February 18, 2014
Hundreds of amazing entries were submitted to the 2014 House Depot Contest. Over 500 submissions were judged, and we can finally announce the best-of-the-best!
Everyone who participated in the competition (so long as you didn’t cheat!) will receive a 2014 House Depot Badge for your AQWorlds Character Page. Head to Artix.com to see all the winners—and their absolutely amazing entries!
And at Midnight tonight…
The time has come for the TimeDragon Warrior! Read all about this new Armor Set below, or stay tuned later tonight for Alina’s post.
January 15, 2014
Unleash Your Inner Architect!
Are you an inspiring interior decorator or architect? Do you have a passion for designing new houses and decorating them with classy items? Do you want to see YOUR sweet home-sweet-home creation in AdventureQuest Worlds? Then this is THE contest for you!
House Depot is our first contest where YOU get to create a House and/or House Item. And you even get to describe it, too! Read all the rules below and then put your thinking cap atop your hard hat—and your friends are more than welcome to help design your masterpiece, too!
The Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive:
- Their House and/or House Item created in AQWorlds
Runner-ups will receive:
- Character Page Badge
Additional prizes may be awarded for those who go above and beyond!
A Tight Deadline
House Depot contest:
- Begins Thursday, January 16, 2014
- Ends Thursday, January 23, 2014
- All entries MUST be submitted to @AQWcontest Twitter page before 11:59pm EST (server time) on 1/23/14
This is the most important part of the whole post. Read all the rules below BEFORE entering your submission. Because if you don’t, then you’ll be disqualified, and that is totally lame. Follow EACH rule if you want your entry to be considered eligible.
- Draw, Paint, Blueprint, Sketch, Flash, 3D Print, or Sculpt a House and/or a House Item. Get creative!
- You CAN create more than 1 design, BUT you MUST include all creations in ONE photo submission. This way nothing gets lost! =D
- Your House and/or House Item MUST BE created by YOU. No stealing a photo off of Google. ‘Cuz we will find out.
- You may also include an item description
- Item descriptions should be NO LONGER than 50 words
- Write description next to your drawing, or on a piece of paper next to your entry (so long as we can read it), or try to fit it into your Twitter tweet
- Protip: Entries with item descriptions are more likely to win!!
- You ARE ALLOWED to team up with your friend(s) to help create your House and/or House Item.
- You can create your entry by yourself, or get the help from fellow friends.
- If one of you wants to draw and one of you wants to write the description, that is fine! Just make sure you list eveyone who helps with the entry!
- Everyone involved will be noted and awarded accordingly =)
- Your House/House Item entry MUST include your AQW Character Name, or all the AQW Character Names of everyone involved.
- Date your entry “January 2014”. Hooray for timestamps!
- Submit your House Depot Contest entry between Thursday, January 16, and Thursday, January 23, to www.twitter.com/AQWcontest
Quick Checklist before submitting your entry
- Eligible House and/or House Item for AQWorlds
- Item Description alongside your House and/or House Item (optional, but ups your chances of winning!)
- AQW Character Name(s) included
- January 2014 somewhere on entry
- Upload photo to @AQWcontest
And there you have it! Best of luck, and the AQWorlds team cannot wait to see what you and your friends come up with =D