November 30, 2010
Ready for your just desserts?
The time has come to Battle Om Nom Nom!
It’s the moment you have all been waiting for—and the same goes for us here at the Secret Underground Lab! If you were around last Frostval, then you probably remember the sweetest contest we have ever done. Ever.
Seriously, what contest could possibly be better than one overstuffed with cookies, cakes, pie, brownies, and various holiday confectionary deliciousness?
Arm thy spatulas and equip thy cooking apron in preparation for the
Tehehe, my tummy is already growling in anticipation!
Last year’s winners did SUCH a great job creating totally scrumptious works of art and we cannot wait to see what you come up with this year. Check out last year’s Creative Cookie Contest winners for some delightful inspiration.
Have Your Cake and Eat it Too: The Prizes
Along with an endless amount of internet fame, the Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive 5,000 AdventureCoins AND a one-of-a-kind weapon created by Dage the Evil!
Additional AC prizes will be awarded for other super sweet desserts!
Fun fact: last year, the 6 grand prize winners received the ultra-rare Confectioner’s Slayer sword. When taken into consideration that there are over 20 Million registered users in AdventureQuest Worlds, being one of the verrrrrrry few to have such a one-of-a-kind weapon is truly remarkable.
Will you be a Grand Prize winner this year? One way to find out!
How the Cookie Crumbles: The Rules
This contest will range from NOW until 11:59pm EST on Sunday, December 19th. The winner(s) will be announced on the Design Notes Thursday, December 23rd!
The rules and guidelines are short ‘n sweet but MUST be followed accordingly for your edible entry to be eligible. I repeat, in boldface and in red font, ‘cuz a lot of people miss this: YOU must follow EACH rule if you want your entry to be considered eligible.
The easiest way to make sure your hard work gets judged: Read all of the rules before submitting your entry!
• Your dessert MUST be created by YOU. Do not copy someone else’s hard work. That my friend is called cheating, and you will be disqualified for it.
• Include an index card/piece of paper/ icing signature that says your AQW Character Name alongside your tasty treat. This way we really know it’s made by you! And NO, photoshopping your name onto your picture DOES NOT COUNT, and you will be disqualified if you do.
• Your dessert MUST be created in some sort of Artix Entertainment theme. Create anything you want from AQW, EpicDuel, BladeHaven, DragonFable, MechQuest, AdventureQuest, and WarpForce! If we cannot tell what it is from our games, you will not be qualified.
• Your canvas must be a cookie, cake, pie, or any other form of holiday dessert. Mmmm, get creative!
• The photo of your dessert should be of the Highest Quality. The more clear the picture, the better and tastier it will look, upping your chance at the Grand Prize!
• Remember to post a VALID link to your dessert photo! Uploading your photo to your Facebook does not allow us to see the photos via the Forums. Also, if you upload your photo to your LOCKED photobucket account, we cannot see it either. So make sure your link is valid and isn’t locked to the public!
Preheating The Oven: Enter the Contest!
Now that you are ready for the 2010 Creative Cookie Contest, it’s probably a good idea to know WHERE to post your delectable desserts!
The BattleOn Games Team is really looking forward to seeing all of your wonderful ideas and delicious cookie creations! There is only one way to win—and it starts by entering this contest!
Best of luck to you all =D Eeeeeeeep I cannot wait! (but I have to.)