Player Suggestion |
Sweet as a cookie =D
Battle Om Nom Nom!
Arm thy spatula! Equip your cooking apron! And start your ovens! It’s time for the 2013 Artix Entertainment Creative Cookie (and various holiday dessert) Contest!
Victory is sweet. Cookies are sweeter. Winning the Cookie Contest is the sweetest!
Over the past few years, this highly-anticipated highly-caloric contest has delivered a scrumptious surge of cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, cupcakes, rice krispies, and various holiday confectionary treats all created in an Artix Entertainment theme.
From Moglin muffins to Book of Lore brownies to NPC character cupcakes to ginger bread Guardian Towers to Cysero cakes and—OMG there are just waaaay too many to list! So feast your eyes on previous years’ winners and get a sugar-rush inspiration =D
2009 Cookie Contest Winners
2010 Cookie Contest Winners
2011 Cookie Contest Winners
So who wants to have their cake and eat it too… AND have a chance at winning epic prizes? Well OF COURSE you do!
Your Just Desserts (The Prizes)
Along with an endless amount of internet fame (and consumed calories), the Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive an exclusive Sword, Helm, and Cape!
Runner Ups will receive a Helm and Cape, and all other honorable mentions will receive a Helm. These item rewards are ONLY available to those who win—so everyone in the (AQ)world will KNOW that YOU won the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest =D
How the Cookie Crumbles (The Rules)
This contest will range from NOW until 11:59pm Server Time (also EST) on Tuesday, December 31st. The winners will be announced next year.
HAHA! Yes, technically it will be January 2014 by the time we view all the entries and tally up the winners =) We'll keep you updated, no worries there my friends.
The rules and guidelines are short ‘n sweet but MUST be followed exactly for your edible entry to be eligible. I repeat, in boldface and in red font, ‘cuz a lot of people miss this: YOU must follow EACH rule if you want your entry to be considered eligible.
The easiest way to make sure your hard work gets judged: Read all of the rules before submitting your entry! Simple, yeah? Let’s get started!
• Your dessert MUST be created by YOU. Do not copy someone else’s hard work. That, my friend, is called cheating, and you will be disqualified for it.
• Include an index card/piece of paper/ icing signature that says your AQW Character Name AND 2013 alongside your tasty treat. This way we really know it’s made by you! And NO, photoshopping your name onto your picture DOES NOT COUNT, and you will be disqualified if you do.
• Your dessert MUST be created in some sort of Artix Entertainment theme. Create anything you want from AQW, EpicDuel, OverSoul, BladeHaven, DragonFable, BattleGems, MechQuest, AdventureQuest, Pony vs Pony, HeroSmash, or WarpForce! If we cannot tell what it is from our games, you will not be qualified.
• Your canvas must be an edible holiday dessert, like a cookie, cake, pie, brownie, ice cream, cupcake, or pastry. Mmmm, get creative!
• The photo of your dessert should be of the Highest Quality. The more clear the picture, the better and tastier it will look, upping your chance at winning the Grand Prize!
• Post your VALID link to your dessert photo on the AQWContest Twitter at www.twitter.com/AQWContest
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too (Enter the Contest!)
Now that you have read all the rules (as all smart cookies do), you’re ready to enter the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest!
Submit your yummy creations on the official @AQWContest Twitter page for the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest by clicking here!
Your friendly Artix Entertainment family is really looking forward to seeing all of your tasty treats and delectable desserts! There is only one way to win—and it starts by entering this contest!
Best of luck to you all =D And remember to take a photo of your cookie creation BEFORE you Battle Om Nom Nom!!
Tags: contest Creative cookie Holiday AQWContest Twitter Battle om nom nom Beleen
Check out THESE sweet specs!
Happy Monday! Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving? Are you as stuffed as I am? Well I hope you saved room in your inventory bag… because the Cyber Monday shop is NOW OPEN in Battleon!
Speak with Shadowspan Warrior in Battleon to access the Cyber Monday shop, or easily access this shop directly from the Game Menu!
Get your fill of 30 exclusive Cyber Monday items, including:
- Blinding LEDestiny Axe
- Cyber Paladin Armor
- Overclocked CyberVoid
- ProtoParagon X1
- Doom of the Matrix Axe
The Cyber Monday Shop is available until next Monday, December 9.
Head to Battleon now and gear up in technically awesome tech gear!
Tags: Beleen Cyber Monday specials
Your Legendary Passport to Adventure!
Our players are all over the world. The Ultimate Game Card is available all over the world. So you should use the Ultimate Game Card to unlock exclusive Legend features inside AdventureQuest Worlds! Ultimate Game Card is your ultimate way to become an Upgraded Legend in your favorite online adventure game. And you can get this card practically anywhere!
Click here to find a UGC vendor near you!
Now's the time to grab a handful... with the holidays coming up, they make GREAT gifts for you OR your friends! Give the gift of gaming and BATTLE ON with all your best buds!
Artix Game Cards!
We DO still have our AE game cards at CVS, and if you're lucky, you'll be able to snag one of the last cards at Target and Toys R Us before they fly off the shelves for good!
