April 04, 2012
Congratulations to Knave1, our ICHM winner!
Strong. Upright. An Undeadslayer feared by anything afraid of the Light. Knave1! THAT is who Cysero and I met this morning when we spoke with Knave1, our latest I Can Has Mod winner.
Fun story: This morning rolled around and we still had NO email from the winner. On the off-chance that his luck was in, Cysero checked Knave1's account and saw he was logged in RIGHT THAT SECOND.
It was really fun to /rockout with him!
We jumped in-game and saw Knave1 just chilling in /yulgar, looking quite heroic. He stood there, staring straight ahead, obviously focusing really hard on... something. We spoke to him, waited, got nothing. We decided to give him 10 minutes, and then pick another winner.
With FOUR minutes left on the clock, he came back from AFKing and was more than a little surprised to find us there. When we asked what he was doing for so long, he gave us the awesomest answer possible for someone marked AFK: playing DragonFable! MUCH funner than, say, making a sandwich or cleaning the toilet.
So, you ask, what was his wish, and who will he hang out with?
Good questions! Knave1 has chosen to become an NPC in a one-week storyline of his own creation that EVERYONE can play! He is King Alteon's personal UndeadSlayer, and he will need YOUR help to defeat a massive Undead God and close the portal to his Death Realm.
The Final Cheezburger (I hope you still have yours!) will turn into the GodSlayer armor, crafted by Dage the Evil! And to top it all off, Knave1 will be hanging out with Artix, the ultimate UndeadSlayer, and getting temporary modship for a few hours! His storyline will take a bit of time to create, so look for it in a few weeks!
J6 In-Game Livestream - Today at 4pm EST
Log in today at 4pm server time to see J6 draw in our latest in-game livestream art event! While you watch, send him suggestions by replying to my Twitter account, @alina_ae! The item will be put into a shop after the event so you can wield what J6 has crafted!
Character Data Import Cancelled
We've been getting some questions recently about the progress of importing Character Data from AQ/DF/MQ. (In which you could get the items your character owns in DF/MQ/AQ inside AQW.) We talked about that feature back in 2008, when AQWorlds was an baby MMO cutting its metaphorical game-teeth on Zardman Grunt spears and Horc Warrior weapons.
Since then, we've been working on the process for that behind the scenes, but discovered that there are technical issues that make it impossible. It was something we were hoping to do and tried our hardest to introduce, but the different game systems just weren't designed for that kind of cooperation. Even with the Master Account linking. (Because the games all have different art styles and file setups, we'd need to re-create each of those items in AQW's style and format).
As sad as it makes us - because it would have been REALLY cool - we are officially announcing that after years of trying, we're going to have to finally lay the plan to rest. We know a few of you were really excited about this possible feature, but unfortunately, sometimes plans have to change. But we've got a lot of other things to spend our time on, like Guilds and new tradeskills, things that we CAN get in-game with a reasonable amount of effort and time.
More Treasure Chest Drops!
Vikings! Valkyries! War death LOOT! Who doesn't love the smell of war in the morning? With this epically awesome Nordic Warrior armor, just one of the new treasure chest loot drops we're adding on Friday, you'll look intimidating enough to scare the armor off your oppenents!
April 02, 2012
We've got a LOT coming up!
RAWR! We are so PUMPED for this month; we've got so many release plans and they all start this Wednesday! So lets get straight to what you guys can expext this week, and then for the rest of the month!
Coming this week:
Everyone's favorite boxing rabbit (at least, we're pretty sure it's a rabbit...) is back with a stash full of seasonal loot and an awesome boss fight! If you haven't joined us for our annual Grenwog event before, here's the breakdown of our Spring-Bunny-Egg themed holiday event:
In honor of Doomwood Pt 2 coming, we've made
the member-only Mini Grenlich pet!
- Egg hunt all over Lore with Cabdury the Bunny
- Backpack of Eggs and Vorpal Bunny pet w/ quests
- Grenwog boss battle
- Member-only Mini Grenlich pet (drops from the Grenwog boss)
- Return of previous years' seasonal rares
- New Grenwog gear like the Grenwog Slayer armor!
Aegis' Member-only Grenwog Slayer armor!
April Pet o' the Month - Armored Battle Lamb!
Careful, it'll bleat you to death baaa-dly! This member-only battle pet looks delicious but is really ferocious!
Great for ramming ewe-r opponents in baaa-ttle!
Also this week:
- Dage is working on some epic new loot for the Treasure Chest drops!
- Solrac is crafting some amazing armors for the Player Suggestion Shop!
- There will be NO mid-week release this week. Sorry guys! Cysero's hard at work on next week's Friday the 13th event with Voltaire!
- The first of FIVE weeks of in-game Artist Livestream events (one artist a week)! Log in on Wednesday at 4pm server time to see J6 draw an all-new item from your suggestions over Twitter!
Leaving this week:
- The Rares shop from The Magic Thief: Chaos in your Veins event leaves tonight!
- Cysero takes AQW back from EbilCorp at some point tomorrow!
- Lucky Fair leaves for another year on April 16th!
- The Limited Quantity Shop leaves Monday, April 9th (or once everything is sold out)!
Zard Rider armors are still in stock, but once they're gone, they're gone FOREVER!
Coming in April:
- Friday the 13th! Voltaire, Deady, and Evil Inter-dimensional Bunnies!
- Doomwood Part 2: The Blinding Light of Destiny! Artix returns to the AQW team to release an expansion to last Summer's blockbuster Doomwood zone!
Doomwood Part 2: Blinding Light of Destiny
will reach out and grab your attention!
- Our next tradeskill will be ALCHEMY! This minigame is a lot more involved than fishing and takes a fair bit of timing and skill to balance the different components. With 16 potion ingredients, you'll be able to create a wide range of extra-effective elixirs, tonics, and draughts! No release date yet, but Dumoose is hard at work!
Magic + Science = Alchemy! (Alina + Lim = BOOM!)
- In case you haven't heard, we've made action figures! Artix and Sepulchure are sitting in the War Room as we speak, and we're preparing to launch them - and their rare BLACK variants - soon! We don't have an exact release date, but as soon as we do, we'll be sure to let you all know!
Don't worry, we're not toying with you. They'll really release!
Artix (normal or black variant) figures come with:
- Paladin's Castle In-game House
- Paladin High Lord Class
- Palaldin High Lord Armor
- Artix's Helm (Legendary item!)
- High Lord's Battleaxe of Destiny
- Paladin High Lord Character Page Achievement
- FIVE original cards to modify your AQW Battle Card deck! (different from Seppy's toy's cards)
Sepulchure (normal or black variant) figures come with:
- DoomKnight's Fortress In-game House
- DoomKnight Overlord Class
- DoomKnight Overlord Armor
- Sepulchure's Helm (Legendary item!)
- Overlord's DoomBlade
- DoomKnight Overlord Character Page Achievement
- FIVE original cards to modify your AQW Battle Card deck! (different from Artix toy's cards)
These will be available in Toys R Us in the United States and on HeroMart shortly after that. I'm sad to say that I STILL have no fixed release date for you, but I keep getting told "Late April, Early May".
Have a great Monday, everyone! The Magic Thief rares will leave later tonight, so get your gear while you can!