|HeroMart | Player Suggestion | Facebook | TWEET: Artix | Alina | Memet | Beleen
Unleash Your Inner Architect!
Are you an inspiring interior decorator or architect? Do you have a passion for designing new houses and decorating them with classy items? Do you want to see YOUR sweet home-sweet-home creation in AdventureQuest Worlds? Then this is THE contest for you!
House Depot is our first contest where YOU get to create a House and/or House Item. And you even get to describe it, too! Read all the rules below and then put your thinking cap atop your hard hat—and your friends are more than welcome to help design your masterpiece, too!
The Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive:
- Their House and/or House Item created in AQWorlds
Runner-ups will receive:
Additional prizes may be awarded for those who go above and beyond!
A Tight Deadline
House Depot contest:
- Begins Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Ends Thursday, January 23, 2014
- All entries MUST be submitted to @AQWcontest Twitter page before 11:59pm EST (server time) on 1/23/14
This is the most important part of the whole post. Read all the rules below BEFORE entering your submission. Because if you don’t, then you’ll be disqualified, and that is totally lame. Follow EACH rule if you want your entry to be considered eligible.
- Draw, Paint, Blueprint, Sketch, Flash, 3D Print, or Sculpt a House and/or a House Item. Get creative!
- You CAN create more than 1 design, BUT you MUST include all creations in ONE photo submission. This way nothing gets lost! =D
- Your House and/or House Item MUST BE created by YOU. No stealing a photo off of Google. ‘Cuz we will find out.
- You may also include an item description
- Item descriptions should be NO LONGER than 50 words
- Write description next to your drawing, or on a piece of paper next to your entry (so long as we can read it), or try to fit it into your Twitter tweet
- Protip: Entries with item descriptions are more likely to win!!
- You ARE ALLOWED to team up with your friend(s) to help create your House and/or House Item.
- You can create your entry by yourself, or get the help from fellow friends.
- If one of you wants to draw and one of you wants to write the description, that is fine! Just make sure you list eveyone who helps with the entry!
- Everyone involved will be noted and awarded accordingly =)
- Your House/House Item entry MUST include your AQW Character Name, or all the AQW Character Names of everyone involved.
- Date your entry “January 2014”. Hooray for timestamps!
- Submit your House Depot Contest entry between Thursday, January 16, and Thursday, January 23, to www.twitter.com/AQWcontest
Quick Checklist before submitting your entry
- Eligible House and/or House Item for AQWorlds
- Item Description alongside your House and/or House Item (optional, but ups your chances of winning!)
- AQW Character Name(s) included
- January 2014 somewhere on entry
- Upload photo to @AQWcontest
And there you have it! Best of luck, and the AQWorlds team cannot wait to see what you and your friends come up with =D
Submit your House and/or House Item to the AQWcontest Twitter
Tags: Beleen contest House Depot House Item AQWContest Twitter
Sweet as a cookie =D
Battle Om Nom Nom!
Arm thy spatula! Equip your cooking apron! And start your ovens! It’s time for the 2013 Artix Entertainment Creative Cookie (and various holiday dessert) Contest!
Victory is sweet.
Cookies are sweeter.
Winning the Cookie Contest is the sweetest!
Over the past few years, this highly-anticipated highly-caloric contest has delivered a scrumptious surge of cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, cupcakes, rice krispies, and various holiday confectionary treats all created in an Artix Entertainment theme.
From Moglin muffins to Book of Lore brownies to NPC character cupcakes to ginger bread Guardian Towers to Cysero cakes and—OMG there are just waaaay too many to list! So feast your eyes on previous years’ winners and get a sugar-rush inspiration =D
2009 Cookie Contest Winners
2010 Cookie Contest Winners
2011 Cookie Contest Winners
So who wants to have their cake and eat it too… AND have a chance at winning epic prizes? Well OF COURSE you do!
Your Just Desserts (The Prizes)
Along with an endless amount of internet fame (and consumed calories), the Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive an exclusive Sword, Helm, and Cape!
