February 24, 2017
Quest to sign Nythera's Scroll of Laws and Unlock Rewards
Nythera is the head of the Player Support team. She and her two battle-companions, Neveya and Vidra, are here to help all our heroes whenever they have account issues. But because the world of Lore can be dangerous, we have certain rules all our players need to follow - they help everyone play friendly and fair, and help keep you safe.
To make it easier for everyone to find and know the rules, Nythera is now parked right in the center of town with a basic list of rules, a quest, and an achievement.
Our goal is to make sure EVERYONE understands the rules. That way, you won't break them. (And if you do... it will be intentional. Please don't break the rules. We want you to keep your accounts!)
Nythera's Scroll of Rules
- Enjoy playing AQWorlds! Do not bot, cheat, or use any programs to help you play.
- Keep your account safe. Do not share, trade, give away, or sell your account.
- Keep your password secure. Do not share it, or ask anyone else for their password.
- Be friendly! Do not harass, insult, or threaten anyone.
- Do not upgrade other players' accounts. Buy them a gift certificate instead!
Check out a full list of the rules here: http://www.aq.com/lore/guides/AQWRules
February 24, 2017
It's time to get your /party on as Carnaval returns!
/Party with your fellow heroes as we return to last year's multi-cultural parade bash ... but beware - when an old villain decides to celebrate this year... things may just get too hot to handle!
The Party Keeps Going...
This weekend, head to Carnaval for all your favorite party gear!
- Talk to Cysero and Beleen in the /carnaval map
- Find Frevo in /terradafesta
- Talk to Fausto in /parades
Many thanks to AQW team member Ergotth for designing the release and doing the Portuguese translations!
It's Not a Party without Presents!
Head to Terra da Festa to find our favorite seasonal Carnaval rewards, plus a host of new items! Tip your tophats to fellow AQW hero and Brasilian artist extraordinaire, daniel_pp2 - his Caliente Carnaval armor set inspired this year's reward series!
- Paraíso Carnaval Set: available in the Featured February Gear shop, will return each year
- Caliente Carnaval Set: will drop from this week's boss monster
- Rare Carnaval After Dark Set: available for a limited time only in the February Featured Gear shop
- Linda Carnaval Set: available for all players, for gold, from the seasonal Carnaval shop
February 23, 2017
Sharing leads to swearing... when your account is stolen
Your AQWorlds account is your online alter-ego -- the hero you want to be while inside the world of Lore. Playing alongside your friends is a huge part of the fun. But it’s better to have them battling alongside you… not AS you. Sharing your account is a risky business, and you stand to lose a lot when you do it.
1. You may lose your account. Permanently.
When you upgrade your account, you invest real money into it. But if you share your account with others, they may upgrade it, too. Accounts that are shared among many people, and which have payments made by many accounts, can be disabled for payment fraud.
Even if you are the original owner, you may lose access to your account.
Your friend may lose access to theirs, too, if they make payments on accounts they don't own.
2. They may not give your account back.
If you tell someone else your account and email address passwords, and they change it, they become - in effect - the new owner of your account. Then all the time and effort you put into it will be gone… until you start the process of recovering it. (But jump back up to #1 for a reminder about payment fraud.)
Give away your password and you give away your control.
3. Other people can sell your items/spend your ACs.
Anyone with access to your account can spend your AdventureCoins or sell your items (including rares)... and you can't get it back.
If someone sells one of your rare gold items, it will be gone forever.
4. Your friends can share your account with others.
Just like it’s a bad idea to use someone else’s toothbrush (because you don’t know where it’s been. EW.)... when other people are able to access your account, they can share it with other people. Who can share it with other people… until people you do not even know have as much control over your account as you do.
Sharing your AQW account is like sharing a toothbrush.
It can get gross and messy REAL fast.
5. The account you use can be taken from you.
If you are playing on an account you did not create, the original creator can take it back without your permission by recovering their account or contacting the Help Team.
If you did not make the account originally, you do not "own" the account.