Tags: Beleen Ultimate Game Card
Praying for the Philippines
Our prayers go out to those affected by Typhoon Haiyan
I am often the happy-go-lucky girl who shares wonderful information with you. But I’ve traded my smiles and bright eyes with that of frowns and tears. On November 8, the strongest recorded storm Typhoon Haiyan slammed into the Philippines, destroying nearly everything in its path.
Picture retrieved from National Post
Many of our fellow players--1.3 Million players, in fact--hail from the Philippines, and only our prayers can reach them during this horrible time. Over 10,000 people have already lost their lives due to the Typhoon, and millions of others are suffering through the destruction.
Photo retrieved from ABC News
We have the chance to be real-life heroes, guys and gals. Please, share your thoughts on the AQWorlds Facebook page as to what you, me, and everyone else who plays AdventureQuest Worlds can do to help those devastated by Typhoon Haiyan.
WE can make a difference. Help us help those in desperate need!
Submit your ideas on the AQWorlds Facebook Page.
Tags: Philippine Typhoon Haiyan Help Beleen
I'm a total Air Head!
The Skyguard Army Needs YOU!
Are you looking to meet friends in high places? Do you wish to be a whirled wide traveler? Do you crave power, glory, honor… and GOLD?! Things will start looking up once you join King Alteon’s Skyguard Army!
All hands on deck! Captain Stratos is looking for brave and fearless Legends to join the elite Skyguard Army. If you’re a Legend—and aren’t afraid of heights or Draconian Sky Pirates—then /join airship and begin your Skyguard training.
The Skyguards patrol the skies looking for signs of danger. After seeing the threat Sepulchure's flying fortress made, Alteon saw fit to create a group of kings that could combat him anywhere.
That's where the Skyguards come in—able to go anywhere and attack from anywhere. No evil, no chaos, and no Sky Pirate is safe from the Skyguards!
Prove your worth to Stratos by defeating Draconian Sky Pirates along with their master, Gladius, on the airship. Then, fly on over to the floating Skyguard Port and meet your fellow troopers:
- Alexia, Skyguard Pet Vendor
- Barnestable, Hair Shop Artiste
- Dreamweaver, Mistress of Dreams
- Fairfax, Weapon-seller
- Invidia, Recruit Assistant to Captain Straots
- Wells, Bank Vendor
Help them achieve their quests, be awarded handsomely, and you will be ready for the renowned Skyguard Academy.
What wonders will you learn at the Skyguard Academy? They say that knowledge is power… so buff your INT stats and get ready for your next Skyguard adventures!
…there’s even MORE Skyguard adventures? OH YES. This is only the beginning, intrepid Skyguard sergeant! We look forward to your service in:
- Strategy Depot
- High Command
- Pirate Base
- Dream Maze
- and Anders’ Loss
Will you heed the call of the Skyguards? Lore needs YOU… the Skyguard needs YOU… and should you prove your allegiance to the Skyguard, YOU will become the Skyguard Grenadier Class!
Join the Skyguard army today by /join airship! And if you’re not a Legend already… click here to Upgrade AND then join the Skyguards!
Battle on and up in the skies, hero!
Tags: SkyGuard Captain Stratos Legend Beleen
What the Luck? Event ends tonight!!!
Luck of the Draw Event ends today, erm, well, technically tonight, Monday, November 11, at 11:59pm Server Time (which is also Eastern Standard Time buuut ‘Server Time’ is much less confusing, lol!)
*GASP!* There’s NO time for formalities and spiffy adjectives! Because at 11:59:59pm Server Time tonight, the Luck of the Draw Event will end, and a lucky 1,001 winners will be chosen to receive exclusive items!
The luckiest hero (or villain… or moglin… or potato??) will receive the Fallen Warlord Armor Set, custom designed by Dage the Evil.
1,000 other winners will get:
- 2nd prize: 25 winners - Exclusive armor
- 3rd prize: 50 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 4th prize: 75 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 5th prize: 100 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 6th prize: 250 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 7th prize: 500 winners - Exclusive weapon
Luck of the Draw Event?
WHAT. Where HAVE you been? You DON’T know about the Luck of the Draw Event? Well better late than never, so here’s the gist:
- Spin the Wheel of Doom and the Wheel of Destiny
- Automatically get prizes every time
- Automatically entered into the Luck of the Draw Event with each spin
- Spin it to win it… and if you’re lucky, you’ll win even more!
The clock is ticking! You only have a few hours left! And I’m running out of exclamation marks!!!
Go go GO!
In game, type this into the chat bar:
to be taken to your wondrous wheel of fortunes!
Stop reading this and get in the game, player!
Tags: Beleen Luck of the Draw Event Spin
Ultimate Gaming Girl
Use it to Upgrade or get AdventureCoins
Our players are all over the world. The Ultimate Game Card is available in a huge selection of stores all over the world. Now you can use the Ultimate Game Card to upgrade and unlock all of the exclusive Legend features in AdventureQuest Worlds! A perfect present for the upcoming holidays... add it to your wish list.
Ultimate Game Card is your ultimate way to become an Upgraded Legend in your favorite online adventure game. And you can get this card practically anywhere!
Find an Ultimate Game Card vendor near you!
Tags: Ultimate Game Card Beleen
Special Thursday Release!
