Player Suggestion |
Slay Bells, Beasts, and Bandits in Frostvale!
Journey to Frostvale to battle through AQW's coolest holiday events now as all of our previous years' Frostval events return! Save Frostvale, stop the Ice Symbiote infection, watch a young Empress Gravelyn experience her first Frostval, take down the ancient Questzal beast and get WAY TOO MANY presents!
Are you ready for the holiday /cheer?
/Join Frostval to begin battling the most coldhearted villains in Lore! Quest through the following areas to save the Spirit of Frostval, moglins... and the WORLD!
Tinsel the Gift Moglin and her bag of presents will return to Battleon next week! (Her shipment was late this year, but she'll make up for it!)
Winter Seasonal Shop: Subzero Berserker
Are you coldhearted enough to /equip this gear? The Subzero Berserker is available when you buy the Winter Token from Twilly in Battleon!
Cold as Ice... and as Deadly
Check out our other releases this week, too!
Mark Your Calendars, Heroes!
A LOT is happening in AQWorlds this month, so make sure you don't miss ANY of this year's coolest... and DEADLIEST releases!
Releasing December 20th
- Frostval returns with all our previous events
- Find the Subzero Berserker set in the Winter Seasonal Shop in your game menu or Battleon
- New Bludrutbrawl-style PVP map: Chaosbrawl
- If you AFK while in PVP, you will not get rewards
Artix Points Offer now available
From now until January 5, 2014 get 10% more Artix Points when you purchase using credit cards or Paypal on
Releasing next week
- Lord of the Wedding Ring: BATTLE WEDDING! Artix and Trini invite you to take part in the MOST MASSIVELY EPIC online wedding event... EVER! Watch the video of the real-life wedding, and /cheer for your favorite paladin and his new bride!
- Get your 200 FREE ACs next week to celebrate Frostval AND Artix's wedding!
- Mid-week release: Dage's Glacial Warlord Class! One of the COOLEST classes yet!
Shops Leaving Monday
- Quibble Coinbiter's Chaos Shop
- Cyber Monday gear (except for Cyber Doomknight, leaving Wednesday)
- Harvest shop
- Black Friday shop
- Memet and Zazul's birthday shop
- Doctor WHOOOOOOO!
Dage's Dark Winter is Coming
Prepare yourselves, hero, because you WILL need to fight this winter, and your enemies are... EACH OTHER! There will be single-player and PVP versions of this year's Frostval event! Dage's Nightmare Before Frost-EVIL event will be one you will NEVER forget... IF you survive!
- Frostval Quibble ALSO arrives!
Get the Sub-Zero Berserker Set Tonight!
Talk to Twilly all winter long to find the Winter Seasonal Shop and the Sub-Zero Berserker set! Check out this cool new gear in the preview Buy the Winter Token for 1000 ACs to unlock the shop, then get all of the gear in the shop for free (0 ACs for the free storage,too)!
Sub-Zero Berserker armor
- Sub-Zero Berserker Armor
- Cold Blood Helm
- Heart of Ice Hood
- Frozen Death Sword and Shield
- Sub-Zero Frost Cloak
- Glacial Slayer Blade
Also happening tonight!
- Frostval returns! Play through all of the previous years' events!
- NEW gear in the Cyber Monday shop: Cyber Doomknight armor and helm! All of the current gear in the shop will go rare on Monday except for the Cyber Doomknight, which will leave next Wednesday.
- The Black Friday shop leaves Monday!
- The Black Friday and Cyber Monday prize pool rewards were given out earlier today. Check your inventory!
Sweet as a cookie =D
Battle Om Nom Nom!
Arm thy spatula! Equip your cooking apron! And start your ovens! It’s time for the 2013 Artix Entertainment Creative Cookie (and various holiday dessert) Contest!
Victory is sweet. Cookies are sweeter. Winning the Cookie Contest is the sweetest!
Over the past few years, this highly-anticipated highly-caloric contest has delivered a scrumptious surge of cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, cupcakes, rice krispies, and various holiday confectionary treats all created in an Artix Entertainment theme.