6. You may get punished for what your friends do.
If you share your account with a friend, and that person uses it to bot, scam other players, or attack the server, you (the account owner) are responsible for their actions.
You may never use a bot, but if someone bots on your account, it may be banned. Then YOU lose out.
Remember: one account, one person.
That means: each account should only be used by one person. :)
Why Write This Listicle? (A mini bonus listicle!)
- Many people put years into building their ultimate AQWorlds account. We want don't want to see you lose it... for any reason!
- We hear a lot of you saying "But I didn't know it was against the rules. You can't ban me for not knowing!
- We've gotten a lot of player feedback about losing accounts, and trying to get them back. The best way to prevent losing your account is not to give it away/share it in the first place!
Check out a full list of the rules here: http://www.aq.com/lore/guides/AQWRules
But because inside the game is the BEST place to list our rules, an in-game TL;DR version of the 5 most important rules is being added tomorrow night, along with a quest, reward, and character page badge. Complete Nythera's quest to sign the "Scroll of Rules" to unlock the rewards and achievement!
February 21, 2017
The Future is Evil
About "Dage the Evil"
February 20, 2017
Celebrate the dark party starting March 3rd!
Dage the Evil, leader of the Undead Legion and AdventureQuest Worlds artist, has a birthday in two weeks! If you’ve been with us for a while, you know that this fan-favorite event means evil gear, dark rewards, and all-new birthday items!
Join us on March 2nd (Dage's real birthday) for all the returning seasonal birthday gear. Then, on Friday, March 3rd, the two-week event begins with new rewards, new monsters, and a new WAR!
- Dage faces off against his most dangerous enemy... of ALL TIME
- The Ultimate Dark Caster set returns*
- the Legion DoomKnight Class and armor set return*
- New Paragon quest and bank pets
- A TON of new rewards: rare gear, farmable accessories, and more!**
Dage's Undead Legion 3017 event now has a Facebook page! Get previews, discuss the coming war, and invite your friends.
* These are available for both AdventureCoin and Legion Tokens
** Last year's rare gear, including the Arcane Dark Caster, will not return.
A NEW, for-real final Dark Caster Set
For the last two years, Dage has been itching to move on to new designs and start new traditions. But the Dark Caster series has proven to be one of the most popular designs we've ever created. So, to make all our current heroes happy and pave the way for new, future traditions, here's the plan:
- Dage is going to create a 2017 variant of the Arcane Dark Caster set*
- This set will return seasonally each year**
- There will be AC *and* Legion Token versions
- This armor set will likely come later in the month of March. Stay tuned for a release date.
This will be the final new Dark Caster armor set, but it will return each year, along with the Ultimate Dark Caster. Keep an eye out next year to see what insane, new tradition Dage begins!
* He may need to become a Chronomancer to make time... but we are always eager to break the laws of reality to make you guys happy!
** So that all heros now and in the future, are on the same footing, there will be no shortcuts for the pieces in this armor set.
Legion DoomKnight Class: How to Get Yours
Dage's been itching to recruit more DoomKnights into the Legion! And each year during his birthday, the Legion DoomKnight Class will help spread the darkness...
There are THREE ways you can get the Legion DoomKnight armor:
- Buy with 2000 ACs to get it immediately
- Farm for the Class if you have the Sepulchure's DoomKnight Armor by completing the "Become a DoomKnight" quest from Dage in Battleon
- Farm for the Class if you are a member of the Undead Legion by killing Dark Sepulchure. Merge 13 "Sepulchure's Legion Badge" items with 2000 Legion Tokens to create the Class.
Note: The original Sepulchure's DoomKnight Armor is not required to get the Legion DoomKnight Class.
Legion DoomKnight Class Rebalance
As Yorumi works fixing the final bugs before launching the new server/client, our class and rewrite testers have been focusing on its class balance and class bugs. Over the next year, the team wants to do a lot with the older, weaker classes, to revitalize them and make them fun and useful once more. BUT...