Happy Thursday, hero! Did you know the word “Thursday” actually comes from “Thor’s Day”? It’s true—thanks Wikipedia! And today we’ve got a treat for you: a special release celebrating the Norse deities Thor, Loki, Laevateinn, and Heimdallr!
Head to Yulgar’s Inn and speak with the Ulfgar Geirsson, Norse Viking and seeker of Valhalla. Valhalla is a majestic place reserved for brave, honorable warriors who fell in battle… and, most importantly, a treasure trove of items!
Ulfgar needs your help finding the Key of Valhalla. Search the ENTIRE world of Lore for the ancient Norse Runestones of Sønder Kirkeby, Södermanland, Altuna, Gosforth, and Velanda. With Ulfgar’s help deciphering the runes, you may find the Key to Valhalla… which will open the Thor’s Day Shop!
Best of luck to you, intrepid Seeker of Valhalla!
Tags: Thor Beleen
Grand Prize: Fallen Warlord Set by Dage the Evil!
Feelin’ lucky? I hope so—because every time you spin the Wheel of Doom and the Wheel of Destiny until 12 AM November 11, 2013 (11/11 midnight server time), you will be entered into the Luck of the Draw prize pool! /Join Doom to talk to Swaggy and spin the Wheel of Doom. Likewise, /join Destiny and talk to Shiny to spin the Wheel of Destiny! Pull the lever, see your reward, and get a chance to win!
Every spin is tracked, and once the event ends on November 11, we will put together a list of the winners and put prizes directly into their inventories!
Oh yes, there will be prizes. Epic prizes aplenty! The grand prize winner—the luckiest hero or villain in ALL of AQWorlds—will receive the Fallen Warlord Armor Set, custom made by Dage the Evil!
1,000 other prizes will be awarded as follows:
- 2nd prize: 25 winners - Exclusive armor
- 3rd prize: 50 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 4th prize: 75 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 5th prize: 100 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 6th prize: 250 winners - Exclusive weapon
- 7th prize: 500 winners - Exclusive weapon
And EVERY time you spin the Wheel of Doom or Destiny, you automatically get prizes: 10,000 gold, a 1 hour XP Boost, and a Fortune Potion, PLUS a chance for a very special extra prizes. So like, everyone wins every time, AND you’re entered into the Luck of the Draw event. Win… win.. and WINNING!
This Event Ends Next Week!
GASP! What are you still doing here reading this?! You only have until midnight on November 11 to be eligible to win these awesome prizes. In game, type this into the chat bar to automatically be taken to your wondrous wheel of fortunes!
Best of luck to you hero, and may your luck shine as bright as your smile =D
Tags: Beleen Luck Wheel of Doom Wheel of Destiny Event Dage
Great Gourds and Smashing Pumpkins!
They came, they carved, and they SQUASHED the competition!
Winners of the 2013 Pumpkin Carving Contest have just been announced! And what better way to mash-up these masterpieces than with a video! Click the pic below to watch the whole thing!
OMG, everyone did such an AMAZING job! Here’s a super big THANK YOU to everyone who entered the Pumpkin Carving Contest! Prizes will be awarded tomorrow, since, you know, I’m only ONE girl and there’s like, 70+ winners.
Great job again, and I cannot wait to see what our next contest will be… any ideas? Love to hear ‘em on my Twitter!
Tags: pumpkin Carving contest Winners Beleen
Arklen's Hot. REALLY HOT. Like, on FIRE!
Animation Wizard turned Featured Artist
Just when you thought your favorite day was Friday Release Day… here comes Tuesday taking the spotlight with the Featured Artist Showcase Shop!
Special Tuesdays throughout the year are dedicated to an AdventureQuest Worlds artist who gets to express his or her creativity by creating unique items for YOU! We have been blessed with the artistic talents of… *a really big deep breath*… Zoshi, Diozz, Tyronius, Aegis, Jemini, Ven, J6, Dage, Mido, Hizu, Nuglath, and myself, *another big breath* aaaand now it’s time for Arklen to ignite the stage.
Give me the Goodies
As much as you’d love to learn more about Arklen as a person, you’re probably a bit more excited about the items in his shop. And for good reason, too—Arklen conjured up some of the HOTTEST items we have ever seen!
Plasma Pyro Armor and Helm
Plasma Pyro Cape, Plasma Pyro Blade, and Battle Pet Pyro
B’Naner Blade… because you’ve always wanted a delicious concealed weapon… some might even call it a conpeeled weapon...
Starting at 5pm Sever Time, open your Game Menu and claim your favorite Arklen items from the Featured Artist Shop! You can also speak with Arklen in Battlecon to access his hot stuff.
Due to insane inferno animations, the items in Arklen’s Shop will be Legend-Only, OR you can use AdventureCoins instead! If you haven’t already become an Upgraded Legend, then this is the PERFECT time to Upgrade your Membership because the LAST day for 5th Upholders is Thursday, October 31.
Click here to become a Legend now!
Additionally, we are running a special on AdventureCoins: 10% More AdventureCoins when you buy with a Credit Card.
Click here to order your AdventureCoins bundle and receive 10% more ACs!
