock he's going to break his spine carrying those items out of town after new year.
Speaking Of The New Year...
This Saturday is January 1st, 2011... that means that all the gift boxes from Tinsel and the Big Red Bag in Battleon will open sometime on Saturday, the day after this week's release. It could happen at ANY TIME during Saturday (based on the server clock, which is Eastern Time) so don't bother flooding the forums and my Twitter with "What Time Do They Open?!".
However, It's perfectly fine to flood Beleen's Twitter! Heh.
AEXtras is still a great way to get FREE ADVENTURECOINS and even FREE BATTLEON POINTS!
Just CLICK HERE to get started!
Or, You can jump onto your Master Account and start earning free BattleOn Games Points using AExtras and use those Points to get stuff in ANY of our games!
September 21, 2010
Live-Events, Anniversarys, and Holidays OH MY!
Greetings and salutations friends. It is nearly October... and on the crazy date of 10/10/10 AQWorld's celebrates it's second Birthday... and you are invited to the party as the guest of honor! But nothing here ever goes as planned. Last year, the world was flipped on its head as millions of players BECAME UNDEAD and sieged Liongfang's castle to save the AE Team.... this year, things will be even CRAZIER as all new musical guests will be arriving and *Cysero covers Artix's mouth to stop him from talking* "Sorry guys. You know he can't keep a secret."
Artix: What? I can so keep a secret!
Cysero: No you can't
Artix: Yes I can!
Cysero: No you can't
Artix: Yes I can!
Cysero: Alright, what's a secret you're keeping?
Artix: I have not told a single soul that in my spare time I made an AdventureQuest card game and that Toys R Us found out about it and is actually coming down to meet with us about it! It is really fun. It is a single deck game, a little like Munchin, so you only need one deck for you and your friends to play. It plays super fast for 2 to 4 players. Matches that are 2 vs 2 are my favorite because there are so many fun loopholes in the rules to mess up your opponents big attacks in unpredictable ways!
Cysero: My point exactly.
3 Months of Holiday Special Events!
The final three months of the year are always THE BEST. Mid October, In AQWorlds (and in our other games too!) the haunted holiday of Mogloween begins! The town of Mystcroft will appear with old quests and many new ones. This year we have housing, so we should decorate our houses for Mogloween and have house-to-house trick or treating! Then (assuming you are able to defeat the current Chaos Lord... and he does not win and take over the world) a brand new saga will begin. Steampunk zone? Maybe Doomwood? In November it is time for the Harvest Festival... and we can try to survive Oishii's cooking! Then, the snow will start falling in December as Frostval approaches -- there will be snow, presents, ice dragons, and Mmmmmm hot moglinberry juice! Then.... it is time for the New Years Party! It all starts with the big birthday bash on 10/10/10 -- which is one event you will NOT want to miss!
Forum Question: What is your favorite Holiday Special Event in AQWorlds?