January 08, 2015
Witness the Wintery Winners of the 2014 Holiday Art Contest
Hiya, heroes! I hope you’re staying nice & warm as we (snow)storm on into the New Year 2015. #BundleUp
I am excited to report that we have finally chosen our winners for the 2014 Happy Holidays and Season’s Beatings Art Contest! With over 450 entries to go through, the AQW team COULD NOT have done it all without the help from our wonderful Mods and Volunteers! Be sure to Tweet a BIG WARM THANK YOU to:
Without further ado, click here to see all of our wonderful wintery winners of the 2014 Holiday Art Contest!
Thank you EVERYONE who participated in this contest. You guys and gals are what make AQWorlds the best MMO game in the whole world (wide web)! Even if you didn’t win a prize, we look forward to your participation in our future events. =)
Due to the magnitude of this contest, it will take some time to award all the winners with their AdventureCoins prizes and Character Page Badges. We appreciate your patience, as we have to manually add each award one by one!
On behalf of the entire AQ Worlds team, we couldn’t be more proud to have so many talented artists being part of the game that we all know and love. Thank you SO MUCH for making AdventureQuest Worlds the best game—and best community!—that we can home!
Battle on my loves!
December 17, 2014
Game Changing Release: WorldBreaker Rising
A whole new AQ Worlds begins! The Queen of Monsters obliterates an entire continent to build her fortress. Rally your friends & BATTLE ON! Read more here.
Lineup of Frostval Shops in December 2014
Jingle bells, Quibble sells rare items in the game; 12/19 & 12/30 there’ll be new items for you to claim! 12/23 begins Limited Quantity Shop, too!
12 Days of Gifts & Holiday Boosts
Log in each day for a new FREE gift when you talk to Tinsel in Battleon! Earn double Gold, XP, Rep, and CP boosts over the holiday weekends. More info can be found here.
Play our New Mobile Game, AQ: DRAGONS!
How do you train your dragon? Raise 12 dragons in our new free game. AQ: DRAGONS is available on Google Play and iOS; coming soon to web! GET IT HERE, DRAGON MASTER!
New Holiday Art Contest: Enter Today!
Happy Holidays and Seasons Beatings! A new holiday contest has begun and we want YOU to create AQW-themed art. Click here for full details.
Bundle up and Battle ON!
xoxo Beleen =D
December 15, 2014
“Holiday Greetings and Seasons Beatings!”
Happy Holidays, heroes! A new contest has just started @AQWcontest!
For this contest, we want you to create an AQW-themed Holiday graphic! You CAN USE in-game art or create your own artwork from scratch. You can draw or paint or sculpt or even BAKE your Holiday creation—so long as you follow the rules below!
2014 Holiday Contest Rules
- Only ONE entry per Player, please! But you CAN team-up with your friends!
- Your entry MUST have the www.AQ.com logo somewhere on it (click here for the full sized PNG to use)
- Create a Holiday image using AdventureQuest Worlds characters, moglins, monsters, NPCs, backgrounds, and/or anything else you can think of, so long as it’s AQW-related AND focuses on the overarching theme of “Holiday Greetings” and/or “Seasons Beatings!”
- For this contest, you can create your own original artwork, and/or use in-game art as well! You can Draw, Paint, Flash, Photoshop, 3D Print, Sculpt, Bake/Decorate, Comic-strip, Cosplay, make a Stuffed Animal, create an ornament, or whatever else your creative mind wants!
- Tracing IS allowed, so long as you’re just tracing AQW art.
- DO NOT steal and DO NOT copy/trace copyright images, graphics from other video games, and other players’ artwork (or you WILL be disqualified)!
- Your Holiday entry must include your AQW Character name in addition to the www.AQ.com logo. (If you teamed up with your friends, make sure to include their AQW name(s))
- Type your AQWorlds Character Name in your Tweet BEFORE submitting.
- Include hashtag #AQW in your Tweet BEFORE submitting.
- And after following ALL THE RULES above, submit your awesome AQW Holiday entry to @AQWcontest Twitter at https://twitter.com/aqwcontest
Holiday Contest Timeframe
- Begins December 15, 2014
- Ends Sunday, January 4, 2015
- All entries MUST be submitted to @AQWcontest Twitter page before 11:59pm EST (server time) on 1/4/2015
Gifts, Prizes, and Holiday Tidings
Due to the open-ended nature of this contest, it’s hard for us to designate a defined prize list at this time. We WILL award AdventureCoins to those Holiday entries we pick, and as always we reserve the right to award those who go above-and-beyond. And we KNOW you LOVE Character Page Badges, so we’ll award the winning selections with the “Seasons Beatings” Contest Art badge AFTER the contest has finished.
