August 24, 2012
Return to Shadowfall
The Empress Strikes Back!
Together, Good and Evil form the Alliance, but as Chaos continues its attack on Lore, it does not move fast enough for Empress Gravelyn! She has grown tired of waiting for King Alteon to order the attack on Chaos. Tonight, she summons you to Shadowfall to test your loyalty. Will you serve Evil and help the Empress save Lore from Chaos... and then rule it? Or will you remain steadfastly Good?
You'll need to adventure all over Lore, fulfilling the tasks General Tibias and General Cynari set you in Gravelyn's name. Journey all throughout Shadowfall and then to Yokai, Poisonforest, Lair, and Swordhaven!
Your Choice is Final!
At the end of the first cutscene, you will need to choose between Good and Evil... and you cannot change your mind once it has been made! The quests you go on, the cutscenes you watch, and the rewards shop you unlock are all based on the choice you make tonight. Think hard, Hero, because you are deciding how you will interact with Empress Gravelyn for the rest of this storyline!
Evil Allegiance Rewards:
- Hand of Destruction Armor and Helm
- The Obfuscated One Armor
- Blades of Atrocity
- Dark Stabbers
- Red Gummi Pet
- Pink Gummi Pet
Good Allegiance Rewards:
- Hand of Destiny Armor and Helm
- The Illuminated One Armor
- Blades of Excellence
- Golden Star
- Green Gummi Pet
- Blue Gummi Pet
New Time-Travel Gear in Quibble's Shop!
Talk to Quibble in Battleon to see his ALL-NEW Chrono Tripper Armor set and the swankiest, steampunkiest TopHats Lore has ever seen!
- Chrono Tripper's Armor
- Chrono Tripper's Helms: Mask, Respirator, Voice Chamber
- Overclocked and Overgeared Tophat Helms
- Punky Bowler and Intrepid Explorer
- Googles and Locks Helm
- Steamed Goggles Helm
- Jaunty and Tilted Shorthats
Confirm your email to get Power Gems!
If you don’t have the AQW Newsletter, and cannot find it using the above methods, chances are your email is not confirmed! It’s really simple to Confirm your Email, just follow these steps:
- Go to the Account Manager
- Login to the Account Management Login
- If your Email Status is Confirmed, then you are receiving the weekly AQW Newsletters! Yay!
- If your Email Status is Unconfirmed, click on Resend Email
- You will then see: "Confirmation email has been successfully sent to your email address."
- Now, go check your email. Should only take a few minutes to reach your inbox. Once you receive the email message from AdventureQuest Worlds MMORPG with the subject =AQW= AdventureQuest Worlds Confirmation, follow the instructions in the email and click the link that confirms you are the owner of the account. Once your email address is confirmed, you will see the message: "Success! Congratulations your email address has been confirmed and your account is now activated. Check the homepage for news about the game. Notice: Email Confirmed Successfully!"
One more week for the Matomy AExtras Contest!
Our AExtras offer with Matomy is still running! You have until September 2nd to complete at least one offer. The grand prize is a combo pack of the black Artix and Sepulchure action figures! You can also win either 3,000 or 4,500 ACs!
Click here to begin participating in AExtras offers! (Make sure you have a separate email just for doing this.)
WHAT THE?!?!?! Story Questions!
It's already been asked by a lot of you guys, so here are some answers to your release questions:
- This does NOT take place after Doomwood. Gravelyn has not learned what you do in Doomwood Part II. (So don't tell her!)
- Stealing candy, betraying villagers, and undeadifying puppies is mean. But you're Evil, so it works out well.
- To slay the Shadow Munchers, head down the hall to your left. They're in the room with the Shadowy Beings.
- Join Poisonforest to slay the bandits.
- ANY monster with Chaos or Chaorrupted in its name will drop the Chaos Gems to get the Chaos Slayer armor!
- If you do not see the Chaos Slayer quest available, that will be fixed on Monday.
- YES, your choice is final. IF you choose to ally with Empress Gravelyn, for the remainder of this storyline, you're Evil. It works the same way for Good/Alteon, too.
Meet the AQW Staff List
If you haven't checked out the Lorepedia recently, Beleen's added an AQW Staff List here so you can see the team that makes the game! Get to know the game developers, moderators, and support staff who make sure you have an AEsome time playing AQWorlds!
Coming Next Week: Dragon*Con and Clerics!
Most of the crew at the Lab and some of our off-site staff are all meeting up at Dragon*Con in Atlanta, Georgia! If you're in the area, come meet us!
- Artix Entertainment ALL GAMES Panel: Saturday @ 5:30pm at the Hilton in Grand Salon E!
- Fan Table: We are taking turns running it all weekend. Located... um... wherever all the cool fan tables are.
Because it's a SHOOOOOORT week, we'll be working on the Cleric release this weekend. What secrets does this squeaky-clean Order hide? You'll have to find out next Friday!