Artists: J6 Seeking Apprentice
Do You Have What It Take To Create Map Art For AQW?
Do you dream of vectoring landscapes? Do you love to play with perspective in Flash? Are your shading skills up to speed? If you think you've got the skill, talent, and drive to create background art for AQWorlds, we want to see YOUR portfolio, because...
J6 needs a new apprentice!
J6 has been with Artix Entertainment for years, beginning as a player, then beginning to work for us as a contractor, and is now AQW's Lead Artist. But there is, sadly, only ONE of him, and until Yorumi gets that cloning machine built, there will only ever BE one of him... unless he can train up another map artist.
We are posting this on the Design Notes first because we ALWAYS want to get people from our community before looking outside the AE family, but if you happen to know someone who does not play, fits the criteria and would like some experience in the gaming industry please feel free to let them know.
Here is what we are looking for:
- Experienced/Talented/Skilled Background/Environment Artists
- Artists who can mimic the AQW style
- Artists who have experience with Adobe Flash
We will be looking at your AQW account history to make sure that you have a clean record. We are looking for artists who are mature, responsible, excited about contributing to AQW, willing to take criticism and make changes accordingly. We are ONLY looking for artists who can match J6's ackground/environment styles at this time.
Here is what you need to do:
- 1. Send an e-mail to AQWapplications@aq.com with the subject line AQW ARTIST APPLICATION
If your e-mails subject line says anything except AQW ARTIST APPLICATION then the filters will automatically delete it. Reading comprehension is good.
- Include your real name, age (if you are over 18, otherwise just game name), and
- Include your country of residence.
- Include your AQW Game account name and email address
- Include your Master Account name and email address tied to the master account.
- Include your Forum account name and email address if you have a forum account.
- Include all Languages you speak/read.
- Include a Resume (C.V.) *please note we'd like the resume in English.
- Include links to your online art portfolio or attach examples of your art. (Please note that art will be checked for plagiarism.)
You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this (these) position(s) UNLESS you are incredibly experienced in environment art.*
One application per person. We will read and consider all applications, but cannot reply to them all. If you are chosen to go through a further interview, we will contact you by e-mail. If we do not respond, we want to thank you for being awesome enough to volunteer!
Please note that this is an unpaid, volunteer position but does come with in-game dev status, free AE game memberships, AdventureCoins, the chance to test game content as we develop it before release and invaluable experience with a honest-to-goodness gaming company which will look good on ANY future resumes.
Thanks, good luck and Battle On!
* In which case, we will consider anyone 16 years old or up. You used to need to be 18 to apply, but no more! If you ARE under 18, you will just need to get your parents' permission. 16 is
PS: Keep an eye on the Design Notes tomorrow! We will be posting applications for three MORE new volunteer positions on the team!