Clearing Your Cache
Why Should I Clear My Cache?
Clearing your cache regularly is the single best thing you can do to help ensure you have a happy and bug-free gaming experience. Bugs which are the result of a stuffed cache make up more reports than all the other issues combined.
Some of the most common things that happen when you do not clear your cache are:
- Inability to move freely / trapped in invisible walls.
- Maps failing to load properly.
- Quest rewards failing to drop.
- Items in bank not showing up.
- Excess lag.
- Clickable items not responding or appearing.
- Game Menu failing to load.
- Error 1337 - Epic failure to load character.
Clearing your browser's cache gives you the latest version of the game.
When you play AQWorlds, or any Artix Entertainment game, the game window you see is called the "client." The client shows you the updated files (that make up each release) we put out every week. Those files are stored in your browser's "cache."
Clearing your cache may cause the game to load slightly slower the first time you log back in afterwards, as your browser is making sure you are getting the most up to date files.
Below is a list of the most popular browsers and how to clear the cache on each of them. Before you clear your cache, please make sure you are logged out of the game and are not on any AE website. This will ensure that everything you need to clear is actually cleared out.
Before clearing your cache on any of the below browsers, please do the following first:
- Log out of the game
- Close all but one tab
- Go to any non AE related website (We suggest your homepage)
Clearing your cache is not a one time fix. There are many issues which may arise from a need to clear your cache. If you encounter any non-art related issues, you should clear your cache first, before filing a Bug Report.
To clear your cache on the Artix Games Launcher, please open the system tray icon, click on it and select Clear Cache.
Here is a screenshot to assist you in finding the icon and what to click:
You can also drag this icon to your task bar, and it will be visible there every time you open the Launcher afterwards.
- Click "Tools -> Delete Browsing History..." (or Ctrl + Shift + Del)
- Check only "Temporary Internet Files."
- Click "Delete."
- Restart Internet Explorer
- Press the 3 dots in the top right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Press "Choose what to clear"
- Make sure "Cached data and files" is ticked.
- Press "Clear".
- Restart your browser.
- Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History(drop down menu)
- Select "Clear Your Recent History" and make sure "Cache" is ticked.
- Press "Clear Now".
- Restart Firefox.
- Click "Tools."
- Select "Delete Private Data..."
- Click the "Detailed Options" button.
- Uncheck everything except "Clear Entire Cache."
- Click "Delete," and restart.
- Click "Develop".
- Click "Empty Caches".
- Restart Safari.
- Click "Firefox -> Preferences."
- Click "Advanced" and select the "Network" tab.
- Under the "Cached Web Content" section, click "Clear Now."
- Restart Firefox.
Note: If you do not see your browser's version listed here, it is strongly recommended that you upgrade your browser. The latest browsers typically have more features and improved security.
Be sure to also restart your web browser so the game page fully reloads, and not just the content files.