So if you wanna be the hottest thing in AQWorlds—literally—then help support your favorite online adventure game and show off your smokin’ hotness =D
Hark Arklen’s Story
Arklen’s adventures began 10 years ago when he started playing the original AdventureQuest—it was the only Flash RPG back then! After scoring some animation software, Arklen created a magical floating turtle that shot a blue water blob at its enemies. When Captain Rhubarb and Galanoth caught sight of this reptilian rascal, they invited the intrepid animator to join the Artix Entertainment family.
For as long as he can remember, Arklen always liked drawing. Japanese TV shows made drawing seem a little more accessible, and his immensely more talented friend kept him motivated. Arklen calls himself an Animator first and an Artist second. He’s been focusing on effects animation (hence the Plasma Pyro armor set), but character animation is close behind. To this day, Arklen continues to animate and is leveling up his artist abilities with the help of the AE community!
Not only has Arklen traveled across AdventureQuest Worlds, but also all across the real-world; he’s found artistic inspiration in Poland, London, Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco. Arklen also loves raviolis, sweet chili, and spaghetti squash. Douse that with red sauce, and he’s in love. Wash it all down with an almond milkshake and Arklen is in heaven!
Wowie! Arklen sure is a fascinating fellow. And come later this afternoon, you too will be fascinated by Arklen’s fiery items as you Battle On to victory!
Tags: Beleen Arklen Featured Artist Showcase Shop Pyro
It’s a Mogloween Monster Mash-Up!
Tricks and treats are headed your way! On October 31, boys and ghouls around the world are dressing up in spooktacular costumes … including a challenge boss monster inside AQWorlds!
Who’s that Challenge Boss?
Oh. My. GoodBadness. Wha…what IS that thing?! And YOU seriously think YOU can defeat that MONSTROSITY?! …AND survive?
…better buff those stats and Level Up your Class, because this Mogloween Challenge Boss Fight will be the spookiest one yet!
Tags: Mogloween Challenge Boss Beleen
10% More AdventureCoins = 100 Times Better!
Gold is good… AdventureCoins are better… and 10% more FREE AdventureCoins is the best!
When you buy any AdventureCoins bundle with your Credit Card either in-game or on our website,* you’ll receive 10% more ACs—because we love you that much!
- 900 AdventureCoins = 990 ACs
- 2,000 AdventureCoins = 2,200 ACs
- 5,000 AdventureCoins = 5,500 ACs
- 12,000 AdventureCoins = 13,200 ACs
Hurry! This sweet offer ends November 2, 2013, so get your AdventureCoins now!
* If you buy Artix Points on the Portal, you will get 10% more Artix Points, but will not get 10% more ACs if you buy them with Artix Points.
Tags: AdventureCoins Special Promo Beleen
and Hold Up your Star Swords, 5th Upholders!
What a wonderful 5th Birthday this has been! The AQWorlds team got to meet all of you at BattleCon, we reached 1 Million Likes on our Facebook Page, we triumphed over BrutalCorn, and thanks to our Legendary 5th Upholders, we can continue to celebrate all month long… and beyond!
If you still haven’t become a 5th Upholder… now is your last chance! As the clock strikes Midnight on October 31, 2013, you will no longer be able to become a 5th Upholder, forever losing your chance at owning 5 Rare Star Swords. Don’t delay… become a 5th Upholder Legend today!
When you become a 5th Upholder, you get FIVE Rare Star Swords (marked 0 AdventureCoins so you can store it for free and forever…because we love you that much), a Character Page Achievement Badge, and some serious bragging rights.
How Do I Become a 5th Upholder?
Super simple: Upgrade your account to become a Legend!
- If you are ALREADY a Legend and your membership expires ON or AFTER November 1st, 2013, then you're are ALREADY a 5th Upholder. Grats and thanks!
- If you help support AQW by buying ANY membership ANY TIME during the month of October (from October 1st to October 31st, as long as it expires on or after November 1st) then you become a 5th Upholder!
Does My Membership Already Make Me A 5th Upholder? How Can I Check?
Easy! Just click the Manage Account link on the left under the ACCOUNT section.
As soon as you sign in you'll see when your membership expires. Here's mine:
How Do I Get My Super Sweet 5th Upholder Swords and Badge?
You will find your 5th Upholder Badge in your Book of Lore in the Badges tab. Click on this badge and you will see that it comes with a shop. You will be able to grab your swords from that shop and start showing them off as well as your Character Page Badge.
Only Upgraded Memberships Count!
You can use Artix Points on the Portal site or any method in AQW to upgrade, but it MUST be an AQW Membership. AdventureCoins DO NOT COUNT TOWARD 5th Upholder.
Anything Else I Should Know?
Absolutely! We couldn't keep AQWorlds running without every single upgrade and AC that you buy. Nearly every penny you spend goes back into the game. Though some people prefer buying AdventureCoins and others prefer upgrading, anyone who spends real money on this game deserves to get as much as we can give them, because without their support... there wouldn't BE an AQWorlds for everyone to play!
You may not know this but AQW (like all AE games) is ENTIRELY supported by the players. We have no financial backers and nobody owns stock in the company. Clicking on ads and doing AExtras offers does bring in some money, but not nearly enough to keep AQWorlds free for everyone to enjoy.
