What can I do to prevent disconnects?
To prevent disconnects and other things that can severely impact the performance of the game, we recommend disabling certain programs when playing our game, and then re-enabling these programs once you are finished playing.
Please try and disable then re-enable these programs to see if this helps any game disconnects:
- Windows Defender
- Any 3rd Party Software that may alter the game client - this includes any cheating/hacking programs, which are not allowed!
- Any streaming services active in the background - this includes any music or video programs you have open
- Certain IRC clients
- Try unequipping your pet to see if that helps
Other things that can affect your game play are:
- Unusually high latency
- A wireless connection that has intermittent latency spikes
- Any other clients or programs running in the background
- Too many tabs open in your web browser
Here is how you can check your latency:
- Login to AQWorlds and choose the Twilly server
- Go to your Start Menu, and type CMD
- Type the following: ping 22.214.171.124
- Check the values in the 'time' column
- If the number is above 250 or if it spikes to 1000 or more, you may have a connection issue and need to contact your Internet Service Provider for assistance
PLEASE NOTE - We are not responsible for any issues caused to your registry for trying these suggestions.