April 21, 2014
Wheel Of Doom Gear Changes
Coming Soon: New 1% Drops in the Wheel of Doom
Deep in the forests near Doomwood, you'll find the Carnival of Fortune, a place of magic, mystery, mayhem... and luck! Spin the Wheel of Doom or the Wheel of Destiny for a chance to win exclusive prizes, Potions, gold, and a chance for the Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness!
Not sure how this all works? Check out our Wheel of Doom FAQ!
How to get to the Wheel of Doom/Destiny?
- Click on the Carnival of Fortune button in your Game Menu or
- Type /join doom in your chat bar to go to the Wheel of Doom or
- Type /join destiny in your chat bar to go to the Wheel of Destiny
How to spin the Wheel of Doom or Destiny:
- Get a free spin at the start of each month
- Get a free spin every day when you upgrade your account
What do I get when I spin?
EVERY time you spin, you will receive:
- 10,000 gold
- Fortune Potion
- 1 hour XP Boost
You can use the Fortune Potions and the XP Boosts you receive in the Wheel of Doom and Destiny merge shops to create exclusive gear! You may also win one of the bonus prizes that also drop from the Wheels!
Old 1% Drops Leaving and New Gear Arriving
With every spin, you get a chance to get a rare 1% drop - either the Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness OR a hard-to-get item OR gear that ONLY drops from the Wheel of Doom! The gear listed below will be leaving the Wheel of Doom NEXT WEEK... while the gear replacing it will become available for a while.
Before the items listed below leave, their drop rate will increase to let anyone still hunting have one final shot at getting the gear!
The MechaJouster Armor is ONLY available from the Wheels!
1% Gear leaving:
- Doom Chaos Symbiote Armor
- Doom Naval Commander set
- Doom Prismatic Composer Armor
- Doom Celestial Sandknight
- Doom Rotting Naval Commander set
- Doom Shiden Bardiche
- Doom Pirate Captain set
- Doom Red Star Sword
- Doom Toga
- Doom Pirate Captain's Elegant Hat
- Doom Open Celestia Sandwings
- Doom Celestial Sandsword
- Doom ExoKatana Binsoku
- Doom Souleater Warrior
- Doom Iced Jester
- Doom Iced Foule-Bordeau Helm
- Doom Soul Ripper
- Doom Star Slasher
- Doom Lycan Transformation
- Doom Vampire Transformation
- Doom Celestial Sandknight Helm
Dark Exosuit Binsoku
Gear arriving this Friday, May 2nd:*
- Exosuit Binsoku Armor, Dagger, and Helm
- Doom Shielded Centurion Armor and Helm
- Doom Centurion Armor and Helm
- Centurion Cape
Gear added to the Merge Shop LAST week:
- Dark Exosuit Binsoku Armor, Dagger, and Helm (based on the Exosuit Binsoku)
- Twig's Fishbones pet
* This Design Notes was originally posted on April 21st, but has been updated.
Why is the Gear Changing?
Good question! Back when we first introduced the Wheel of Doom, we added in old Quibble items that were NOT tagged rare (we will never return an item that has been tagged rare!) and gave them a 1% drop rate. MANY of you guys were very, very happy about that, but a lot of you had reservations.
As a compromise, we said we would swap out the 1% items every couple of months so... and that time has come. There are only a handful of Quibble items without rare tags left, which means there are only a small number of them that qualify for inclusion in the WoD. So, we are adding some of those items back in, but with some additional recolors for the merge shop.
We were going to stop cycling the items in and out, but based on player feedback, we decided not to do that. There will still be a small increase in the drop rates, however, before this latest batch leaves next week.