March 15, 2019
New Featured Gear for Lucky Day
Tonight, find the Lucky Paragon set and Lucky Golden Paragon Bank Pet in your Featured Gear Shop for AdventureCoins. These items will be available until the Lucky Day Event leaves.
Perma-Rare Event Items
- Color-customizable Rainbowtheus set
- Undead Ringmaster set
Calling all members of the Undead Legion
If you are a member of the Undead Legion, you can also get select items from the Lucky Paragon set with Legion Tokens.
- Lucky Paragon Plate: 2,000 Legion Tokens
- Lucky Paragon Helm: 500 Legion Tokens
- Lucky Paragon Cape: 500 Legion Tokens
- Lucky Paragon Pet: 1,000 Legion Tokens (Legion exclusive!)
- Dual Lucky Caladbolgs: 1,000 Legion Tokens (Legion exclusive!)
March 15, 2019
The Shamrock Fair is BACK!
Do ya feel lucky, Hero? I hope so, because this weekend, The Shamrock Fair returns as we celebrate Lucky Day! Log in all weekend log for one of the most colorful holiday events of the year.
Lucky Day Fair events:
- Double gold and rep server boost
- Play minigames to collect Golden Tickets
- Unlock the Evolved Leprechaun Class
- Seasonal items and bosses return
You can access the Fair RIGHT NOW when you /join Luck, and then continue to taste the painbow inthe /rainbow and /hedge maps!
Don't miss the many minigames you'll find at the Shamrock Fair:
- Clover Fields (Legend-only)
- Jackpot o' Gold
- Rainbow Run
- Ring Toss
- Smack A Sneevil
- Shamrock Smash
- Battle Gems Mini
Save up the Golden Tickets you earn from the minigames to purchase gear from the Lucky Day Shamrock Fair Merge Shop, and if you get a Lucky Hat or Lucky Top Hat from the Fair Token Shop, you'll earn double the number of Golden Tickets from any minigame you play!
The Luckiest Class: Evolved Leprechaun!
Most people find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but we found the Evolved Leprechaun Class, and we can't think of a better Hero to /equip it than YOU
You can get the Evolved Leprechaun Class in 2 ways:
- Buy the Evolved Leprechaun Class with 2,000 AdventureCoins
- Turn in 12 Lucky Clovers, 20 Rainbow Shards, and 2,000 Golden Tickets to the Lucky Day Shamrock Fair Merge Shop, run by Mog O’Rahilly
Make your friends GREEN with envy as you battle through this Luckiest of weekends filled with LUK, leprechauns, and LOTS of loot!
Enter the Fairy Grove
The veil between our world and the Fae has thinned enough for you to enter the realm of the Fairy Queen. This weekend's Lucky Day expansion is based on Celtic fairy lore. Learn more about them, complete the Runestone's quest for prophecies and advice, and rank up your new Faerie Court rep.
Gold + Rep Server Boost
March 11, 2019
Check the list of bug fixes to see what the team has addressed
Reens, Cemaros and the AQW Bug Hunter team are busy squashing the bugs you submit each week to the Bug Tracker at www.Artix.com/bugs.
Please do not send non-release bugs on Twitter. They will get lost. Make sure you send bug report forms!
Check back weekly to see if the bug you reported has been addressed. Please remember that not all bugs are "easy fixes" so some reported and confirmed bugs from each week may not be on the fixed list as they will require more time or a different person to fix them.
If you would like to know how the reports go from you to fixed, check this page:
- Aquamarine of Nulgath will now require the quest taken to drop to help control drop spam.
- Void Guardian's Claws repositioned.
- Summer Xeven and Sekt - Xeven’s bikini CC issues fixed.
- Paragon Fiend Mounted House Guard ® now actually faces right. (Horses cant tell left from right because they cant make an L out of their hoof!)
- Wrath of the Legion Blade Pet matches the sword now.
- Dark Caster Armor - special Dage Head version now has a different head for the ladies too. (It may have involved giving @Aelious_AE an axe …)
- UltraWrath of the Legion Blade flipped right side up.
- Chaorrupted Lycan Hunter male was not supposed to have any CC bits. Bits removed.
Not Fixed & Why:
- Enchanted Nulgath Nation House - edit menu disappears after using armor customizer. This happens with every house with a customizer room. Unfortunately, this is not something we can fix. You can bring the menu back by leaving the house and returning. The Wiki will also be updating the house pages which have customizers to state this.
- There were a number of reports about Art which were not bugs this week. Please refer back to the Design Notes for Non Standard Armours and Bug, Opinion or Engine Limitation.
The BuyBack Shop and Equippable Items Used in Quests
The BuyBack Shop was designed to allow you to repurchase any item you had ever obtained by paying ACs for it. In 2016, this function was also expanded to include items you obtained from quests or farming which were taggged as 0 ACs.
Many of you have noticed that this will also allow you to get them back when you have used them in a quest or merge. This is not a bug.
It was an unintended side effect. However, after reviewing all the implications of this, we have decided to allow it to remain.
March 08, 2019
Available for a Limited Time!