From Moglin muffins to Book of Lore brownies to NPC character cupcakes to ginger bread Guardian Towers to Cysero cakes and—OMG there are just waaaay too many to list! So feast your eyes on previous years’ winners and get a sugar-rush inspiration =D
2009 Cookie Contest Winners
2010 Cookie Contest Winners
2011 Cookie Contest Winners
So who wants to have their cake and eat it too… AND have a chance at winning epic prizes? Well OF COURSE you do!
Your Just Desserts (The Prizes)
Along with an endless amount of internet fame (and consumed calories), the Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive an exclusive Sword, Helm, and Cape!
Runner Ups will receive a Helm and Cape, and all other honorable mentions will receive a Helm. These item rewards are ONLY available to those who win—so everyone in the (AQ)world will KNOW that YOU won the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest =D
How the Cookie Crumbles (The Rules)
This contest will range from NOW until 11:59pm Server Time (also EST) on Tuesday, December 31st. The winners will be announced next year.
HAHA! Yes, technically it will be January 2014 by the time we view all the entries and tally up the winners =) We'll keep you updated, no worries there my friends.
The rules and guidelines are short ‘n sweet but MUST be followed exactly for your edible entry to be eligible. I repeat, in boldface and in red font, ‘cuz a lot of people miss this: YOU must follow EACH rule if you want your entry to be considered eligible.
The easiest way to make sure your hard work gets judged: Read all of the rules before submitting your entry! Simple, yeah? Let’s get started!
• Your dessert MUST be created by YOU. Do not copy someone else’s hard work. That, my friend, is called cheating, and you will be disqualified for it.
• Include an index card/piece of paper/ icing signature that says your AQW Character Name AND 2013 alongside your tasty treat. This way we really know it’s made by you! And NO, photoshopping your name onto your picture DOES NOT COUNT, and you will be disqualified if you do.
• Your dessert MUST be created in some sort of Artix Entertainment theme. Create anything you want from AQW, EpicDuel, OverSoul, BladeHaven, DragonFable, BattleGems, MechQuest, AdventureQuest, Pony vs Pony, HeroSmash, or WarpForce! If we cannot tell what it is from our games, you will not be qualified.
• Your canvas must be an edible holiday dessert, like a cookie, cake, pie, brownie, ice cream, cupcake, or pastry. Mmmm, get creative!
• The photo of your dessert should be of the Highest Quality. The more clear the picture, the better and tastier it will look, upping your chance at winning the Grand Prize!
• Post your VALID link to your dessert photo on the AQWContest Twitter at www.twitter.com/AQWContest
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too (Enter the Contest!)
Now that you have read all the rules (as all smart cookies do), you’re ready to enter the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest!
Submit your yummy creations on the official @AQWContest Twitter page for the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest by clicking here!
Your friendly Artix Entertainment family is really looking forward to seeing all of your tasty treats and delectable desserts! There is only one way to win—and it starts by entering this contest!
Best of luck to you all =D And remember to take a photo of your cookie creation BEFORE you Battle Om Nom Nom!!
Tags: contest Creative cookie Holiday AQWContest Twitter Battle om nom nom Beleen
Phase 1 of the Anti-Botting Project in Testing!
Back in October, we announced a plan to restructure our in-game botting detection system. Yorumi has been working on that system (along with his other projects) and today we are getting the first LIVE test of the anti-shop loader portion onto the servers.
When regular players want to open a shop in-game, they talk to an NPC or go to their Book of Lore and click a shop button. That's how you SHOULD be opening any shop in the game! Some players do not follow the rules, and force shops to load using 3rd Party Programs. DO NOT DO THAT!
We are running the tests to make sure that regular players (who follow the rules) do not trigger the anti-shop load code. If you DO get an error message and you were NOT shop loading, please report that on the Bug Tracker. We can see any time you get the error message, which will help us make sure the functionality works. Once we know for sure that works, we can move onto the next step. Phase 1 will run for about a week.
How the Test Will Work
If you are opening shops the way you are supposed to, nothing will change for you! You won't notice any difference in your gameplay. If you are using a 3rd party program to directly open shops, you'll receive an error message.