Without everyone who has supported AQWorlds over the years, we wouldn't be able to make these amazing games, or allow anyone on the internet to create an account and begin battling through AQW! I can't imagine having a better job, or better bosses (that's YOU)!
Thank you for battling alongside us, and for sharing your ideas and love of AQWorlds with us. You truly are the best gaming community on the internet! Thank you for the first 5 years of AQWorlds, and here's to another 5 years, 10 years, and beyond!
Tags: 5th Upholder How to Beleen
The Report Reporter
How and When to Report Bad Players and Big Meanies
Why hello! You know that the AQWorlds team does everything we can to keep your favorite online adventure game safe and fun for everyone—but just like Chaos Lords, there are bad people out there who want to ruin the experience.
Fear not, my dear heroes and dastardly villains! We have an in-game Reporting System that’s easier to use than the Default Sword. With your help, we can keep AQWorlds safe, fun, and jerk-free for years to come =D
When to Report a Player
You should totally Report a player:
- If someone asks for your Game Password
- If someone asks for your Personal Information
- If someone is Harassing you
- If someone is Spamming the Chat
- If someone is using Bad or Inappropriate Language
- If someone is telling you to use bots
How to Report a Player
Reporting is easy! In the game chat field:
- Type /ignore player name to ignore the player
- Type /report player name to report the player
You can also Report a player by:
- Clicking the player in-game
- Click on the player’s Character Portrait (the circle with their face on the top of the screen) which will produce a drop-down menu
- Select Report to report the player, or
- Select Ignore to ignore the player
What NOT to do when Reporting a Player
- Do not use the report system to report players you think are botting (we are working on a system that will do it for you!)
- Do not report players who are being annoying, but not harassing you (then you just need to use the /ignore option)
- Do not submit multiple reports about the same person on different servers (that just makes our mods' job harder)
- Do not swear or flame people when you are explaining why you're reporting someone
- Do not send us Facebook messages
- Do not send us Twitter tweets
- Do not directly email a staff member
- Do not mail us a letter via the postal service… instead, send cookies and love!!
And there you have it! You now know everything about the AdventureQuest Worlds Reporting a Player System. Feel free to buff your INTELLECT Stats further by reading the Player Safety & Account Security here.
Knowledge is power! /flex
Tags: Beleen Report player How to
Derp, Derp, Derpa de durp, hurp. Derp.
Ohai there! All my friends on Twitter have been BEGGING me to take BrutalCorn to the Derp Side.
Well, well, well, what do we have huuurrr?
AHMAHGOSH! DerpaCorns! Super derrrpaadorable!
And even more Derp pets are arriving tomorrow night. Yesterday I did a live draw of a Derp Penguin, which can be seen here:
Okay I gatta go back to the derp drawing board =D
Derpa Hurpa on!
Tags: Beleen Derp DerpaCorn BrutalCorn
Calling all Pumpkin Carving Masters!
October is national Mogloween month, overflowing with candy, costumed players, pumpkins… and pumpkin carving contests!
Are you ready to squash the competition with your Artix Entertainment-themed pumpkin carving AND have the chance to win FREE AdventureCoins? You bet your sweet gourd you are! Read the full contest details below, and may the best—or craziest!—pumpkin carving win =D
- 5,000 AdventureCoins for Grand Prize Winner(s)
- 2,000 AdventureCoins for Runner Ups
- Additional AdventureCoins prizes for other great pumpkins who go above and beyond
Read AND follow ALL of these rules BEFORE submitting your entry, or you may be disqualified.
- You CAN carve a pumpkin, squash, gourd, watermelon, potato… any vegetable or fruit you can think of! Get creative!
- Your pumpkin MUST be carved by you
- Your pumpkin MUST be carved in an Artix Entertainment theme, so anything from AdventureQuest Worlds, or EpicDuel, or DragonFable… anything goes so long as it’s recognizably Artix Entertainment!
- Your pumpkin MUST be your own ORIGINAL WORK
- Your photo MUST include your AQW Character Name AND Date on a piece of paper beside your pumpkin, or carved into your masterpiece for those skillful pumpkin’ers!
- Photoshoped names and dates WILL NOT be accepted
- Take the highest quality photo(s) you can of your pumpkin entry so we can see all your detailed work AND read your Character Name and Date
- After you’ve doubled checked all these rules above, post your 2013 Pumpkin Carving Contest Entry to the AQW Contest Twitter page!
- Begins Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
- Ends Thursday, October 31st, 2013, at 11:59pm EST (server time)
- Entries will ONLY be accepted on AQW Contest Twitter
- Winners will be announced following week (assuming the AQW team doesn’t fall into a candy coma after Mogloween night)
- Check out previous years’ winners for inspiration: 2009, 2010, 2011
How exciting! The entire Artix Entertainment Team cannot wait to see what carving creativity hides behind your hero. Show the entire world(wide web) that YOU ARE the Pumpkin Carving Master and claim the Grand Prize of 5,000 AdventureCoins!!!!
Be creative, be safe, and most importantly…
Tags: Beleen pumpkin Carving contest 2013 Twitter
Get ready to SQUASH the competition!