Holiday Ideas and Inspiration!
Need helping coming up with a theme for your entry? Click here and check out some ideas to get those creative juices flowing! (This is also where we will post winning entries throughout the entire contest!)
Quick Holiday Checklist
Check off each thing below BEFORE submitting to @AQWcontest to ensure your entry is eligible to win =)
- AQW holiday-themed contest entry
- www.AQ.com logo on your entry
- Your AQW character name on your entry
- In your Tweet, type your AQW character name
- Use #AQW in your Tweet
- Upload your holiday entry photo to your Tweet
- Tweet your entry to @AQWcontest !
And there you have it! Best of luck my holiday heroes, and the entire AQW team looks forward to seeing your holiday entries!
Bundle up and Battle On!
xoxo Beleen =D
December 10, 2014
New Release: Hunt for the Winter's Heart Hoard
Rumor has it that a treasure trove of unfathomable riches awaits brave heroes, but no one has ever returned... Can YOU claim ALL the glory?
Bonebreaker Adventure Map Updates
AQW’s first ever Adventure Pack, Bonebreak Berserker, receives its highly anticipated full update: new map, new battles, Armor sets, & much more!
Limited Time Shop: Tundra Stalker Armor Set
Listen up Rare Item Hunters! The rare Tundra Stalker arrives this Friday in the Limited Time Shop. Claim these Rare Items until Thurs. Dec. 18!
Next Week: AQW’s NEW Main Storyline
The 13 Lords of Chaos were ONLY the beginning! When the WorldBreaker rises, the fabled Ancients will return to power & forever change the world!
December 05, 2013
Battle Om Nom Nom!
Arm thy spatula! Equip your cooking apron! And start your ovens! It’s time for the 2013 Artix Entertainment Creative Cookie (and various holiday dessert) Contest!
Victory is sweet.
Cookies are sweeter.
Winning the Cookie Contest is the sweetest!
Over the past few years, this highly-anticipated highly-caloric contest has delivered a scrumptious surge of cookies, cakes, pies, brownies, cupcakes, rice krispies, and various holiday confectionary treats all created in an Artix Entertainment theme.
From Moglin muffins to Book of Lore brownies to NPC character cupcakes to ginger bread Guardian Towers to Cysero cakes and—OMG there are just waaaay too many to list! So feast your eyes on previous years’ winners and get a sugar-rush inspiration =D
So who wants to have their cake and eat it too… AND have a chance at winning epic prizes? Well OF COURSE you do!
Your Just Desserts (The Prizes)
Along with an endless amount of internet fame (and consumed calories), the Grand Prize Winner(s) will receive an exclusive Sword, Helm, and Cape!
Runner Ups will receive a Helm and Cape, and all other honorable mentions will receive a Helm. These item rewards are ONLY available to those who win—so everyone in the (AQ)world will KNOW that YOU won the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest =D
How the Cookie Crumbles (The Rules)
This contest will range from NOW until 11:59pm Server Time (also EST) on Tuesday, December 31st. The winners will be announced next year.
HAHA! Yes, technically it will be January 2014 by the time we view all the entries and tally up the winners =) We'll keep you updated, no worries there my friends.
The rules and guidelines are short ‘n sweet but MUST be followed exactly for your edible entry to be eligible. I repeat, in boldface and in red font, ‘cuz a lot of people miss this: YOU must follow EACH rule if you want your entry to be considered eligible.
The easiest way to make sure your hard work gets judged: Read all of the rules before submitting your entry! Simple, yeah? Let’s get started!
• Your dessert MUST be created by YOU. Do not copy someone else’s hard work. That, my friend, is called cheating, and you will be disqualified for it.
• Include an index card/piece of paper/ icing signature that says your AQW Character Name AND 2013 alongside your tasty treat. This way we really know it’s made by you! And NO, photoshopping your name onto your picture DOES NOT COUNT, and you will be disqualified if you do.
