September 30, 2013
We Have SO MUCH For You This Week
I'm going to keep this short, because the team has got a LOT of work to do if we're going to get everything out on time! Make sure to check out the current Reminders Design Notes post to stay up to date.
Can't handle the chaos... or so many releases!
Monday, September 30th
That is TODAY!
- Later tonight, the limited time gear in the Wheels of Doom and Destiny merge shops will be leaving... permanently. If you haven't gotten your "Skulls and Doom" or "Ancient Skulls and Doom" blades yet, now's the time!
Merge your Fortune Potions from the Wheels to create these blades!
- Check out our Pumpkin Carving Contest! Read Beleen's Design Notes for more information.
- Our Friday the 13th maps become Legend-only until December, when we have another Friday the 13th event!
Tuesday, October 1st
5th Upholder begins! Upgrade your account to get a sweet character page badge, access to FIVE Star Swords, and all the Legend-only perks you always get! (Like a free spin on the Wheel of Doom or Destiny, pets, exclusive storylines, and more!) If you already have an upgraded account and the upgrade will be active - or expires - on November 1st, then congratulations, you're already a 5th Upholder!
Legion Star Sword not pictured.
If you were an Upholder before and lost access to your Star Sword, never fear! You'll be able to go into your Book of Lore Upholder badge and access the shop to get it once more! We've had a LOT of people ask us to do this over the years, and now it is finally happening!
If you supported AQWorlds from the start as a Founder, you'll be able to access ALL of the Founder dragon pets... including this year's Green Armored and Galactic Armored Dragon pets!
Wednesday, October 2nd
Treasure Map time! Talk to Cleric Joy in Battleon to purchase a Treasure Map. Then use the clue in the item's description to find the location of the treasure hidden somewhere in-game.... and access ALL of the gear we've EVER added to the shop, plus the new Royal Dragoon set!
X marks the spot for treasure beyond measure!
Thursday, October 3rd
Run around corraling the server hamsters desperately trying to flee from the Friday insanity!
Friday, October 4th
Hang on to your helms, it's going to be a BIG release!
- Quibble's Talk Like a Pirate Day shop leaves! Last chance to get all of his awesomely piratical gear!
- The Blood Shadowcaster set arrives with the 3 month membership! If you purchase this package in October, you are automatically a 5th Upholder!
- All the previous year's Mogloween events return! Get your trick or treat ON!
- BattleMage Class releases! Memet will do a skills writeup later this week.
- Chaos War rares shop leaves... forever! (The Chaorrupted Locked Blades will NOT go rare.)
- We continue the Swordhaven Chaos Saga where we left off last week. If you haven't caught up yet, DO IT NOW! The cliffhanger ending was EVIL!
July 19, 2013
Help the Druids Defeat the Void Invasion!
Travel back into the past to battle alongside the Druids of Greenguard Forest as creatures from deep inside the Void flood into their territory! The Loremasters know little of what happened, and hope that Lore's Legendary Heroes can find out more!
Upgrade to unlock this new tale in Greenguard!
Talk to Loremaster Lydia in Greenguardwest, or /join Druids to begin the adventure! Lydia's quests require Rank 3 Loremaster Rep in order to begin; talk to Loremaster Maya in Battleontown to begin training that... and someday YOU will be the master of lore on Lore!
Each of Lydia's quests has a chance to drop elemental-themed weapons, too!
Elder Ironwood's Druid Rares Shop!
All heroes can access Elder Ironwood's Druid Rares shop from their Game Menu! Take on the appearance of an Elk Clan Druid and be at peace with the forest. All of this gear will go rare in a few weeks, so make sure you grab it now or you'll miss your chance to battle au nature-al!
Horns + helm = headgear AND weapons in one!
May 21, 2013
OverSoul infects AQWorlds!
Tuesday is here—and that means an all-new Featured Artist Showcase Shop has arrived!
If you couldn’t tell by my glaringly obvious Design Notes title, this week is dedicated to everyone’s favorite Archfiend of Oversoul, Nulgath! As the mortal enemy of Dage the Evil, Nulgath has unleashed his own collection of ALL-RARE killer armors, weapons, capes, and more to show Dage where the REAL artistic talent lies.
Nulgath's Shop includes:
- Duality of Nulgath set - 600 ACs
- Celestial Evolution Staff - 150 ACs
- Fiendish Face - 75 ACs
- Serene Countenance - 75 ACs
- Bright Wings - 100 ACs
- Fiendish Wings - 100 ACs
- Prime Bloodletter Blade of Nulgath - 2,000 ACs (color-custom)*
- Dual Vital Bloodletters of Nulgath - 250 ACs
- Vital Bloodletters of Nulgath Cape - 100 ACs
- ArchFiend's Sneer Helm - 150 ACs
- Icy Predator Pet - 300 ACs
- Double Stealthy Crossbow - 200 ACs
- Golden Rune Cape - 100 ACs
* Includes a quest to farm Diamonds/Uni 13s/weapon.
