|HeroMart | Player Suggestion | Facebook | TWEET: Artix | Alina | Memet | Beleen
“Holiday Greetings and Seasons Beatings!”
Happy Holidays, heroes! A new contest has just started @AQWcontest!
Holiday Greetings and Seasons Beatings Contest
For this contest, we want you to create an AQW-themed Holiday graphic! You CAN USE in-game art or create your own artwork from scratch. You can draw or paint or sculpt or even BAKE your Holiday creation—so long as you follow the rules below!
2014 Holiday Contest Rules
- Only ONE entry per Player, please! But you CAN team-up with your friends!
- Your entry MUST have the www.AQ.com logo somewhere on it (click here for the full sized PNG to use)
- Create a Holiday image using AdventureQuest Worlds characters, moglins, monsters, NPCs, backgrounds, and/or anything else you can think of, so long as it’s AQW-related AND focuses on the overarching theme of “Holiday Greetings” and/or “Seasons Beatings!”
- For this contest, you can create your own original artwork, and/or use in-game art as well! You can Draw, Paint, Flash, Photoshop, 3D Print, Sculpt, Bake/Decorate, Comic-strip, Cosplay, make a Stuffed Animal, create an ornament, or whatever else your creative mind wants!
- Tracing IS allowed, so long as you’re just tracing AQW art.
- DO NOT steal and DO NOT copy/trace copyright images, graphics from other video games, and other players’ artwork (or you WILL be disqualified)!
- Your Holiday entry must include your AQW Character name in addition to the www.AQ.com logo. (If you teamed up with your friends, make sure to include their AQW name(s))
- Type your AQWorlds Character Name in your Tweet BEFORE submitting.
- Include hashtag #AQW in your Tweet BEFORE submitting.
- And after following ALL THE RULES above, submit your awesome AQW Holiday entry to @AQWcontest Twitter at https://twitter.com/aqwcontest
Holiday Contest Timeframe
- Begins December 15, 2014
- Ends Sunday, January 4, 2015
- All entries MUST be submitted to @AQWcontest Twitter page before 11:59pm EST (server time) on 1/4/2015
Gifts, Prizes, and Holiday Tidings
Due to the open-ended nature of this contest, it’s hard for us to designate a defined prize list at this time. We WILL award AdventureCoins to those Holiday entries we pick, and as always we reserve the right to award those who go above-and-beyond. And we KNOW you LOVE Character Page Badges, so we’ll award the winning selections with the “Seasons Beatings” Contest Art badge AFTER the contest has finished.
Holiday Ideas and Inspiration!
Need helping coming up with a theme for your entry? Click here and check out some ideas to get those creative juices flowing! (This is also where we will post winning entries throughout the entire contest!)
Quick Holiday Checklist
Check off each thing below BEFORE submitting to @AQWcontest to ensure your entry is eligible to win =)
- AQW holiday-themed contest entry
- www.AQ.com logo on your entry
- Your AQW character name on your entry
- In your Tweet, type your AQW character name
- Use #AQW in your Tweet
- Upload your holiday entry photo to your Tweet
- Tweet your entry to @AQWcontest !
And there you have it! Best of luck my holiday heroes, and the entire AQW team looks forward to seeing your holiday entries!
Bundle up and Battle On!
xoxo Beleen =D
Tags: Beleen contest Holiday Greetings Seasons Beatings Art Christmas Holiday Winter
Do You Have What It Take To Do Art For AQW?
Think you've got the skills and talent to do art and animation for AQW? Here's your chance!
AQW is losing two of its greatest artists, Mennace and Aegis. Both are leaving for different reasons but both are leaving on good terms, we're sad to see them go and we hope that the fates allow them to return someday.
Meanwhile, this leaves AQW a little shorthanded in the art and animation department and we are looking for a few great AQW fans to become volunteer assistant developers, and hopefully, if things work out in the future, full time staff members of AE.
So we want to see what YOU can do!
Here is what we are looking for:
- Experienced animators.
- Experienced/Talented/Skilled Background / Environment Artists.
- Artists who can mimic the AQW style.
- Artists who have experience with Adobe Flash.
