Carnival of Fortune FAQ
We've got answers to all your Doom and Destiny questions!
Not sure how the Wheels of Doom and Destiny work in AQWorlds? Got a question about bonus prizes or how to become a Donation Hero? Then read on, because we've got the info you need to know!
How to get to the Wheel of Doom/Destiny?
- Click on the Carnival of Fortune button in your Game Menu or
- Type /join doom in your chat bar to go to the Wheel of Doom or
- Type /join destiny in your chat bar to go to the Wheel of Destiny
How to spin the Wheel of Doom or Destiny:
- Get a free spin at the start of each month
- Get a free spin every day when you upgrade your account*
Or talk to Carnival vendors to buy Fortune tickets:
- Buy a single Fortune Ticket for 200 AdventureCoins**
- Buy a Stack of 10 Fortune Tickets for 1,500 AdventureCoins (25% discount)**
* Daily spins do not roll over. You must log in each day to use your free spin for the day.
** Doom Tickets CANNOT be sold back. This prevents losing them accidentally and potential exploits.
What do I get when I spin?
EVERY time you spin, you will receive:
- 10,000 gold
- Fortune Potion
- 1 hour XP Boost
You can use the Fortune Potions and the XP Boosts you receive in the Wheel of Doom and Destiny merge shops to create exclusive gear! You may also win one of the bonus prizes that also drop from the Wheels!
Carnival of Fortune: Bonus Prize Drops
To see a list of what bonus drops are currently available, talk to the Carnival vendors to see the Prize Preview shop.
Don’t forget this important information:
- Exclusive items available for a limited time only will be added to the Wheels of Doom and Destiny on special occasions! These items (like the blade below), will be available for a short time and will have higher-than-normal drop rates!
- You will only be able to get each equippable item one time, no repeats!
- Treasure Gear will be available in the Wheel of Doom for a few months, then will be rotated in and out to make room for other items.
- More items WILL be permanently added to the Wheel over time... so tell us what non-rare items you'd like to see in it!
- Bonus Prize items cannot be traded or swapped; getting the prize you want takes real life luck!
Not Getting Bonus Prize Drops from the Wheels?
If you are only seeing the rewards listed above when you spin, that means you have gotten a LOT of the high-drop rate bonus prizes already; or you are having a bad run of real-life luck! (Don't worry, we will regularly add more high-drop gear to the Wheels for you to win!)
Wheel of Doom vs Wheel of Destiny
Each Wheel has MOST of the same drop rates, prizes and merge shop rewards. We may occasionally add unique items to each Wheel, but those will be announced in the Design Notes.
Messages from the Wheel of Doom and Destiny
Good luck is a LOT of fun! Whenever you get a bonus prize from the Wheel of Doom or Destiny, the server will show a message in your chat window letting you know what you’ve gotten.
And when anyone on your server is lucky enough to receive a rare 1% Wheel of Doom drop, you'll also see a message about that! (So make sure to congratulate them!) You will NOT see messages about other hero's rewards unless it is a 1% Treasure drop, though.
Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness
If you get very lucky, you may just get an Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness from the Wheel of Doom or Destiny! If you see that in your inventory, follow the directions in the item description to contact the AQW team and choose a rare item you would like to receive!
- Once a month, we go through those emails by hand and make a list of what each winner wants.
- We match up requests with gear from the list of prizes donated by generous players (we call them Donation Heroes)
- We manually take the item from the donator's inventory and put it onto the Ultimate Item winner's account. (You will not get a response unless we have a question about your item request.)
Because we have to do this by hand, we cannot do this for every player. The only way to move items from one account to another is if you receive an Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness from the Wheel of Doom or Destiny! This is the ONLY way Rare items will EVER return to the game.
How to Become a Donation Hero
Want to donate one of your rare items? Email your username and the list of items you'd like to donate to: DonationHero@battleon.com!
Once a month, we'll count how many players got the Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness drop... and let them pick what they want from the list of donated items!
We will only contact prospective donators before removing items, so be sure to send the email from an address you check regularly.
Rare items will not be released again
We didn't plan for ANY of Quibble's items to go rare... EVER... but many of you love your rare items, so we will return "Unknown/Unassigned" Quibble items to the Wheel of Doom and Destiny, but ONLY those items...ever! Items marked "RARE" are perma-rare and no more of them will ever be added to the game for all players again.
*It is possible to receive a Rare item from someone else in the game, but ONLY if you receive an Ultimate Item of Donated Awesomeness drop. That item is only going to one player; not being re-released to all players.
Cycling Quibble's "Unknown" rarity items in and out!
Every few months, the "Unknown rarity" items will change out to keep their quantity in-game low. Check the Wheel regularly to see which items are currently on the reward list!
Back to AQWorlds Home