Since we've received reports about classes being weaker on the new server AND Dage's birthday is coming soon, we are sending the LDmK to the front of the list for adjustments to make sure it stays as useful and competitive as it is been on the current server. The Legion DoomKnight is a wicked class, and you guys love it. We want to keep it that way!
Are you a member of the Undead Legion?
Death, darkness, and destruction - all are hallmarks of a Legendary member of the Undead Legion! If YOU think you are worthy of the title "Undead Legend" then head to Shadowfall and seek out Dage! Members of the Undead Legion get pretty sweet benefits... FOR ETERNITY (/spooky voice) - including exclusive quests, Legion Token variants for many of Dage's popular new items, and more.
If you aren't a member of the Legion NOW but you bow down to the Darkness (or just like awesome-looking gear), this is the time to join!
Undead Legion Requirements
- Undying passion for the Undead
- Absolute affection towards the dark and deadly
- Total commitment to AQWorlds
- Passion for ridiculously ridiculous quests
- And more SKULLS!
If you meet the above requirements, then you are the perfect candidate for Dage the Evil’s Undead Legion!
How to Join the Undead Legion
- Log into AQWorlds
- Travel to the Underworld (/join Underworld)
- Find Dage the Evil and introduce yourself
- Click on “Shops”, then click “Armor Shop” and buy the Undead Warrior armor for 1200 ACs
- Speak to Dage again, and
- click “Quests”
- and then “Legion Quests”
- and complete the Undead Champion Initiation
- If successful, you will be able to complete the remaining quests (Mourn the Soldiers, Understanding Undead Champions, Slay the Unworthy, and Fail to the King)
- After you complete “Fail to the King” quest, you can buy the Undead Champion armor
- In Dage’s speech bubble, click “Shops”
- Then click “Legion Shop”
- Buy the Undead Champion armor for 50,000 gold
- As an Undead Champion, you can now go on Champion Quests
- Speak with Dage, slick “Quests”
- Click “Champion Quests”
- Complete INSANE quests to prove your worth
- Start earning Legion Tokens with every successful quest complete
10. Use Legion Tokens to buy things from the Merge Shop
- Speak with Dage
- Click Shops
- Click Merge Shop
- Get epic loot!
Assuming you’ve made it this far, you can complete lots of other quests from Dage, gain access to Dage’s Soul Forge where MORE items can be crafted, and also be fully prepared for the brand new gear arriving next month!
February 19, 2017
Magic Treasure Chest Key AC Refund
Hello! Hidden in various parts of AQWorlds are small, hidden side adventures or battles. We like to build these surprises for you to find because that makes the world feel more full and fun. On Friday, we released 2 surprise bonus quests - one from Twilly in Battleon, and the other... well, you'll just need to find it!
The problem was - anyone trying to complete Twilly's Dark Box quest between 6 PM Friday night and Saturday at 1:30 AM had to turn in 2 items from the "Open Treasure Chest" quest to get a reward... but weren't guaranteed to get anythnig, much less the low drop rate reward they were after.
Later that night, we adjusted the quest rewards so that all rewards had the same chance to drop. BUT that didn't solve the problem of players who had spent a ton of ACs. So if you were one of the 148 people who turned in more than 5 Treasure Chest Keys before the quest fix went in, your AdventureCoins will be refunded.
Twilly apologizes, and so do I. From here on out, you will need to have 1 Dark Box and 1 Dark Key to begin the quest, but you will only need to turn in 1 Dark Gem to complete it.
For the 288 of you who turned in Dark Keys/Boxes after the Saturday quest fix but before today's change, you'll get an AC refund, too!
(For all those of you who enjoyed part one of the Dark Key and Dark Scroll hidden quest chains, though, the next installation arrives Friday!)
February 17, 2017
Set Available for a Limited Time Starting Friday
Lord Balax'el is a scion of the Darkness, leader of the Infernal Army invading Lore to help the Queen of Monsters fulfill her goals. For those who aspire to be like him, you're in luck! The Infernal Dark Lord armor set is now available!