Runner Ups will receive a Helm and Cape, and all other honorable mentions will receive a Helm. These item rewards are ONLY available to those who win—so everyone in the (AQ)world will KNOW that YOU won the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest =D
How the Cookie Crumbles (The Rules)
This contest will range from NOW until 11:59pm Server Time (also EST) on Tuesday, December 31st. The winners will be announced next year.
HAHA! Yes, technically it will be January 2014 by the time we view all the entries and tally up the winners =) We'll keep you updated, no worries there my friends.
The rules and guidelines are short ‘n sweet but MUST be followed exactly for your edible entry to be eligible. I repeat, in boldface and in red font, ‘cuz a lot of people miss this: YOU must follow EACH rule if you want your entry to be considered eligible.
The easiest way to make sure your hard work gets judged: Read all of the rules before submitting your entry! Simple, yeah? Let’s get started!
• Your dessert MUST be created by YOU. Do not copy someone else’s hard work. That, my friend, is called cheating, and you will be disqualified for it.
• Include an index card/piece of paper/ icing signature that says your AQW Character Name AND 2013 alongside your tasty treat. This way we really know it’s made by you! And NO, photoshopping your name onto your picture DOES NOT COUNT, and you will be disqualified if you do.
• Your dessert MUST be created in some sort of Artix Entertainment theme. Create anything you want from AQW, EpicDuel, OverSoul, BladeHaven, DragonFable, BattleGems, MechQuest, AdventureQuest, Pony vs Pony, HeroSmash, or WarpForce! If we cannot tell what it is from our games, you will not be qualified.
• Your canvas must be an edible holiday dessert, like a cookie, cake, pie, brownie, ice cream, cupcake, or pastry. Mmmm, get creative!
• The photo of your dessert should be of the Highest Quality. The more clear the picture, the better and tastier it will look, upping your chance at winning the Grand Prize!
• Post your VALID link to your dessert photo on the AQWContest Twitter at www.twitter.com/AQWContest
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too (Enter the Contest!)
Now that you have read all the rules (as all smart cookies do), you’re ready to enter the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest!
Submit your yummy creations on the official @AQWContest Twitter page for the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest by clicking here!
Your friendly Artix Entertainment family is really looking forward to seeing all of your tasty treats and delectable desserts! There is only one way to win—and it starts by entering this contest!
Best of luck to you all =D And remember to take a photo of your cookie creation BEFORE you Battle Om Nom Nom!!
Tags: contest Creative cookie Holiday AQWContest Twitter Battle om nom nom Beleen
Calling all Pumpkin Carving Masters!
October is national Mogloween month, overflowing with candy, costumed players, pumpkins… and pumpkin carving contests!
Are you ready to squash the competition with your Artix Entertainment-themed pumpkin carving AND have the chance to win FREE AdventureCoins? You bet your sweet gourd you are! Read the full contest details below, and may the best—or craziest!—pumpkin carving win =D
- 5,000 AdventureCoins for Grand Prize Winner(s)
- 2,000 AdventureCoins for Runner Ups
- Additional AdventureCoins prizes for other great pumpkins who go above and beyond
Read AND follow ALL of these rules BEFORE submitting your entry, or you may be disqualified.
- You CAN carve a pumpkin, squash, gourd, watermelon, potato… any vegetable or fruit you can think of! Get creative!
- Your pumpkin MUST be carved by you
- Your pumpkin MUST be carved in an Artix Entertainment theme, so anything from AdventureQuest Worlds, or EpicDuel, or DragonFable… anything goes so long as it’s recognizably Artix Entertainment!
- Your pumpkin MUST be your own ORIGINAL WORK
- Your photo MUST include your AQW Character Name AND Date on a piece of paper beside your pumpkin, or carved into your masterpiece for those skillful pumpkin’ers!
