August 10, 2022
AQWorlds Game Moderator Call
Want To Help Make AQW a Safe & Friendly Game?
Our in-game moderators, bug hunters, and testers are amazing... and more, they all started as members of our player community! They joined our corps of contributors* to make the game and community better for everyone. Starting today, we're looking for some fresh new faces to join the game moderator team. Our emphasis for this hunt is on mods who speak other languages (in addition to English).
How to Apply
Fill out the application here: Applications are now closed and in review.
Please note: due to the high volume of heroes who apply to join our game moderator team, we cannot respond to everyone about their application.
Thank you to everyone who applied!
Who are Game Mods and what do they do?
- Game moderators are the heroes you see with the gold name.
- They read and take action on in-game reports.
- They help keep the game safe for everyone.
Here are a few things you should know before you apply:
- You must be at least 18 years old to apply and participate, no exceptions.
- You must provide a valid email address when signing up so we can contact you.
- If accepted, you'll create a new, unique identity for your AE team member persona, and you'll moderate using that account.
We are also looking for new mods that speak languages besides English, especially Tagalog, Portuguese, Spanish. Not bilingual? Don't worry! You can still apply.
Important qualities for moderators:
- Be fair, honest, and willing to ask for guidance and input
- Be eager to serve and improve the community
If you like helping people, love AdventureQuest Worlds, and think you'd make a good in-game moderator... we want to hear from you!
Reminders and FAQs
1) How will you contact me if my application is accepted?
By email. Please make sure you can access the email attached to your AQW game account.
2) How many hours do I need to mod?
There is no minimum # of hours a week. We ask that mods be on regularly while active but modding should be a fun extracurricular activity. A couple hours a week at most, and should not take away from real life obligations like school or work.
3) Do I need to change my name? Really?
If you become a game mod, you'll use a new AE staff identity + get a staff account to use for moderating. Your staff account will get membership + ACs. Your current game account/s will remain as-is... but will get a few bonus gifts.
4) What if I got banned or muted in the past?
We know people make mistakes, and grow and change over time. Those are all looked at on a case-by-case basis, but a ban or mute won't automatically disqualify you.
* Dage, J6, Ghost, Tomix, Lae, and Sora (plus many more of our staff) all joined the AE team after finding the games and playing as regular members of the community... and you can, too!