Next week, instead of an error message, your account will be kicked from the game. After that, if you continue to load shops, your account will be sent to a "prison map" - a special island with a very grumpy warden who will inflict additional punishments on your account. After that... an escalating system of bans will begin. We do not want that to happen to your account!
What comes next
Yorumi has been working on the quest loader and combat detection functionality, too, alongside the anti-shop loader. Those will be the next things we will test, so keep an eye on the Design Notes for news!
Tags: Alina Do Not Load Shops Prison Island Anti Bot Project
Real-life Artix's wedding video
What happens in a video game creators wedding, stays in... nope. It goes right onto YouTube. This actually happened. Inspired by AdventureQuest Worlds weddings, the groomsmen wore Knight armor over their suits and you will not believe what happens next. The only thing this video is missing is you... and we are going to fix that! Join us on Friday the 13th for the AQworlds in-game wedding event!
If you find it worthy, please like and share this video.
Tags: Artix Wedding Chairman Platinum Ninjas Iron Man Bat Man
Return of the Winter Warriors!
Get ready for the return of AQW's coolest gear (literally!) this Friday as we bring back all of our previous years' Frostval events! Save Frostvale, stop the Ice Symbiote infection, watch a young Empress Gravelyn experience her first Frostval, and get SO MANY presents!
One of our Twitter followers, VendettaSoul, sent us this very well-worded (and ominous!) message:
Christmas time is here... Queztal makes you run in fear. Kezeroth, World chaorrupts, my favorite time of year. Lol
And later this month, our NEW Frostval content will arrive! Get ready for...
Dage's Dark Winter: Nightmare before Frost-EVIL!
Also coming this week
- The Winter Seasonal Shop arrives on Friday!
- The high-level Chaos-themed, Bludrut-style PVP map arrives!
- The Black Friday and Cyber Monday prize pool awards are given out
- Next week: the wedding of Artix's creator... merged with Friday the 13th! (You KNOW Voltaire wouldn't miss THIS wedding!... He didn't in real life, either!)
- Later this month: Dage's Dark Winter war, Frostval Quibble, New Year's Evolution Limited Time Shop, and the Glacial Warlord Class!
Check out THESE sweet specs!
Happy Monday! Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving? Are you as stuffed as I am? Well I hope you saved room in your inventory bag… because the Cyber Monday shop is NOW OPEN in Battleon!
Speak with Shadowspan Warrior in Battleon to access the Cyber Monday shop, or easily access this shop directly from the Game Menu!
Get your fill of 30 exclusive Cyber Monday items, including:
- Blinding LEDestiny Axe
- Cyber Paladin Armor
- Overclocked CyberVoid
- ProtoParagon X1
- Doom of the Matrix Axe
The Cyber Monday Shop is available until next Monday, December 9.
Head to Battleon now and gear up in technically awesome tech gear!
Tags: Beleen Cyber Monday specials
And Why Do People Get So Crazy?!
Black Friday is the day after the American Thanksgiving holiday, and the official start of the holiday shopping season in stores. Crowds of people flood into physical shops and online stores to get discounts and deals on gifts (and gear for themselves).
It's easier to battle monsters than rabid shoppers!
There are a lot of rumors about where the name came from, but according to the internet*, it began with Philadelphia police officers, bus and taxi drivers who knew that massive amounts of people would cause traffic jams across the city. Having seen people camping outside stores yesterday and driven through crowds of people fighting to get into parking lots today, I completely agree!
* Always check facts you find on the internet. These seem pretty well-documented, though.
Log In to AQWorlds on Black Friday to Win!
You like to play AQWorlds, and we like to reward you for playing it! Because Black Friday is a day to have fun running around hunting for extra-special deals, we wanted to do something crazy, too!
So if you log in at ANY point during Black Friday, you'll be entered into the Black Friday prize pool for a chance to win 1 of 100 copies of an exclusive Shadow-themed weapon! The ONLY way to get that gear is to login to AQW. That's all you've got to do!*
Grab your friends and get to battling!
We will hold this same drawing on Cyber Monday, but with a different prize going to 100 different people! Prizes will be awarded later this week.
* You only need to log in once to enter, and each account can only be entered once.