- Photoshoped names and dates WILL NOT be accepted
- Take the highest quality photo(s) you can of your pumpkin entry so we can see all your detailed work AND read your Character Name and Date
- After you’ve doubled checked all these rules above, post your 2013 Pumpkin Carving Contest Entry to the AQW Contest Twitter page!
- Begins Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
- Ends Thursday, October 31st, 2013, at 11:59pm EST (server time)
- Entries will ONLY be accepted on AQW Contest Twitter
- Winners will be announced following week (assuming the AQW team doesn’t fall into a candy coma after Mogloween night)
- Check out previous years’ winners for inspiration: 2009, 2010, 2011
How exciting! The entire Artix Entertainment Team cannot wait to see what carving creativity hides behind your hero. Show the entire world(wide web) that YOU ARE the Pumpkin Carving Master and claim the Grand Prize of 5,000 AdventureCoins!!!!
Be creative, be safe, and most importantly…
Tags: Beleen pumpkin Carving contest 2013 Twitter
Get ready to SQUASH the competition!
Oh. My. Gourd! It’s nearly October! And with everyone’s favorite fall festival Mogloween on the horizon, pumpkins a plenty will be filling the homes of ghouls and boys. Which means this is the perfect time for the highly-anticipated AdventureQuest Worlds Pumpkin Carving Contest!
What: 2013 AQW Pumpkin Carving Contest
When: Tuesday, October 1, 2013, until Thursday, October 31st, 2013, at 11:59pm EST
Where: AQW Contest Twitter Page
Why: To carve (…or DESTROY!) pumpkins for a chance at winning FREE AdventureCoins prizes!
How: Full contest rules coming Monday, September 30th!
…but I know you guys and gals want some info. Like right NOW. So here’s a brief summary of how the contest rules will work:
- pick a pumpkin (or gourd, squash, potato… something like that)
- carve it in an Artix Entertainment theme
- include your AQW Character Name AND date next to your pumpkin
- take a high-quality photo of your masterpiece
- post the link to the AQW Contest Twitter Page
- have a chance at winning AdventureCoins!
Want some pumpkin carving inspiration? Check out our Pumpkin Carving Winners from previous years!
- 2012 NOPE! No contest last year. Why? Cysero decided to have a baby, Alina and Rolith got married, and yours truly was graduating from college. What a bunch of irresponsible game leads =p
Starting Tuesday, October 1st, the 2013 AQWorlds Pumpkin Carving Contest will commence! So get some ideas brewing in that gourd of yours and prove to the world(wide web) that you are the Pumpkin Carving PumpKING!
Or Queen. PumpQueen? Meh doesn’t sound as good. I’ll work on more pumpkin puns, promise. Punkins. Nice comeback.
And on that note…
Tags: Beleen pumpkin Carving contest Twitter
Chaos is kinda my thing =p
Fight Chaos with... more Chaos!
Hooray! It’s Friday! And you know what that means: a brand-new release in your favorite online adventure game!
So who is ready for a chaotic weekend full of quests and adventure?
Who is ready to save the world from the forces of Chaos?
And who is ready for a sneak peek at all the AWESOME items arriving tonight?!
Woah woah WOAAAH! Alright alright, here they come!
Oh man. I dig these Chaos looks. Since purple is pretty close to pink… does that make me pretty close to being Chaotic?
Tehehee… erm, I mean, mwahahaha =D
All these items—and more!—can be obtained during tonight’s release. Stay tuned for more updates!
Tags: Beleen Chaos Drakath War Sneak Peek Twitter
We're Not Ignoring You (unless you're just looking for attention)!
Artix Entertainment tries to set it self apart from other game companies in a lot of ways but one of the most important is how much we interact with you guys. Any of you who follow my Twitter or like our AQW Facebook Fan Page know this to be true.
We love talking to you and even when we don't love what we hear, we love that you care enough to tell us what you don't like and we try and fix it. Unfortunately, we are not always logged in to Twitter (we do sleep on occasion) and when we are, we all have a LOT of people talking to us (at this time I have 31,035 Twitter followers and Artix has nearly 47,000!) so If we don't reply to you it's probably because we either missed your Tweet or because we can't reply to every single Tweet.