Oh. My. Gourd! It’s nearly October! And with everyone’s favorite fall festival Mogloween on the horizon, pumpkins a plenty will be filling the homes of ghouls and boys. Which means this is the perfect time for the highly-anticipated AdventureQuest Worlds Pumpkin Carving Contest!
What: 2013 AQW Pumpkin Carving Contest
When: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, until Thursday, October 31st, 2013, at 11:59pm EST
Where: AQW Contest Twitter Page
Why: To carve (…or DESTROY!) pumpkins for a chance at winning FREE AdventureCoins prizes!
How: Full contest rules coming Monday, September 30th!
…but I know you guys and gals want some info. Like right NOW. So here’s a brief summary of how the contest rules will work:
- pick a pumpkin (or gourd, squash, potato… something like that)
- carve it in an Artix Entertainment theme
- include your AQW Character Name AND date next to your pumpkin
- take a high-quality photo of your masterpiece
- post the link to the AQW Contest Twitter Page
- have a chance at winning AdventureCoins!
Want some pumpkin carving inspiration? Check out our Pumpkin Carving Winners from previous years!
- 2012 NOPE! No contest last year. Why? Cysero decided to have a baby, Alina and Rolith got married, and yours truly was graduating from college. What a bunch of irresponsible game leads =p
Starting Tuesday, October 1st, the 2013 AQWorlds Pumpkin Carving Contest will commence! So get some ideas brewing in that gourd of yours and prove to the world(wide web) that you are the Pumpkin Carving PumpKING!
Or Queen. PumpQueen? Meh doesn’t sound as good. I’ll work on more pumpkin puns, promise. Punkins. Nice comeback.
And on that note…
Tags: Beleen pumpkin Carving contest Twitter
Tales of the Monster Hunter
Happy Tuesday hero! Later on today, the Featured Artist Shop in the Game Menu will showcase monster-hunting items from Zoshi the Monster Hunter.
But just who is Zoshi? I know Zoshi is a super talented artist, and I know I’m a super talented coffee consumer, so last night I met up with him at the local AdventureBucks Coffee and listened to his story.
Beleen: *slurp* Mmmm… this Venti Mocha Trobblechino is so yummy! *sluuurrrrrp*
Zoshi: Haha, slow down Beleen, or you’ll get a brain freeze.
Beleen: Tehehehe, *slurrp* I need a brain to get a brain freeze =p
Zoshi: Hahaha! You’re too funny.
Beleen: …I’m being serious… laugh out loud! So tell me *sluuurrrp* a little bit about yourself, Zoshi.
Zoshi: Back when I was a low-level warrior, my neighbor—a fellow Dragon Hunter—introduced me to DragonFable. After slaying countless beasts, I acquired a taste for giant monster battles. But then I wanted to test my blade against the universe, so I shot for the stars in MechQuest. And when AdventureQuest Worlds came out, I was completely obsessed.
Beleen: Just like how I am completely obsessed with giant coffee milkshakes!
Zoshi: Exactly! I couldn’t pull myself away from AQWorlds, and became enveloped within the awesome Artix community. A few months ago, I started helping Maegwyn on MechQuest, and now my artistic endeavors are directed towards AQWorlds. I’m just so thankful Maegwyn gave me the chance to shine!
Beleen: *slurrrrp* I like shiny things, too! So what’s your favorite thing about working with Artix Entertainment?
Zoshi: My favorite thing about AE.... where do I even start? I love the community more than anything. You guys are so unbelievably nice and I really appreciate all of your awesome feedback on everything! I love the weekly releases and constantly moving from one piece of art to the next. I never get tired of making things because every week there’s a new theme to look forward to.
Beleen: Awwwee, that’s sweeter than my Mocha coffee!
Zoshi: It’s true! I just really love and appreciate art and haven't stopped making art since I found my calling :)
Beleen: Awesome! *sluuurrrrrp* Do you have anything else you’d like to share with intrepid artists?
Zoshi: Absolutely! Hey, everyone: Don't let anyone tell you what’s good for YOU. You must do whatever makes you happiest!
Beleen: How inspirational! And you’re absolutely right! Your happiness is your number one priority, so do whatever it takes to be happy =D
Zoshi: And being able to release my personal collection of Monster Hunting items for every AQWorlds hero to enjoy makes me happy! Just, please, Beleen, when you color customize your Dragon Hunter armor with BRIGHT PINK, stay away from Artix!
Beleen: …I can keep no such promise… mwahahaa….. *ssssllurrrrrpppp*
Want to make Zoshi even happier? Tell him how much you like his new Monster Hunting items on his Twitter!
And stay tuned, because Zoshi’s Featured Artist Shop will be arriving in-game later today.
Tags: Beleen Featured Artist Showcase Zoshi Interview Coffee
To the victor goes the spoilers!
Yippie! Tuesday is dedicated to Zoshi!
Happy Monday hero! Did ye enjoy Talk Like a Pirate Day? AYE AYE!
Now that ye pirate ship has set sail, ye wants to plunder new treasures, ye say? Well… OKAY!
The grand return of the Featured Artist Showcase Shop hits Battleon tomorrow! Come Tuesday afternoon in the Game Menu, you will receive a FULLY LOADED Artist Showcase Shop featuring exclusive Zoshi the Monster Hunter items.