It's that time of year again! Beads, feathers, sparkly costumes, fire dancers, and lots of celebrating! But before you can get to the party, check out the HOTTEST Carnaval shop yet. The Passaro de Fogo armor set will be available from your Featured Gear Shop for AdventureCoins (with some member and free gold items mixed in) from March 8th to April 1st.
Pieces of the armor set include:
- Passaro de Fogo armor
- Plumas de Fogo helms
- Pluma de Boitata staves
- Boitata on your Back cape
- Even more fiery feather capes and wings
- Passaro de Fogo Moglin pet (AC and member gold versions)
March 08, 2019
Dark Caster Class Skills Return with New Art!
It's Dage the Evil's birthday, and we're celebrating ALL MONTH LONG! Last week, we brought back all his birthday events and announced we were bringing back ALL the Dark Caster Class skills, tied to new art created by Dage just for this event. Log in now and head to /darkbirthday; find the Immortal Dark Caster Class with the buffed original Dark Caster class skills in his birthday shop OR the Dark Caster Collection chest.
If you bought the Immortal Dark Caster Class Note last week... congratulations! That has automatically changed into the Immortal Dark Caster Class.
This class uses the original Dark Caster class skills... but they got a wicked buff! You can see the original Class Skills writeup here, then read on for all the juicy buffs.
How to get it:
- Buy it from Dage's Dark Birthday Shop for 2,000 ACs
- Find it in the Dark Caster Collection Chest for 0 ACs
Original Class owners:
If you have the original Dark Caster Class, you will get the Immortal Dark Caster Class for FREE. You'll also get to keep the DC skills as they were first designed on your original class. (For those of you who want to keep it old-school.) Talk to Dage in the /darkbirthday map to complete his quest to claim your free class. We will also be adding the class's armor just for you!
(Immortal) Dark Caster Balance Changes
Because of how old the original Dark Caster Class was, it needed a LOT of work to make it competitive with more recently-released classes. After several level cap increases (and the new enhancements, higher crit, damage, and haste modifiers introduced since the DC's release), we found Dark Conversion was no longer necessary to sustain its mana regeneration.
BUT Because consistent healing was previously difficult to sustain, we changed the skill to Forbidden Rite, a slight heal on a low cooldown that also utilizes stacking auras (which keeps the fast-paced stacking feel).
- changed every aura on the class to increase its potency
- doubled the damage reduction on Shadow Grasp
- increased the maximum damage increase on Shadow Bolt to 40% at five stacks
With the addition of the 24% outgoing damage increase on Forbidden Rite and the haste boost on Legion Strike, the overall damage potential for Immortal Dark Caster is notably higher than original Dark Caster, although the individual skill damage has been slightly lowered.
With the consistent heal and damage reduction effects from Soul Crush, Soul Barrier, Legion Aegis, its survivability increased. With the outgoing damage increases from Soul Burn, Soul Conflate, and Legion Alacrity, its damage potential increased.
(Immortal) Dark Caster Change Breakdown
- Renamed to "Dark Pulse"
- Now deals damage based on Spell Power
- Now has a 20% stun chance
- Mana cost reduced to 15
- Base damage reduced
- Soul Crush target damage reduction increased to 10% per stack
- Soul Crush no longer replaces stacks of Soul Burn
- Mana cost reduced to 15
- Base damage reduced
- Soul Burn target defense reduction increased to 8% per stack
- Soul Burn no longer replaces stacks of Soul Crush
- Renamed to Forbidden Rite
- Mana cost of 15 added
- Cooldown reduced to 8 seconds
- Now heals the user
- Dark Conversion effect replaced with Soul Conflate
- Soul Conflate increases outgoing damage by 6% and damage reduction by 5% for 15 seconds
- Dark Conversion stacks to 4
- Base damage lowered
- 4 second stun removed
- Having 3 stacks of Soul Crush on the target will now apply Legion Alacrity to your character
- Legion Alacrity increases haste by 20% for 10 seconds
- Heal over Time removed
- Having any stacks of Soul Burn on the target will now apply Legion Aegis to your character
- Legion Aegis increases your damage reduction by 30% for 10 seconds
- Speed of Darkness: Haste increased to 15%
- Dark Pact: Damage increased to 15%
- Spirit Death: Now increases Dodge Chance by 15%
Evolved Dark Caster and Infinite Dark Caster had Smouldering added to second skill, which increases incoming damage for enemies for 6 seconds
March 08, 2019
Fight the Darkness to bring Light to Terra da Festa
Carnaval is one of my most favorite events of the year -- I love the colors and how the story releases center around wicked celebrations. But THIS year, we can't /party until YOU save the day. (You're the hero. It's what you do best!) The Boitata, a mystical, fiery snake that brings light to the entire land, has had his flames extinguished somehow, and Terra da Festa has been plunged into Darkness. Rekindle its fire, return the light to the land, and then get your PARTY ON!
You can also replay our previous Carnaval events starting tonight, too, plus get the returning seasonal rare gear from Frevo's shop in /terradefesta.
Don't Forget Your New Party Clothes!
Can't go to Carnaval without a Samba costume! We have a ton of new Carnaval items for 2019, including two gorgeous full sets from two of our Brasilian AQW community artists: Yo_Lae and PP2.