The set consists of:
- Infernal Dark Lord armor
- Dark Lord's Visage helm
- Wings of Wrath cape
Infernal Dark Lord Set Availability
These items will be available in the Featured February Gear shop until March 3rd for AdventureCoins... but it WILL come back in the future (just like reoccuring event gear does)! The set will be avilable for two weeks whenever we have a release featuring Lord Balax'el or which focuses on Dreadfire Keep. (So if you can't get it this month, keep an eye on the Design Notes for when it will return!)
February 17, 2017
The Queen of Monsters' Saga Continues in Dreadfire!
This month, journey to Dreadfire Keep, where the Queen of Monsters’ infernal allies have made camp - a base from which to continue their invasion of Lore!
Starting Friday, February 17th, /join dreadfire to find:
- Haasheth: Dreadfire Reputation NPC
- Cimzon: Infernal Gear Shop Vendor
- Tasom: Dreadfire Pet Shop Vendor
- Skamedar: Hair Shop Vendor
- Malurach: Militia Leader
Some of you may remember the mysterious shop vendor in Dreadrock city (a home for dark and villainous heroes of all kinds) selling what appears to be Infernal Army gear. Good eye! If you talk to him again, he'll explain that he found that gear left by some pretty shady characters as they scouted the city... but left their gear behind.
Now, you'll get to meet the creators of that gear as you battle through the Infernal Army's home. And the gold you spend on it will go to fund their dark and deadly campaigns.
Fiendishly Stylish New Pets and Hairstyles
Talk to Skamedar in DreadFire Keep to choose from one of six new hairstyles!
And, if you dare, convince Tasom that YOU are the perfect guardian for one of... its (we can't really tell WHAT gender Tasom is)... new pets.
Fans of OverSoul may recognize the monsters above - these three snuck into OUR world from the lands of the OverSoul the last time we opened a portal there. Captured by the Infernal Army, these luckless creatures have been trapped in the Dreadfire dungeons to await tasty HeroSnacks!
Do YOU want to join the Infernal Army?
Make no mistake about it, the Infernal invaders are the BAD guys -- these are your enemies. But sometimes, you've got to make nice with your opponents in order to gain their trust and learn their secrets. If you're up for going undercover and... bending the truth of your allegiance... you'll have the option of ranking up an additional Dreadfire reputation: Dreadfire Militia. Starting this Friday, talk to Malurach in Dreadfire Keep!
February 10, 2017
Seasonal Event Items Arrive this Friday!
Love might be its own reward, but we don't think that's not enough for OUR heroes! Find all-new event rare gear in the February Featured Gear Shop in your game menu, plus over 20 new reward items dropping from this year's new quests and monsters!
In the February Featured Gear shop you'll find:
- Red-Hot Swank armor set
- Toxic Swank armor set
- Be Mine Candy Heart Pet
- Ultra Swank Helm
Wheel of Love Quest* Rewards
- Bloody Dungeon Guard armor set
- King and Queen of Hearts armor set
- Wheel of Love house item (comes with Wheel of Love quest)
- Lovabear Mace
- Beloved Vampragon pet
* Complete the release to unlock!
- Grim Dungeon Guard armor set
- Puppy Love pet
- Kiss Me and Love You Candy Hearts
The seasonal event gear will be available until March 3rd (unless you have the Wheel of Love house item, then you can access that quest all year long). The February Featured Gear shop will also leave on March 3rd.
February 10, 2017
The Game of Love can be Killer...
This weekend, join us as our seasonal Hero's Heart Day event returns! Plus, find an all-new adventure: Swaggy's been hired to put a new spin on the oldest game in the world! Along with Beleen, he'll put on a show like Lore's NEVER seen - and in the end, one very lucky and special contestant may find the best prize of all -- LOVE!
Take note, Heroes: The Wheel of Doom is not returning. But there will be a Wheel... even if YOU aren't the one spinning it... and there will be dungeons and death. Possibly several. O_O
Hero's Heart Day Server Boost: 15% More Gold and XP
To help all our AQW Heroes celebrate Hero's Heart Day, when you log in this weekend, you'll get 15% more Gold and XP!