Give me Zoshi!
One of the most exciting things about the Artist Showcase Shop is getting to see the featured artist unleash their artistic expressions, leaving a lasting impression in our hearts and on the battlefield! Check out all of Zoshi’s items arriving tomorrow =D
Dragon Hunter - Color Customizable!
Hydra Battle Pet
WOWZA! Now that’s a monstrous collection suited for any Monster Hunter! And come tomorrow afternoon, you too can become one of Zoshi’s fellow Monster Hunters and easily slay any foul beast that crosses your path.
Even though Zoshi is up-to-his-neck in monster battles, the two of us have scheduled a date later this evening at the local AdventureBucks Coffee Café so I can interview him. I shall report back to the Design Notes with my findings!
Tags: Beleen Zoshi Monster Hunter Featured Artist Shop
Bubblegum Barnacles, TLAPD almost be here!
Yarr ye ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day?
Ahoy me maties! Glad to see ye made it in one piece (great TV show, me parrot concurs)! This Thursday be International Talk Like A Pirate Day!
Aye yes, and ye best be ready too, ‘cause we don’t take too kindly to lilly livered landlubbers. Har har har! But ye be in luck, that ye be! Me n’ me AQW Crew put together a lil’ lessen for ye. Yaaaar!
Pirate 101: There be Rules, Sailor
Thee first thing ye need to know ‘bout becomin’ a pirate: ye gatta believe yer a pirate! If ye don’t truly believe ye be a Swashbuckler, then aint nobody else ganna be fooled! Best follow these steps below.
- We pirates don’t be good at speakin’. We scowl a lot, and we like to mutter most o’ our words. Best get used to it, matey!
- Ye gatta run yer words together. Ye gatta slur. Don’t use no proper sentences, either!
- If ye still got yer hands, use a motherload o’ gestures. Movin’ yer hands about when ye speak be key to a pirate’s life. It also be good fer ye circulation!
- Pirates be loud n’ lusty. Thee louder ye be, THEE SMART’R YE SOUND!
- Never say “you” or “your” unless ye wishes to walk thee plank. It be “ye” an’ “yer” in the Pirate’s life! Savvy?
- Oh, and it be “me” and not no “I” or “mine”! Fer example, “that be me booty, ye no good two toothed thievin’ scallywag!”
- Drop the “g” after words endin’ in “ing”. There be no need fer that “g” after many words, like goin’, and fightin’, and fishin’, and swimmin’!
- Make up words if ye have to! We pirates don’t be minding a wee bit o’ hornswaggling!
- Never leave port without ye good luck charm, or there be mighty dire consequences! Me never leaves home without me lucky pink skull pendant!
Pirate 101: Swanky Pirate Lingo
Below be a list o’ the best pirate-speak in all thee seven seas! When ye read this, ye be ready fer Talk Like A Pirate Day on September 19!
- All hands on deck! – A cry that calls for immediate action.
- Ahoy! – A general greeting, meaning "Hello!"
- Arrr! – A pirate’s most commonly used word that has no solid definition.
- Avast! – A cry that generally means “Stop and give attention.” Can also mean "Whoa!” or "Check it out" or "No way!"
- Aye! - "Yes!"
- Belay - To immediately cease or stop.
- Booty - Anything of value that a pirate can plunder.
- Cat’o’Nine Tails – A whip made up of nine knotted ropes.
- Crow’s Nest – A lookout point at the top of the tallest mast on a ship.
- Cutlass – A curved sword, favored by many sailors.
- Davy Jones' Locker – Technically means the bottom of the sea. It is also where the souls of drowned pirates go.
- Grog – A pirate’s beverage of choice.
- Hoist the Colors! –To raise the Pirate flag before attacking.
- Hearties –Shipmates and friends.
- Hornswaggle—To cheat or to lie.
- Lad—A name for a young gentleman.
- Lass - A name for a young woman, usually more polite.
- Lubber or landlubber—A name give to those who prefer land over the sea.
- Motherload –A term for a very large amount of booty or treasure.
- Salt or Old Salt—The name given to veteran Sailors. Also used to enhance the flavor of food.
- Savvy – Meaning to understand or “okay”.
- Smartly – To do or to perform something quickly.
- Scurvy –A common condition of sailors who go too long without eating fruits and vegetables.
- Shiver me timbers! –"Well, I'll be" or "What a surprise!"
- Swag—The common term for riches and/or gold.
- Walk the plank – To be forced to walk the length of a plank that has been placed over the side of a ship. The outcome is not promising.
Pirate 101: Pirate Booty ‘n Treasures
Pirates be lovin’ some booty! And ye too can plunder yer loot from Quibble’s Treasure Chest makin’ landfall in Battleon come Thursday. Some o’ thee best booty in all the seven seas includes:
- 4 New Naval Commanders:
- Galactic Naval Commander
- ChronoLord Naval Commander
- Legion Naval Commanders:
- Teal Version
- Blue Version
- Flyin’ Cthulhu Pet
- Galactic Cutlass
- Tricorn Hats ‘nd Eyepatches
- Pirate Angler Armor Sets
- And on Friday, 40+ Pirate Top Hats be matchin’ ALL Naval Commanders—past ‘nd present, ‘nd some even got beards for ye hairy hearties!
