I have a failed/declined payment issue!
A credit/debit card/PayPal payment may fail or be declined for any of the following reasons:
- Entering wrong information including billing address, card information
- Reaching UltimatePay/PlaySpan/PayPal's monthly purchasing limit
- There is an issue with your bank/credit card account, like not enough funds
- You are entering a billing address in one country but are physically in another
- There is some other issue with your location, billing address, cards or PayPal account
- If you are trying to make a payment with Safari and it is timing out, please enable 3rd party cookies by going to Preferences and then Privacy, or you can try using a different browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
Fails/Declines - Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if I keep trying to make a payment and it fails/declines?
If you attempt to pay multiple times and your payment attempts fail/decline, you will see multiple holds/pre-authorizations if you are using a debit card. A failed payment or other payment issue can also occur when you abandon a payment (start but do not finish making a payment) or click the BACK button on your browser.
Q. When will my pre-authorization drop off?
Most pre-authorizations in the US will drop off in 5 business days or longer, depending on your financial institution. Most pre-authorizations outside of the USA will drop off in 5-10 business days. Holds in Australia or New Zealand can take 30 days or longer.
Q. I used an UltimateGameCard and my payment failed/declined, what do I do?
Usually an UltimateGameCard payment attempt fails if you enter an incorrect PIN or that card was already used. Please visit the I have an issue with an UltimateGamecard or UltimatePay account! Help Page for more information.
Q. I used Paymentez and my payment failed/declined, what do I do?
Usually a Paymentez payment fails if information is entered incorrect or there is some other kind of issue with your payment. Please visit the Paymentez FAQ for more information.
Q. What other payment methods can I use that won't cause pre-authorizations?
All other payment methods except for credit/debit card payments usually do not have pre-authorizations. You can also try purchasing Artix Points via our Portal Site and can then spend them on any AQWorlds upgrade.
Q. Can I use a pre-paid/gift credit/debit card?
Pre-paid or gift credit/cards are usually not accepted by PlaySpan/UltimatePay as there usually is no identifiable billing information. If you can register a billing address, then the card may be accepted. If you cannot, most likely the payment attempt will fail/decline and you will see a pre-authorization.
Q. I entered the wrong billing address when attempting my payment, how can I enter the correct one?
When attempting to make a payment, if you enter an incorrect billing address, you should be able to go back and enter the correct address before attempting your payment again.
Payment Provider Contact Information
- You can email PlaySpan/UltimatePay directly via their website if you have an UltimatePay account or want to create one
- You can email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also call UltimatePay at 434-984-0007 or 1-877-703-6339 if you are in the US