A credit/debit card/PayPal payment may fail for any of the following reasons:
- Entering wrong information including billing address, card information
- Reaching UltimatePay/PlaySpan/PayPal's monthly purchasing limit
- There is an issue with your bank/credit card account, like not enough funds
- You are entering a billing address in one country but are physically in another
- There is some other issue with your location, billing address, cards or PayPal account
Payment Provider Contact Information
- You can email PlaySpan/UltimatePay directly via their website if you have an UltimatePay account or want to create one
- You can email them directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also call UltimatePay at 434-984-0007 or 1-877-703-6339 if you are in the US
Click here to send us an email about any failed/declined payment attempt.
Q. What happens if I keep trying to make a payment and it fails?
This depends on which payment method you use.
If you are using a debit card, If you attempt to pay and your payment attempts fail/decline, you may see a pending charge which means that the banking system has put a temporary hold on the funds.
This is called a pre-authorization, and it means the bank will return that money to you once they confirm the payment was declined. If you are using a credit card/PayPal account, your payment will not be processed and you do not receive the upgrade. A failed payment or other payment issue can also occur when you abandon a payment (start but do not finish making a payment) or click the BACK button on your browser.
Q. If I used a debit card, when will my pre-authorization drop off?
Most pre-authorizations in the US will drop off in 5 business days or longer, depending on your financial institution.
Most pre-authorizations outside of the USA will drop off in 5-10 business days.
Holds in Australia or New Zealand can take 30 days or longer.
Q. My card/PayPal account is fine, what could be the problem?
A. There are many reasons a payment can fail or be declined, the most common reasons are listed above. We can try and see what is going on once you email us or you may have to contact PlaySpan/UltimatePay for further assistance. If you made a mistake entering wrong card/billing, please attempt your payment again 24 hours after you tried to make one.
Q. What other payment methods can I use that won't cause pre-authorizations?
A. A credit card or PayPal account don't cause pre-authorizations usually. There are no monthly limits for using an Artix upgrade card, an UltimateGameCard, SMS or one of UltimatePay's other payment methods. You can also try purchasing Artix Points via our Portal Site and can then spend them on any AQWorlds upgrade.
Q. Can I use a pre-paid/gift credit/debit card?
Pre-paid or gift credit/cards are usually not accepted by PlaySpan/UltimatePay as there usually is no identifable billing information. If you can register the billing address, then the card maybe accepted. If you cannot, most likely the payment attempt will fail and you will see a pre-authorization.
Back to Help