I have a failed/declined payment issue!
A credit/debit card/PayPal payment may fail or be declined for any of the following reasons:
- Entering wrong information including billing address, card information
- Reaching a payment processor's monthly purchasing limit
- There is an issue with your bank/credit card account, like not enough funds
- You are entering a billing address in one country but are physically in another
- There is some other issue with your location, billing address, cards or PayPal account
- If you are trying to make a payment with Safari and it is timing out, please enable 3rd party cookies by going to Preferences and then Privacy, or you can try using a different browser such as Firefox, Google Chrome or Internet Explorer
Fails/Declines - Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What happens if I keep trying to make a payment and it fails/declines?
If you attempt to pay multiple times and your payment attempts fail/decline, you will see multiple holds/pre-authorizations if you are using a debit card. A failed payment or other payment issue can also occur when you abandon a payment (start but do not finish making a payment) or click the BACK button on your browser.
Q. What if I do not know why my payment attempts are declining/failing?
We receive very little or no information from our end from Xsolla or PayPal regarding why a payment is failed or is declined. The reasons above are the most common reasons and if you do not think your payment is failing/declining due to one of those reasons and you need more information, please contact Xsolla or PayPal directly, their contact information is at the bottom of this page.
Q. When will my pre-authorization drop off?
Most pre-authorizations in the US will drop off in 5 business days or longer, depending on your financial institution. Most pre-authorizations outside of the USA will drop off in 5-10 business days. Holds in Australia or New Zealand can take 30 days or longer.
Q. What other payment methods can I use that won't cause pre-authorizations?
All other payment methods except for credit/debit card payments usually do not have pre-authorizations. You can also try purchasing Artix Points via our Portal Site and can then spend them on any AQWorlds upgrade.
Q. Can I use a pre-paid/gift credit/debit card?
Pre-paid or gift credit/cards can be declined from our payment processors as there usually is no identifiable billing information. However, if you can register a billing address, then the card may be accepted. If you cannot, most likely the payment attempt will fail/decline and you will see a pre-authorization. Here is more information about Visa gift cards. Wal-Mart gift credit cards are pretty common, here is their site where you can register your billing address.
Q. I entered the wrong billing address when attempting my payment, how can I enter the correct one?
When attempting to make a payment, if you enter an incorrect billing address, you should be able to go back and enter the correct address before attempting your payment again.
Payment Provider Contact Information
Xsolla - credit/debit card payments
- Through Xsolla's Help Section http://help.xsolla.com/, you can submit a ticket, use live chat, email email@example.com or call them for assistance
- Xsolla offers assistance in multiple languages and phone numbers for multiple countries
- You can search for answers to any questions or email PayPal via their Customer Support Page
- You can call PayPal directly at 1-888-221-1161