How do I keep my account secure?
Here are the best methods you can follow to make your account is secure:
Never share your account with anyone for any reason!
- You should also never give out your password to anyone for any reason. 95% of all account 'hackings' are not true hackings. They occur because a player has given their password out to a 'friend,' who then takes advantage of that information. Players do this because the 'friend' has promised them in-game items or gold or AdventureCoins.
- We do not allow people to share, trade, sell or give away accounts. Only play on accounts you created and only use an email that you created!
- This also includes for buying upgrades, please visit our help page on how a friend/relative can purchase an upgrade for you. Please also visit our help page that describes how an account can be hacked/compromised.
- We have a warning EVERY time you login to our game that states: "Staff will never ask you for your password. If someone asks you for your password, report them for Griefing. NEVER give out your password, no matter what."
Use a secure password!
- You should make sure to use a password that is a minimum of eight characters long, that is alpha numeric, and case sensitive.
- Please use a different password for each site you visit and do not use the same password you use for the email address on your account.
- You should also not use the 'save' functions on your account name and password on a public computer. Use those only on your private computer. It is best to not play on public computers. However, if you play on a public computer, please make sure to log out of the game completely when you are done. Close all the browsers on the computer that you were using, as well. This will prevent others from logging into your account.
Confirm your email address with us!
- Confirming the email on your account is another step you can take to help keep your account as secure as possible!
- If you confirm your email, your email cannot be changed without your explicit authorization. If your email is changed, you have to click a link in the confirmation email you will receive that authorizes the change to occur. If you do not click that link, your email will not be changed and you can change your password in case it has been compromised.
- Please visit our help page on how to confirm your email.
- Do not share your email address, confirmed or not, with anyone!
Avoid Fake Artix Sites and Scams!
- There are a ton of sites and emails sent with scammers/phishers trying to steal your accounts, emails and financial information. Usually it is to promise something free or to play on an illegal private server.
- There are also tons of Fake Twitter & Facebook accounts/groups who pretend to be Staff - the only real/official ones are listed on our sites
- A real Staff member would NEVER ask you for any account information such as your password or any financial information such as credit card information!
- The only emails from AE are @aqworlds.com, @aq.com, @artix.com, @artixnews.com, @battleon.com, @dragonfable.com and @mechquest.com.
- Examples of scam/phish sites usually come from yola.com, weebly.com, webs.com, jimbo.com, etc. Examples of scamming/phishing emails are email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and the like.
Reporting and Ignoring Players
- If anyone is breaking our Rules, such as asking for account information or pretending to be a Staff member (or related to one) Report and Ignore them!
- To report or ignore someone, click on that character's avatar/icon and there are options to ignore and/or report them
- You can also type /ignore playername and /report playername
- You can only report/ignore players in game, not via email, the forums, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
Keep your Computer Secure!
- You should always make sure your computer is protected from viruses, malware, spyware and keyloggers. The best way to do this is make sure you have good anti-virus and anti-spyware programs and a firewall installed on your computer and scan your computer regularly.
- You should also always avoid cheating/hacking sites as these kind of sites usually have forums or communities that offer cheats/hacks/bots/trainers for our games that are against the Artix Rules and can give your computer all sorts of nasty viruses!
- Also, please make sure to always keep your operating system, web browsers, anti-virus, anti-spyware programs and any firewalls up to date.