We will be looking at your AQW account history to make sure that you have a clean record. We are looking for artists who are mature, responsible, excited about contributing to AQW, willing to take criticism and make changes accordingly. We would like a few people to help with art for monsters, armors, and items but We are ESPECIALLY looking for animators and someone who can match J6's background / environment.
Here is what you need to do:
- 1. Send an e-mail to AQWARTISTS@BATTLEON.COM with the subject line AQW ARTIST APPLICATION
If your e-mails subject line says anything except AQW ARTIST APPLICATION then the filters will automatically delete it. Reading comprehension is good.
- Include your real name, age (16 minimum), and country of residence.
- Include your AQW Game account name and email address
- Include your Master Account name and email address tied to the master account.
- Include your Forum account name and email address if you have a forum account.
- Include all Languages you speak/read.
- Include a Resume (C.V. ) *please note we'd like the resume in English.
- Include links to your online art portfolio or attach examples of your art. (please note that we're not stupid and if you just pull art off of Google, you will be laughed at then ignored.)
- Link or attach your animation reel if you have one.
We are posting this on the Design Notes first because we ALWAYS want to get people from our community before looking outside the AE family, but if you happen to know someone who does not play, fits the criteria and would like some experience in the gaming industry feel free to let them know.
You must be at least 16 years old to be considered for this (these) position(s). If the application is not complete, we will toss it out. And please - one application per person. We will read all the applications and consider all of them. If you are chosen to go through a further interview, we will contact you by e-mail. Unfortunately, we cannot reply to everyone. If you do not hear from us, sorry.
Please note that this is an unpaid, volunteer position but does come with in-game mod status, free AE game memberships, AdventureCoins, the chance to test game content as we develop it before release and invaluable experience with a honest-to-pie gaming company which will look good on ANY future resumes.
Thanks, good luck and Battle On!
Tags: Cysero Art Artists Application
Return of the Pink
Beleen is back… and so is an Art Contest!
Oh my. I see that there is a massive lack of PINK on this page. So I’m here to fix it!
True story: I have missed you guys and gals soooooo much! I’ve been AFK for two weeks now (getting college stuff in order, yanno) and I can’t WAIT to start playing my favorite MMO again with all of my lovely friends =D
Sorry Artix… but Beleen is back so you had better equip those anti-pink protective eyeglasses! MWAHA!
So what have I missed? …a Spring AE Art Contest, huh? A W E S O M E—I looovve art contests!
Make AE-themed spring holiday original artwork! You can draw, sculpt, paint, bake a giant Grenwog cake, or even create a balloon Blinding Light of Destiny, as long as everything is made by you! The contest thread will close Friday May 6th, 2011 at 5:00 pm EST (server time), with the winner being announced during the following week.
- Design must be inspired by any of the AE Games. (AQ, MQ, DF, AQW, ED, HS) and must be Spring holiday themed.
- You may use any form of media for your design. (Pencil, Flash, brownie mix, etc)
- All artwork must be original. This means no screenshots from the games can be used.
- Tracing is strictly FORBIDDEN. Absolutely NO TRACING.
- Only two entries per person and please include them both in the same post, make sure to convert to .jpg format and within the preferred size range of 800x600.
- You may NOT EDIT or DELETE your post after you have posted your entry.
So make sure it's right before you post it. This isn't a race, you don't need to be the first to post. All submissions WILL be looked at!
- You will be automatically disqualified if you do not follow all the rules.
- Don't forget your Game Character Name, which game your character is in, and a VALID link to your masterpiece!
- And have FUN!
The Sweet Prizes
The Grand Prize Winner(s?) will receive 4,000 Artix Points! 2,000 will be awarded for second place, third AND fourth places and, as always, we reserve the right to award people who go above and beyond!
Where to Enter
Click this link and submit your entry today! Or tomorrow. Or next week. Or even at 4:59pm EST on Friday, May 6th…if you really wanna get a last minute submission in ^__^
EEEEEP! I cannot wait to see what you little artists have in store. It’s always a joy to see what other creative abilities our fellow adventurers have… besides soloing a Chaos Lord! Heheh!
Good luck to everyone!
Tags: Art contest Prizes Beleen