October 02, 2012
Artists: AQW Needs YOU
Do You Have What It Take To Create Art For AQW?
Do you dream in vectors? Is Flash your favorite program? Are your shading skills up to speed? If you think you've got the skill, talent, and drive to create art/animation for AQWorlds, we want to see YOUR portfolio!
AQW is losing two of it's top artists - Aranx and Tomix. Aranx needs to focus on school and recharge his artistic batteries, while Tomix is being promoted to DragonFable's lead artist and needs to focus his attention there. We'll never say "no" if they find the time to create more epic gear for you, though!
With their departure, AQW is left a little short-handed in the art department. We are looking for a few great AQW fans to become volunteer assistant developers, and hopefully, if things work out in the future, full time staff members of AE.
So we want to see what YOU can do!
Here is what we are looking for:
- Experienced Item artists and animators.
- Experienced/Talented/Skilled Background / Environment Artists.
- Artists who can mimic the AQW style.
- Artists who have experience with Adobe Flash.
We will be looking at your AQW account history to make sure that you have a clean record. We are looking for artists who are mature, responsible, excited about contributing to AQW, willing to take criticism and make changes accordingly. We would like a few people to help with art for monsters, armors, and items but We are ESPECIALLY looking for artists who can match J6's item and background/environment styles.
Here is what you need to do:
- 1. Send an e-mail to AQWARTISTS@BATTLEON.COM with the subject line AQW ARTIST APPLICATION
If your e-mails subject line says anything except AQW ARTIST APPLICATION then the filters will automatically delete it. Reading comprehension is good.
- Include your real name, age (18 minimum), and country of residence.
- Include your AQW Game account name and email address
- Include your Master Account name and email address tied to the master account.
- Include your Forum account name and email address if you have a forum account.
- Include all Languages you speak/read.
- Include a Resume (C.V.) *please note we'd like the resume in English.
- Include links to your online art portfolio or attach examples of your art. (Please note that art will be checked for plagiarism.)
- Link or attach your animation reel if you have one.
We are posting this on the Design Notes first because we ALWAYS want to get people from our community before looking outside the AE family, but if you happen to know someone who does not play, fits the criteria and would like some experience in the gaming industry please feel free to let them know.
You must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this (these) position(s).* If the application is not complete, we will toss it out. And please - one application per person. We will read and consider all applications, but cannot reply to them all. If you are chosen to go through a further interview, we will contact you by e-mail. If we do not respond, we want to thank you for being awesome enough to volunteer!
Please note that this is an unpaid, volunteer position but does come with in-game dev status, free AE game memberships, AdventureCoins, the chance to test game content as we develop it before release and invaluable experience with a honest-to-goodness gaming company which will look good on ANY future resumes.
Thanks, good luck and Battle On!
* In the past, the minimum age was 16, but that is no longer true.