Please try and understand that there is no way that we can answer every tweet, much less meet up with every single person who asks to meet us in-game. We would never have time for anything else.
Another thing to mention is that it is mostly the Devs who are on Twitter. Devs (or Game Developers) are the people who spend all week building each new release for you to play, and fixing the bugs that you have reported on the BUG FORUMS. We also have a lot of other jobs dealing with game development and community outreach. All that stuff takes up the entire week (which is why some releases come to you a little later than others) and our jobs don't leave time for much else. In the rare cases when we DO find ourselves with extra time, we make a Mid-Week release or work ahead on new functionality!
So you can see that we Developers keep pretty busy with our own stuff. That's why we have Moderators to help you and protect you in-game and Player Support to help you outside the game with account and payment issues.
Nythera, Zazul, Memet, Neveya & Lady Tomo make up the Player Support team. Their primary job is taking care of you and your account issues. They do a fantastic job and are often overlooked for all the effort that they put into making AE function.
These are the brave and tireless people who read all of your HELP MAIL so you should always GO HERE if you've been hacked or find yourself with a payment issue.
The Player Support team receives THOUSANDS of e-mails EVERY DAY and they read every single one of them, but with so much to do, they can get a little behind sometimes and can't reply to you instantly so if you have a problem, please be patient.
Reens, Stratos and their team of Moderators handle a lot of in-game issues. Everytime someone is using foul language or trying to scam or trade accounts, it is THESE heroes to quietly step in and take action to try and keep the game as fun as safe as they can, and many of these mods are volunteers. They are giving their own time to sort through reports for no reason other than they really CARE about making AQW a safe and fun place for everyone, but they need YOUR help.
If you see someone that they shouldn't be, click on their portrait and use the REPORT function to bring them to the attention of the Mods!
- A Dev's Job is making the games.
- Player Support's job is taking care of account and payment issues.
- Moderators handle mutes and bans of in-game rule breakers.
Each team has their hands full. That is why we Dev's can't help you with your account or payment issues when you ask for help over Twitter. It's not because we don't want to, it's because it's not what we do and we literally CAN'T help you in most cases.
Telling the us DEV's over Twitter about your account issues is just about as useful as telling a bowl of soup to fix your broken TV.
It's the same reason that Doctors don't put out fires, Firefighters don't pick up your garbage and Waste Workers don't do open heart surgery. They each have their own job that keeps them quite busy.
If you are having account or payment issues the best thing you can do is head to the HELP PAGE and if you ask us for help over Twitter, that is why we direct you there instead of fixing your account.
Please understand that we really do want to help you (of COURSE we do... we WANT you to play AQW!) and we all do our very best to point you in the right direction to get you back on your feet as quickly as possible. :)
I DON'T WANT TO GET HACKED!
If you don't want to lose your account there are 5 simple things that you should do.
- Pick a VERY GOOD PASSWORD. Make it hard to guess, use letters AND numbers. Avoid simple or passwords like AAAAAAA, qwerty, asdasdasd, 12345, 54321, or your character's name.
- Never share your account with anyone (even your siblings or best friend).
- Never tell anyone your password, no matter who they say they are or what they promise you. There are TONS of fake Cyseros, Alinas, Artixs and other AE fake AE staff ALL OVER Facebook and Twitter. AE STAFF WILL NEVER ASK FOR YOUR PASSWORD.
We don't need your password. We have access to all of your accounts right now.
- Hook your AQW account up to your BATTLEON PORTAL account! If something ever does happen, it's an extra level of security and helps Player Support fix your up faster.
- Never use Hacks, Cheats or Bots. Many of these programs will secretly install a trojan virus called a KEYSTROKE LOGGER on your computer. This virus records everything that you type (passwords, credit card info, which websites you visit) and sends the information back to the creators.
Tags: Hacked Help Dev Mod Player Support Twitter Cysero