- Broodfiend of Nulgath armor - 45,000 gold (Member only)
- Vital Bloodletter of Nulgath - 25,000 gold (Member only)
- Light's Defender Spear and Shield - 20,000 gold (Member only)
- Valiant Defender Battle Pet - 25,000 gold (Member only)
- ArchFiend's Sneer Helm - 15,000 gold (Member only)
- Stealth Crossbow - 17,500 gold (Member only)
- Ruby Rune Cape - 5,000 gold (Member only)
- Golden Rune Cape - 5,000 gold (Member only)
- Victor's Dual Glory Blades - 20,000 gold (Member only)
- Fiendish Spy Pet - 15,000 gold (Member only)
- Victor's Glory Blade - 15,000 gold
- Undead Gutter - 15,000 gold
- Emerald Rune Cape - 5,000 gold
- Sapphire Rune Cape - 5,000 gold
All of the items in Nulgath’s Artist Showcase Shop will go permanently rare—they will NEVER be offered again—so if you wanna own a piece of history (or like 27), you better stock up today!
As the former Master to Dage the Evil, Nulgath is the General of the Great Abyss, looming over the battle-hungry souls of OverSoul. Nulgath has appeared in many forms under many names, but his current evolution is quite pleasing to him …even if his appearance does strike fear into all those who gaze upon him!
Outside AQWorlds and OverSoul, Nulgath’s real-world artistic inspirations stemmed from Conan the Barbarian book covers and fantasy art at an early age/level. Back then, Nulgath was known as “Miltonius” and was contacted by Artix about doing a short film for DragonFable. That movie, Artix vs. The Undead, is AMAZING and incredibly popular and ZOMG if you haven’t seen it you NEED to right now!
After the world(wideweb) was blown away by his film, Miltonius joined forces with Artix in February 2006. Miltonius started off as a Game Clerk, leveled up to Animator, and completed his evolution into Nulgath the OverSoul Game Developer. Nulgath praises the positive enthusiasm Artix Entertainment brings to every project and looks forward to another 7 years of awesome developments for an awesome game development company =D
October 10, 2012
Play AQWorlds' 3rd Birthday Event with TMBG...
Before it goes rare FOREVER! The entire TMBG event leaves this Friday, October 12th when we release the AQWorlds 4th birthday event. Now is your last chance to blast through the bounds of Space and Time with titanic musical guests They Might Be Giants to take down the Collector, the deadliest rare-item hunter of them all!
One of the highlights of the 3rd Birthday event is the Vindicator of They Class, which you can either purchase from Itzachi in Battleon for 2,000 Adventure Coins or through saving up Tokens of Vindication.
/Equip your most Collectible gear and play before this epic event is gone for good:
- The Vindicators of They AC and Token sets!
- Tokens of Vindication Merge Shop!
- Super-Fan Swag Merge Shop!
- It Might Be A House Item Shop!
- A 1 Hour EXP Boost!
- 3 awesome cutscenes!
- 10 storyline quests!
- Many side quests and hidden quests!
(Be sure to click ALL over the map to find these secret quests!)
- 5 member-only bonus quests in the Member-only Lab map!
- Member and non-member daily quests!
- Quests for EVERY FACTION released before the event. (Rewards 5,000 Rep each!)
- Character page and Book of Lore achievements!
- And TWO ALL-NEW TMBG song written JUST for AQWorlds!
March 04, 2011
Nythera is to wed Ryuuji the Half-Dragon Elf… and you’re invited!
Love is in the air! Nythera the Half-Dragon Purple Mage is tying the knot in real life and in game!
This is a very special release for everyone here at the lab and all of our friends… including you! We couldn’t possibly be more excited to see the head of AE Player Support getting married to her life-long friend, Ryuuji. Morale is at an all time high!
Although their love is ever-lasting in real life... Nythera in game isn’t exactly excited about the marriage… because it was pre-arranged by her parents from birth! During tonight’s release, it will be up to you and your friends to save the big day and become part of AQW History!
Travel deep within the Void to never-before-seen areas and help Nythera find a loophole in her wedding contract. Brand new Void monsters can be found patrolling this unexplored landscape along with bunches of new quests, new zone music, amazing cutscenes, and—of course—new items!
Did you say... NEW ITEMS!?!?!!
Not only are the Void baddies loaded with drops, the Event Rare shop in the Void Temple has some of the most AWESOME items we’ve ever seen! Some are Member only, some are ACs, and some can be obtained by everyone who joins (or crashes!) the wedding ceremony!
There are 18 Event Rare Items in the shop that are up for grabs. Dage the Evil, Xyo, J6, and Lodarazs really went above and beyond making these spectacular armors, helms, capes, and weapons for you to show off during Nythera’s special day. As Event Rares, these items will only be available for a limited time, so make sure you get these items before the Event closes next Friday!
Speaking of Limited Time…
Dage the Evil’s birthday was on Wednesday! He has a special shop in Battleon that is selling some of his personal items, including that Dark Caster Armor that EVERYONE loves!
This shop will be leaving this Monday, March 7th, so make sure you get these items before they go RARE. And since Dage IS evil… I don’t think he’ll be releasing these items ever again.
On behalf of the Team...
The entire Staff at Artix Entertainment wants to wish Nythera and Ryuuji many happy years of eternal bliss! Our warmest wishes go out to the newly-wedded couple… and also to you! We want to thank you for making AdventureQuest Worlds possible!! =D
Really, it is because of you that we are able to create this game and host one-of-a-kind events like this one. Whether you helped by upgrading to Member, making suggestions, supported us by getting AdventureCoins, squashed bugs, clicked on ads, tested new features, or helped your fellow players on the forums -- you are the reason this game is online for everyone to enjoy!
Thank you! And Marriage ON!