Pirate 101: PARRRRTY!
On behalf o’ the AQW Crew, ye now be ready fer Talk Like a Pirate Day! Grab ye cutlass and ye captain’s hat, ‘nd don’t be forgettin’ yer lucky charm! At any time ye be needin’ a smartly reminder, come back ‘n get a refresher!
Skulls and crossbones, Beleen
Tags: Beleen Talk Like a Pirate Day TLAPD Pirate Lingo How to spoilers
You Got Lucky on this Unlucky Day!
If you’re reading these Design Notes… then congratulations! You survived the Curse of the Vampirates Friday the 13th Event!
Amongst the heated battles and hilarious puns, your fellow heroes snapped photos of their adventures during this special event.
Takao No Kami’s crew harpooning the Kraken!
Rexobrother and his mates plundering Captain Von Poach.
Ramu6262 soloing the dreaded Vampirate Captain.
Hats off to DNA94 and their hearties with their Infinity Tricorn hats!
Think ye captured epic screenshots too? Prove it by showing me on my Twitter!
Ye now be ready for Talk Like a Pirate Day, making landfall this Thursday, September 19. Spoilers be over the horizon… so stay tuned, matey!
Tags: Beleen Pirate Friday the 13 Event screenshots
Beleen's Booty (treasure, I mean, duh!)
Arr ye rrready for Friday the 13th?
Ahoy, matey! Friday the 13th is making landfall THIS Friday in your favorite online adventure game!
A fan favorite since the first Friday the 13th release, the gypsy pirate musician Voltaire sails back to Battleon for this spooky in-game event. Board Voltaire’s pirate ship bound for the mysterious Treasure Island to dig up buried booty. You are setting sail on Friday the 13th… what could POSSIBLY go wrong?
Whoops. Spoke too soon. A conniving crew of bloodthirsty Vampirates, led by the infamous Captain Von Poach, have their sights set on your booty… erm, I mean, treasure. Can you outwit this batty Captain and find the buried treasure before he does? On this Friday the 13th, you’ll have a lot more to worry about than spooky superstitions!
This special in-game event truly is special. Why? Because YOU and your friends are the ones responsible for creating it! That’s right—after reading each and every one of your comments on the AQWorlds Facebook page, we chose our favorite ideas (and the most realistic ones) and included them in Friday’s upcoming event.
So go ahead. Brag and boast to all of your friends that YOU helped Artix, Alina, and the rest of the AQWorlds team create an in-game event. Feels pretty darn good, doesn’t it? =D
Thank you so much for being a part of AdventureQuest Worlds!
Tags: Beleen Friday the 13 Booty spoilers Voltaire Vampirates
This Friday is Friday the 13th!
Friday the 13th! The 13th of Friday. Friday Friday Friday. Friday the 13th is this Friday!
Friday the 13th on the brain. Friday the 13th on the game…design notes. Friday the 13th, Friday the 13th, OMG Friday the 13th THIS FRIDAY!
That is all. Back to work.
Tags: Friday the 13 Keep Calm Beleen
Battle Buddies Forever!
Invite your friends to battle alongside you!
It’s a privilege being in the presence of Lore’s greatest hero: YOU! But every adventurer needs a good battle buddy, a trusted companion, a warrior to watch their back (and all that Gold in your inventory)... so why not invite your friends to try your favorite online adventure game AQWorlds! Battle alongside your best friends and get great rewards while racking up victories!
2Rocket battles alongside his faithful friends!
When you Refer a Friend, you will get bonus Gold and Experience, a free Friend Gem, and 250 AdventureCoins for FREE when your friend becomes an upgraded Member!
Of course... you gotta help your friend defeat all those tough monsters in return!
How do I Refer a Friend?
- Click on the Manage AQW Account link.
- Login with your AQW game Username and Password.
- Select 'Referred Friends' from the menu on the left.
- To invite a friend, enter their email in the textbox labeled "Friend's Email" and then Submit! Or you can copy and paste your exclusive Referral Link on your blog, on your status, on Twitter… anything you want!
- You can also Refer your Friend from in-game! Speak to Twilly in Battleon to send your friends Referral emails directly from AQWorlds.
Shadow180000 and friends battle on together!
What about those sweet rewards?
Friends give the best presents! For every Friend you Refer, you will receive:
- Gold and Experience based on the amount of Gold and Experience that your friend earns each day—the more they play, the stronger AND richer YOU become!
- 1 Friend Gem for each Referred Friend once they reach Level 5—Friend Gems buy all sorts of awesome items from Twilly’s Referral Shop in Battleon.
- 250 Free AdventureCoins when your referred friend becomes a Member—Upgraded Members always have the most fun, and you can get 250 ACs just for recruiting AQWorlds’ newest Member!
How do I keep track of my Referred Friends?
Keeping track of your Referred Friends is easy with the Account Manager. After logging in with your Username and Password, click the “Referred Friends” link on the left side of the screen. You will see a list of all the Friends you Referred and whether or not they have Upgraded to a Member!
So start Referring your Friends now!
And Like the AdventureQuest Worlds Facebook Page too!
Tags: Refer Friends Battle Buddies Beleen