• Your dessert MUST be created in some sort of Artix Entertainment theme. Create anything you want from AQW, EpicDuel, OverSoul, BladeHaven, DragonFable, BattleGems, MechQuest, AdventureQuest, Pony vs Pony, HeroSmash, or WarpForce! If we cannot tell what it is from our games, you will not be qualified.
• Your canvas must be an edible holiday dessert, like a cookie, cake, pie, brownie, ice cream, cupcake, or pastry. Mmmm, get creative!
• The photo of your dessert should be of the Highest Quality. The more clear the picture, the better and tastier it will look, upping your chance at winning the Grand Prize!
• Post your VALID link to your dessert photo on the AQWContest Twitter at www.twitter.com/AQWContest
Have Your Cake and Eat It Too (Enter the Contest!)
Now that you have read all the rules (as all smart cookies do), you’re ready to enter the 2013 Creative Cookie Contest!
Your friendly Artix Entertainment family is really looking forward to seeing all of your tasty treats and delectable desserts! There is only one way to win—and it starts by entering this contest!
Best of luck to you all =D And remember to take a photo of your cookie creation BEFORE you Battle Om Nom Nom!!
December 23, 2010
Tis the season for... ADVENTURE
Frostval is finally here friends! ...and you know what that means? Presents! New adventures! DOOOOOM? An infamous super villain has just returned to destroy the spirit of Frostval. Will you draw your weapon and open your spellbook to save this magical season? (What if we told you that your presents were at stake?) To make this adventure unique, you must choose whether to be naughty…. or nice… on your quests. Different “Good” and “Evil” options will present themselves as you help save Frostval from a very, very, very naughty not-so-little boy.
Showing the spirit of Frostval.... literally!
New Quibble Items
Everyone’s favorite traveling sales moglin is in Battleon—and he’s staying put until the new year! He’s got 3 new RARE lunar eclipse-themed weapons in addition to his 27 Frostval goodies. No one knows if Quibble’s items will ever return, so make sure you get his gifts while you can!
Holly Knight? ... where is the Silent Knight?
Gifts in Battleon!
It looks like Santy Claws came early this year! Members: get your 5 wrapped presents from the giant red bag in Battleon! These presents will magically open at the start of the new year… including a CLASS. That’s right—not an armor, but an actual Class! The Frostval seasonal shop has also made its way to town, loaded with 2010 Frostval Seasonal Rares!
Make sure to talk to that little adorable purple Moglin in Battleon too. That’s Tinsel and she has 2 quests you can go on to get 3 additional presents! These too will open at the start of the new year.
Gingerbread House and new House Items
Get your very own seasonal rare Gingerbread house in Blizzy's House Shop after you have saved Frostval! He…she… well I don’t exactly know what gender Blizzy is… but Blizzy also has a few festive house items to decorate your humble abode with.
Don’t forget that there are seven new houses in the Centaur 21 Realty shop, too. Visit Penny the Centaur by joining the buyhouse map. Here is your chance to upgrade your current home to the Skyguard Cruiser, the Volcanic Cave, the Cloister Tree House, and more!
Creative Cookie Winners
Yum! This has been our tastiest contest yet! The winners to the 2nd Annual Creative Dessert Contest have been announced. With so many delectable entries, it was too hard to pick just one winner… so instead we picked A BUNCH. Congratulations and thanks to everyone who participated!
Check out the winners!
Remember guys and gals, this was a contest. We had over 300 entries to go through and we really wish we could have made everyone a winner. But it is a contest afterall! But... you know what? You still won something: you got to eat your own delish creation =D And we look forward to seeing your participation in future contests! There is only one way to win--and that's to keep on tryin'!
HeroSmash: Special Holiday Items
If you are a Member of AQworlds, you can partipate in the Alpha of our new MMO, HeroSmash! While still in testing, the guys working on the new game added new Holiday themed hero-items (rare?) that you should grab while you still can.
Happy Frostval and a Epic New Year!
On behalf of the entire AQWorlds team we would like to wish you and your family a warm, fun and safe holiday. We would also like to thank you for making this, and all of our other weekly releases possible. The team and I are very grateful for the opportunity to pour all of or love and passion into AdventureQuest Worlds. Whether you became member, viewed ads, purchased AdventureCoins, raided HeroMart, or aided other players in-game and on the forums... thank you. If you liked what we did this year, we are taking it to a whole new level next year! (which is just a few short days O_O)